Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Who Was Your Gastric Sleeve Surgeon

The talented Dr. Samuel Bleedsoe, in Alexandria Louisiana at Cabrini Hospital. Outstanding experience with no complications, Staff & facilities were excellent. I give them 5 out of 5 stars.

I went to TLC Survery in Houston, TX, Dr. Terry Scarborough. The before and after care was not good, although they are a center of excellence. The surgery was good.

In the nutrition meeting (1 hour) they mixed in the sleeve people with the lap band and gastric bypass. I was the only sleever so it was confusing to me.

The counseling session was just not much. It wasn't bad, just intended to make sure I was mentally stable. But it did little to prepare me for what I was about to endure.

It was only 1 visit bc I was self pay. I didn't know better, and wasn't mentally prepared for the surgery, not really understanding just how major this decision was. Dr. Scarborough totally explained it, but I missed the part about 85% of your stomach being removed. If I heard that percentage, I probably would have been a bit more careful. Maybe I was a bit naive.

Dr. Scarborough did have me do a 2 week all liquid diet, so I guess I was prepared physically more than mentally.

While in the hospital, Dr. Scarborough took great care of me. It was a successful surgery. After care, once again, nil. I believe he is a good surgeon, and friendly but not very forthcoming with information perhaps bc he is not a talker. When I went back 3 weeks after surgery for a follow-up no one knew who I was or that I'd had surgery except him. And he couldn't remember what surgery I had. I got pissed about that, and told him I thought he needed to work out some of these issues. He thought I had gastric bypass in that visit a week after surgery, bc he didn't have his operating notes yet. That is what he said. I felt so scared, like did he DO the right surgery on me, is he competent, etc.? But later I realized it is just like running any business if you don't have all your ducks in a row. But let me tell you at that point I was in panic mode.

TLC contracts out all their nutrition and counseling so you don't really get a sense that you are getting a complete package, more of fulfilling a requirement for surgery. If you need help you have to ask or demand it, because no one knows who you are. They don't get to know you in that way, which is sad. The nutritionist in my meeting had never had surgery or anything, you don't get that sense of being mentored from the office staff, although they are nice. No one from his office really follows up with you once out of hospital. I only went to his office 3 or 4 times, but I met people in his waiting room that were very concerned on my visits after surgery. If I saw them before surgery I would have cancelled. One had a leak that had healed but still couldn't get her Protein in. She was feeling very sick and was very surprised to see me bouncing around at 3 weeks. She was pretty old, but she looked quite worried about her health and unhealthy. She was absolutely desperate for information and support. At that moment she was in total regret. I wanted to tell her about this site, but when I thought about it she was already called back in the back. But Dr. Scarborough had stuck with her through it all, so that was good. Apparently it had been an ordeal that lasted quite a while. There was another lady wheeled into the waiting room in a wheel chair bc she was too weak to walk. She looked about to conk out from dehydration in the waiting room and she probably went back to hospital. Maybe that is normal, but to me it was scarey. I actually had an appt that day this second lady was in the waiting room and I had waited a very long time. He was evidently stuck in surgery or so, when I saw the lady I left so she could be seen first upon his return. I was so worried about her and hope she did okay. I just never went back.

Since then I learned of Robert and Garth Davis. In Houston, TX they have a more complete package to offer. I tend to recommend them rather than TLC Surgery.

My surgeon did perform his job well and I am so thankful for that. BUT I would rather have the active support groups and on-staff before/after care staffers. It is a bigger practice.

I guess it depends what you are looking for. I'm a very sensitive person and need to feel very comfortable. I liked Dr. Scarborough, but just think they don't actually have it as together as they should. I think he would do better working for a bigger clinic bc he is evidently a good surgeon. He doesn't have the interpersonal skills to truly manage an office, I think he is more of a talented surgeon than a surgeon that should be bothered with all the patient details. Nice man though.

I used Dr. David Kim.from Colleyville, Texas and had surgery at Trophy Club Medical. Dr. Kim is great and I highly recommend him. His staff and facilities are wonderful and I feel I was not only well informed but prepared. I was so happy with the whole experience that my husband has also become Dr. Kim's patient and will be sleeved soon.

Dr. Ramos Kelly at the Florence Hospital (Oasis) in Tijuana Mexico. Excellent medical care and support. I recomend.

Hi, My surgery is Monday at Fountain Valley. I was just wondering how the hospital was and if you had any kind of review you could give me for their bariatric floor!? :)

Surgery was at Fountain Valley Regional in Southern CA. Surgeon was Dr Mir Ali. I was his 10th sleeve operation, and I've had a wonderful recovery. I was in the hospital for 2 days. Hospital staff was attentive. No Wifi at hospital. Dr office was very business as usual.

Hi everyone. My name is Debbie. My surgeon is Dr. