Who Was Your Gastric Sleeve Surgeon

320 posts in this topic

I'm trying to choose between Dr Mir Ali and Dr Peter Laport both at fountain valley. I can get in a month sooner with Dr Ali (leaning that way unless I hear otherwise).

Input anyone?

My surgeon was Dr. Sergey Lyass at Oband Medical Group/MiVip medical group. I was sleeved on 10/14 at the Las Vegas Regional Surgery Center (which is AMaZing).

I only saw Dr. Lyass 2 times during the entire 7 month process and did not see him at my 1 week follow-up. He seems nice and has great credentials, but I felt less than informed. ALL of what I know I found on the internet. This place is very affordable (My out of pocket was nearly $0 for the entire process). Great place if you want a "do it on your own" kind of experience. Overall, I had a decent experience.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Dr. Ozanan Meireles at Massachusetts General Hospital. I had to go through their Weight Center but it was well worth it.

I had the band to sleeve revision by Dr. Bridget Holden in Colleyville, Texas. She was professional, straight forward and easy to ask questions. She removed the band and revised to a sleeve in an about an hour as outpatient. I was able to go home at 4 pm the same day. My recovery was incredibly easy after Day 1. I highly recommend her.

@@SandySwear im currently seeing Dietrick, he is amazing. Looking forward to getting my surgery date hopefully sometime in march.

My surgeon is Dr. John Dietrick of Tampa Florida. He is great - does mostly gastric bypass surgeries. So this is his stock and trade. Great program with multiple yr follow up for all his patients. Nutritionist on staff which is included in the fee. He is also capable of fixing other issues he may find - for me a hiatial hernia that I had suffered reflux from for years - now NO REFLUX! Surgery was at Florida Hospital Tampa - trained staff, caring and compassionate. Great experience. Would recommend him to anyone. OH by the way, I am a nurse - we know how to vet out surgeons! We only go with the best! Highly recommend him.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Has anyone used Dr. Le from Kim Bariatrics?

Dr Fernando Garcia at CER in Tijuana Mexico through Tijuana Bariatrics. I was sleeved on April 10 and it was a FANTASTIC experience. I would recommend this to anyone. Any questions please message me.

HW 420
SW 347
CW 334
Sleeved April 10, 2017