Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Who Was Your Gastric Sleeve Surgeon

I had my surgery on November 29, 2010 with Dr. Liza Maria Pompa at LIMARP in Tijuana, Mexico. The staff were wonderful, almost all of them were Doctors (even the staff that changed the catheter bags). Dr. Pompa was very caring and a great surgeon. I would highly recommend her and her clinic.

My Surgeon is Dr. Paul Guske, from The Kane Center, a center of excellence and my sleeve will be done at St. Alexius in Hoffman Estates IL.

Kane Center

St Alexius Medical Center

My surgeon was also Dr. Guske. I also went to St. Alexius. Wonderful surgeon. Great facility. I've had several surgeries there. The Kane Center is also a Bariatric Center of Excellence. For BC/BS of IL they are a fast track center.

If anyone is looking for a surgeon in Europe, I recommend my surgeon, Dr. Jose Hobeika at the American Hospital of Paris. For anyone in France, the American Hospital is covered for the most part by a mutuelle if you have one on top of the public health insurance, and you have a private room with good staff. For the expats, most of the staff does speak English (including all of the doctors). If you do not have French health insurance + a mutuelle, it is quite pricy. I've actually found the American Hospital of Paris to be better than any of the American institutions I've been to (and they were able to find and diagnose a hereditary disease I have on my first visit which American doctors had missed for 10 years)....

Hi - I was sleeved on 2/22/11 by Dr. Stephen Boyce - New Life Bariatric Center

Hospital - Park West Hospital They have a wing of the hospital that is just for bariatric patients

Both are wonderful!

175454.png

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Hi my name is Charlene and my surgeon was Dr. Almanza at Jerusalem Hospital in Tijuana Mexico.

Dr. S. Scott Davis, Jr.

Emory University Hospital

Atlanta, Georgia

Hi my name is Linda I had my sleeve done with Dr. Ortiz at Obesity Control Center in Tijuana Mexico. www.obesitycontrolcenter.com

Hi. How did you find the pre-op & post-op care? Were you comfortable with Dr. Ortiz - and is the staff staying in touch with you? Myself, I was banded by Dr. Ortiz in 2003, but need & want to switch to gastric sleeve plication. Dr. Ortiz charges $8500 for lapband to plication revision, while Dr. Mario Almanzo (also in Tijuana) only charges $5000. Big difference. I'm still not sure what to do! Any advice would be welcomed!

I had surgeon Dr. Eibes in Des Moines Iowa at Iowa Methodish Medical Center. He is the medical director for Bariatric Surgery at IMMC and I had total confidence with him and his staff. I highly reccommend them. I was in surgery for about 45 minutes from what I was told and after recovery I went to my room and stayed 2 nights in the hospital. My insurance picked up most of the bill and I am only responsible for $2,000 deductible.

Dr. Brian Quebbemann in Newport Beach.

Most experienced in WLS lapriscopic surgery with documentation to prove it. Dr Q perfomed the very first lapriscopic WLS in US over 10 years ago which took him 11 hours since no surgeon had ever attemped gastric bypass before without opening patient up. By the way - that patient I have met personally and she still maintains her 160+ lb weight loss.

He performed the very first SPIDER sleeve surgery last year (scarless VSG) and then went on The Doctors TV show to talk about the sleeve. He placed the first Realize lapband in a patient in US. All of this information can be verified via internet. He is a WLS god and is nationally recoginized by his peers/bariatric surgeons as a the groundbreaker as he recieves award after award from ASMBS - American Society for Metabolic/Bariatric Surgery and ASBS - American Society Bariatric Surgery .

If you want the guy who teaches other surgeons, the guy who has the most experience with lapriscopic WLS with the highest saftey record, lowest complication rate (comparied by # of surgeries & # of years with WLS) and offers free life time weekly support groups which he is a part of also, then you to would never have a regret choosing him. Only con...good luck getting past his front office. Persistance pays off. No, I don't work for the office - just thrilled with results better than I ever dreamed.

