Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Not that I was in need of more motivation for the sleeve, I have asked Santa over and over for that but today I decided that I needed a new top and some nice jeans. So I went to TJ Maxx specifically the 2x Woman's section, well the plus size rack was just that, a rack there was no "section", in the 2x category we had a whopping 12 tops and 3 pants!!!! The tops I wouldn't allow my grandma to wear and the pants...no comments. I glanced over towards the "normal" people section and had to look away as I began to feel tears coming on(ever been there?) another reason why I am so freaking tired of being fat! We are made to feel like aliens shoved to the back of the store, in the "normal" section you had an infinity of choices and cute tops. Isn't this the story of the overweight person's life? As I left the store I drove passed a McDonalds, normally I would stop there and get something this time I felt pure hate for the place sorry we are done Ronald, next time I feel like eating a freaking burger I will opt for one that won't kill me so fast, homemade boca burger which won't take me to the grave so fast. I couldn't wait to get home and get this off my chest now I am angry...angry_smile.gifand can't wait until my sleeve. present.gifThe best gift I have ever been given the opportunity to have.

Best Wishes to all of you!

Yep, been there more times than I care to remember.

Those times will be long gone for you, and faster than you think. Hang in there, you are in the right mindset and it will all work out for you.

I totally agree with you. I can not understand why they make plus size clothes so freaking ugly.

Kudos to you for driving past McDonalds and going home to a healthier burger. :D

Good luck and best wishes to you.

Deb B)

Good for you for not giving in to the golden arches!

I completely understand where you are coming from. I have not been shopping for myself in a LONG time. It is just too depressing.

This too we shall overcome and then it is going to be a fight to keep us out of the stores because we are going to be shopping so much!!! I am ready for my sleeve (12/14/10) and I know that it is the best decision/gift that I can give myself.

Best wishes to you!!

I'm right there with you , I got to the point I would just not even go into my section. I was so tired of having to dress like a old lady. Since surgery that has changed, but I'm usually just browsing because I know what ever size I'm in that particular day I won't be in that size long enough to spend all that money on brand new clothes. I went shopping for size 20's one week, and the next week I was in size 18 (a little snug), but they fit. Give your self a pat on the back for skipping McDonalds, I live right around the corner from one(litterally), and I think I was addicted to the Golden Arches. Stay strong, you will be shopping in the regular misses section soon enough.

I agree totally! The plus size clothes are usually ridiculous~ I am so ready to be able to shop in the normal section at any store I want. I can't to kiss LB and those other plus size stores goodbye!

I have actually been going into the normal stores looking at the smaller sizes knowing that in the future I will be shopping on those racks. Next July will be my 30 year class reunion and I can't wait. My husband has promised to be me a new hot dress.

I have 5 days until I start the preop liquid diet and 12 days until surgery......

I have never in my life shopped in the "normal" section. I have no clue what the difference between misses and petites are, or just what a size 10 falls under. I am almost more nervous about figuring all that out than getting the surgery, I guess I will have to employ the help of a " normal" size person for a "normal" shopping session!