Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Who Was Your Gastric Sleeve Surgeon

My surgeon was Fernando Bonnani Director of the Bariatric Ctr at Abington Hospital. I would highly recommend him. I was in the hospital 1 night and the staff was great.

Dr. Mohammad Jawad of Ocala and Orlando, FL. I was self pay. He is a marvelous surgeon. I encourage anyone to come here for the surgery. He has done around 200 sleeves, and is a pioneer in bariatric surgery and laproscopic surgery in general. 6000 bariatric operations and only 1 fatality! Amazing record, a Center for Excellence, and rates #1 in FL for safety. It is important to pick a surgeon with the appropriate experience. He has done so many laprascopic by-pass operations, and, unlike banding, the sleeve relies on the same technique as bypass--making the staples laprosopically. So, that experience counts, banding not so much since it doesn't require stapling.

This is an important decision. Even though I was self-pay, I decided I wanted to have my surgery in the U.S. with a very well recognized surgeon in a highly rated hospital. Dr Jawad and his system is all that and then some. I have hard that if you have surgery in Mexico and have serious complications when you get back that it can be really difficult to get a suitable bariatric surgeon to touch you. Give the aftercare and possibility of complications a lot of serious thoughts. Ask questions.

Dr. Mohammad Jawad of Ocala and Orlando, FL. I was self pay. He is a marvelous surgeon. I encourage anyone to come here for the surgery. He has done around 200 sleeves, and is a pioneer in bariatric surgery and laproscopic surgery in general. 6000 bariatric operations and only 1 fatality! Amazing record, a Center for Excellence, and rates #1 in FL for safety. It is important to pick a surgeon with the appropriate experience. He has done so many laprascopic by-pass operations, and, unlike banding, the sleeve relies on the same technique as bypass--making the staples laprosopically. So, that experience counts, banding not so much since it doesn't require stapling.

This is an important decision. Even though I was self-pay, I decided I wanted to have my surgery in the U.S. with a very well recognized surgeon in a highly rated hospital. Dr Jawad and his system is all that and then some. I have hard that if you have surgery in Mexico and have serious complications when you get back that it can be really difficult to get a suitable bariatric surgeon to touch you. Give the aftercare and possibility of complications a lot of serious thoughts. Ask questions.

Well, congratulations to you. I am very happy that this was such a success for you.

Suzanne

I am having my VGS revision to my RNY with Dr. Steven C. Simon at Paradise Valley Hospital in Phoenix, AZ on May 31,2011. The RNY was done by Dr. F. Darwin Zahn at St. Luke Med Center in Phoenix on June 27, 2001. Let me review both doctors and facilities here: I had excellent care with Dr. Zahn--he had to repair a hiatal hernia and my gallbladder was removed at the time of this surgery. I was very sick from preop anemia about 3 months prior to wls with Zahn. Dr. Zahn has since retired, my support system postop went away, and about 5 yrs ago the bypass started malfunctioning due to stretching pouch, and then my hypertension, and anemic conditions came back with vengeance. I also got cardiac chest pains, bone loss, and just last Dec was diagnosed with asthma. The hospital is very good, however, I could not get connected with either Dr. Juarez or Dr. Fang to do revision surgery due to ins issues. I tried Tempe St. Luke's, with Dr. Schlesinger and Dr. Sprunger, but that center is AWFUL!!--I cannot figure out how that facility in Tempe got rated as Center for Excellence. I doubt either doctor is trained in revision surgery--Sprunger just started with Schlesinger last fall and was not set up for my revision procedure--plus, the 2 hospitals are an hr away from me. Now let me rate AZ Weightloss Solutions: Dr. Steven Simon is wonderfully gifted at wls!! He is patient, kind, ready for any questions you might have of him, and will go 110% in seeking your answers to anything from ins issues, nutrition, surgery, recovery and hospitalization needs. He first examined me in 2007 when I was told revision surgery was needed for me to see weightloss and maintenance again. At that time, the ins I had did not cover wls or revision surgery--Dr. Simon appealed twice for me to get it, but no luck. Then, about 2 yrs after, I had jobloss and required state help. Luckily, my ins carrier thru Medicaid, referred me to Dr. Simon after I had had a TERRIBLE time after an EGD with Schlesinger in Tempe St. Luke's Hospital in Jan of this year. We worked solid for about 3 mos to get an auth for revision surgery and my date is May 31st. Dr. Simon was OUTSTANDING in securing my approval for surgery. I really love how he has been toward my care and impending postop treatment. I have no reservations whatsoever about this surgery--it will bring better health to me so that I can secure a new job in the very near future. I rate his office, the hospital, and support staff a 10+++++++ on a scale of 1 to 10, being most recommended.:D Also, Dr. Simon's office, and the hospital is 15 min from my house! Cannot ask for anything better!! They do the seminars bymonthly, and monthly support meetings, too. Looking forward to the support groups!

My surgeon was Dr Timothy Ehrlich from Ehrlich Bariatrics in Trumbull, CT. Surgery was performed at Griffin Hospital in Derby, CT. His staff have been great, the hospital was great and I feel really good being 16 days out. I would definitely recommend him to anyone here in the CT area.

My surgeon was Dr. Gersin with Carolinas Weight Management. I stayed at Mercy Hospital in Charlotte, N.C. for my sleeve. I also had to have a hiatal hernia repair at the same time. The procedure went smoothly and I had no complications. Anyone in this region of the country that is thinking of having batriatric surgery needs to look this group up, they are awesome!:D

I am having my VGS revision to my RNY with Dr. Steven C. Simon at Paradise Valley Hospital in Phoenix, AZ on May 31,2011. The RNY was done by Dr. F. Darwin Zahn at St. Luke Med Center in Phoenix on June 27, 2001. Let me review both doctors and facilities here: I had excellent care with Dr. Zahn--he had to repair a hiatal hernia and my gallbladder was removed at the time of this surgery. I was very sick from preop anemia about 3 months prior to wls with Zahn. Dr. Zahn has since retired, my support system postop went away, and about 5 yrs ago the bypass started malfunctioning due to stretching pouch, and then my hypertension, and anemic conditions came back with vengeance. I also got cardiac chest pains, bone loss, and just last Dec was diagnosed with asthma. The hospital is very good, however, I could not get connected with either Dr. Juarez or Dr. Fang to do revision surgery due to ins issues. I tried Tempe St. Luke's, with Dr. Schlesinger and Dr. Sprunger, but that center is AWFUL!!--I cannot figure out how that facility in Tempe got rated as Center for Excellence. I doubt either doctor is trained in revision surgery--Sprunger just started with Schlesinger last fall and was not set up for my revision procedure--plus, the 2 hospitals are an hr away from me. Now let me rate AZ Weightloss Solutions: Dr. Steven Simon is wonderfully gifted at wls!! He is patient, kind, ready for any questions you might have of him, and will go 110% in seeking your answers to anything from ins issues, nutrition, surgery, recovery and hospitalization needs. He first examined me in 2007 when I was told revision surgery was needed for me to see weightloss and maintenance again. At that time, the ins I had did not cover wls or revision surgery--Dr. Simon appealed twice for me to get it, but no luck. Then, about 2 yrs after, I had jobloss and required state help. Luckily, my ins carrier thru Medicaid, referred me to Dr. Simon after I had had a TERRIBLE time after an EGD with Schlesinger in Tempe St. Luke's Hospital in Jan of this year. We worked solid for about 3 mos to get an auth for revision surgery and my date is May 31st. Dr. Simon was OUTSTANDING in securing my approval for surgery. I really love how he has been toward my care and impending postop treatment. I have no reservations whatsoever about this surgery--it will bring better health to me so that I can secure a new job in the very near future. I rate his office, the hospital, and support staff a 10+++++++ on a scale of 1 to 10, being most recommended.:D Also, Dr. Simon's office, and the hospital is 15 min from my house! Cannot ask for anything better!! They do the seminars bymonthly, and monthly support meetings, too. Looking forward to the support groups!

Hi,

It is always great to hear that somone has had such a positive experience with WLS and their doctor.

My surgeon is Dr. Corvala in Tijuana. I stayed at the Hospital Angeles. I had the plication. He is a pioneer for that surgery.

I used the gorgeous and extremely experienced Dr. Wade Barker. I was self-pay so I went to Forest Park Med. Ctr. in Dallas. His staff is also great to work with. He has a monthly support group, but I don't go to it as I live an hour away.

My Surgeon was Dr. Almanza in Tijuana Mexico. He was great and we were treated excellent. It is not a fancy hospital or a lot of bells and whistles but the care was great and the facility was clean. I would highly recommend this surgeon.

Dr Kelly in Mexico! I had a wonderful experience, no pain, and an extremely easy and speedy recovery. No pain, no nausea, no difficulty or pain in swallowing, incisions look good and no problem getting fluids down. I am very impressed with Dr Kelly's skill and bedside manner, and Trish was absolutely wonderful!! LOVE THEM!

My surgeon was Dr David Kim and surgery was performed Feb 14, 2011 at Trophy Club Medical Center. Can not recommend Dr Kim, his staff or the hospital enough!! 5 star treatment/accomodations! I was in the hospital 2 nights

My surgery was 5/17/11 by Dr. Toby Broussard of Transforming Lives - Edmond, OK. He and his staff are wonderful! Tons of the staff have actually had the surgery themselves. They are super helpful and compassionate people.

My surgeon was Dr. Janos Taller with Pacific Bariatric in San Diego, CA. He's a fantastic surgeon with wonderful bedside manner! I would highly recommend him to anyone.