Hi, I would very much like all of us to publish who your surgeon was and at what facility you received your sleeve? I would hope this information will be of importance for all the future visitors to the site in helping them make a decision and hoping to relieve some stress in picking a doctor. Please post your information.

My name is Tim my surgeon was Dr. Ramos Kelly and surgery was performed at the INT Hospital. Had wonderful english skills and hospital was exceptionally clean and caring nurses. Nurses lacked english speaking skills but someone was around at all hours to translate. I recommend the hospital and the Doctor. My stay was 2 nights in hosptial and 2 nights at the Baja Inn Hotel five star

Surgeon: Dr. Ramos Kelly

Hospital : INT Hospital

Hello, my name is Carla. My surgeon was Dr. Robert Marvin in Houston Tx. My surgery was at The Methodist Hospital in Houston where I stayed 1 night, it is a clean hospital with caring nurses. I highly recommend my surgeon www.doctormarvin.com

My surgeons were Dr. Brian Quebbemann and Dr. Justin Braverman at The N.E.W. Program in Newport Beach - Orange County, California. I actually saw Dr. Quebbemann on the Doctor's TV Show. He showed how he does the gastric sleeve through the belly button. You can't see any scars! I contacted them and my insurance required a facility with a Center of Excellence and these surgeons and their facilities had what I was looking for. Their after-care program is great and their staff support is everything a patient can ask for. I HIGHLY recommend The N.E.W. Program.

Hi Everyone,

What a great idea. I knew without a doubt that my insurance was NOT going to pay for any weight loss surgery. So if I was going to pay for it myself, I wasn't about to bargain shop when it came to my health and a surgery that was going to effect the rest of my life.

After many months(at least 6 months) of research and talking with many people on a lot of different boards the same name kept coming up.

Dr. Alberto Aceves, MD in Mexicali, Mexico was my choice. I had my surgery done on Oct 21, 2008 in a top of the line hospital--Hospital Almater. I have lost 105 pounds and kept it off--I am about 2 1/2 years out from my sleeve surgery.

My experience was top of the line. After having surgery with Dr. Aceves and his staff of very will trained (English speaking staff) I thought to myself, if I could only find a place like this is the US. The care that you receive from them is 100 times better than anything I have ever experience in the US. Dr. Aceves and his staff spent as much time as you needed answering any and all their patients question before and after surgery. While in his --hospital--NOT a clinic, but a fully equipped hospital I saw 2 doctors 3 times a day. Tell me when was the last time you saw 2 doctors 3 times a day when you were in any US Hospital? They (the doctors and staff) are concerned that you are doing well, and would NEVER send you home unless they were confident that you are able to travel.

Their infection rate is far less than any US hospital also--I checked all these things out.

I would never consider letting any other doctor other than Dr. Aceves do this type of surgery. Don't you want the best you can have when it comes to your health? If you do I highly suggest you check him out.

I am hear for any questions that you may have about my experience with Dr. Aceves and his staff.

When it comes to being clean, Almater Hospital clean 24-7 at this hospital--they even clean and wash the sidewalks everyday. They cleaned my room 3 times a day while I was there--including my shower and toilet.

I have nothing but good things to say about my experience of going to Mexicali, Mexico for this surgery. If Dr. Aceves lived closer to me I would make him my primary care doctor.

My name is Chris and Dr. Deperi in Jacksonville, FL did my sleeve on April 14, 2011. So far so good and I would recommend Dr. Deperi or any of the other doctors who work with Novus Centers in Jacksonville.

My surgeon was Dr. Mehul Trivedi in Albany, New York. My surgery was at St. Peter's Hospital in Albany. I would highly recommend not only Dr. Trivedi, but all the staff (nurses, techs, etc...) at St. Peter's -- they were absolutely awesome. No complaints at all -- loving my sleeve!!