Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Who Was Your Gastric Sleeve Surgeon

Hello, my name is Carla. My surgeon was Dr. Robert Marvin in Houston Tx. My surgery was at The Methodist Hospital in Houston where I stayed 1 night, it is a clean hospital with caring nurses. I highly recommend my surgeon www.doctormarvin.com

Carla:

When did you have surgery?

I am now talking to Robin at Dr. Marvin's office (I have an appointment tomorrow 10/25)

I am wondering if you could tell me anything positive or negative about Dr. Marvin and his staff, and/or whether or not you had

any complications?

I weigh 257 ht. 5 71/2 BMI 39 - 40.

Thank you

My surgery was done by Dr. Marc Zare at Good Samaritan Hospital in San Jose, CA.

Best decision of my life. Great surgeon, he even has a great bedside mannor! Ben works in his office and is amazingly helpful with the paperwork and insurance companies and with the 8,000 questions. Dr. Zare and his team were amazing!

-Lisa

I am Amanda, I am 28yrs old I was sleeved on Oct.20 2011 by Dr. George Weiss at Central Baptist in Lexington Kentucky. I love Dr. Weiss! He was great I stayed in the hospital two nights becasue I was in alot of pain (I'm a wimp) and he was there to check on me every day! My highest weight was 315lbs, Surgery day I was 277 today I was 270 and I'm 5'9".

Dr. Dickerson, LTC, US Army

Brooke Army Medical Center (BAMC), San Antonio TX

Great surgeon, kinda of a radical in the sense that he did not believe in crushing pills or putting a drain in or having you do the swallow-xray leak test the next day.

I would highly recommend him to anyone!!

My surgeons were Dr. Brian Quebbemann and Dr. Justin Braverman at The N.E.W. Program in Newport Beach - Orange County, California. I actually saw Dr. Quebbemann on the Doctor's TV Show. He showed how he does the gastric sleeve through the belly button. You can't see any scars! I contacted them and my insurance required a facility with a Center of Excellence and these surgeons and their facilities had what I was looking for. Their after-care program is great and their staff support is everything a patient can ask for. I HIGHLY recommend The N.E.W. Program.

Thanks for your post, I am having surgery with Dr. Braverman on December 9th, and its nice to hear good things about your surgeon before surgery!

Surgeon Dr. Brent Allain at the OLOL bariatric surgery center which is a center of excellence. Stayed over night at OLOL hospital Baton RougeLouisiana. My surgeon told me to not let money be a factor in my decision to have the surgery regardless of insurance coverage! Great staff great experience! Thanks and Gob bless!

My name is Donna. I had my surgery 8/1/2011 by Dr. Ariel Ortiz Lagardere in TJ, Mexico. Obesity Cotrol Center - Center of Excelence facility.

My husband and I did it together.

The facility and doctors/nurses were awesome.

Dr. Ortiz was written up in NewsWeek magazine as one of the top 15 bariatric surgeons.

My daughter is going next.

I paid $8000 but there are specials for $7000

I was in facility overnight and had to return daily using the hotel shuttle to have the drain checked for 6 days.

No complications.

Starting weight 233

Surgery weight 212

Present weight 171

Height 5'4"

Brad Sndyer with UT MIST here in Houston (actual location of office is Bellaire). Had surgery at Memorial Hermann Hospital. Great doctor and nursing Staff--Patricia. I was only in the hospital a day and 1/2

Hi, my name is Dorey. I had my sleeve done on Oct.26,2011...at Henry Ford Hospital in Wyandotte, Michigan. Dr.Bilal Kharbutli was my surgeon. They do offer monthy support groups, but I don't have a car available at the times of the meetings! Will figure something out to make it to future meetings! Good Luck to all...

My surgeon was Dr. Gersin with Carolinas Weight Management. I stayed at Mercy Hospital in Charlotte, N.C. for my sleeve. I also had to have a hiatal hernia repair at the same time. The procedure went smoothly and I had no complications. Anyone in this region of the country that is thinking of having batriatric surgery needs to look this group up, they are awesome!biggrin.gif

This is who I'm thinking about having do my surgery. I have my consultation with him on 12/21. Is there anything I should know/do to help this process move along? Also, how long did your process take until you were sleeved? Thanks so much for any help you can give and good luck on your journey!

Dr Kelvin Higa at Fresno Heart & Surgical Hospital, Fresno, CA.

Dr Higa- fantastic. I couldn't have asked for an easier experience. my potassium was low and the four bags they gave me weren't fun but that wasn't his fault!

Mostly cardiac and WLS it seems at this hospital so there aren't sick people around. private rooms with a fold out chair if you have someone stay with you.

Hi... I'm Jonathan from florence, KY. My surgeon was Dr. Northup at Mercy Hospital in Fairfield, OH. Surgery was January 11th, and went home next day. He is awesome!!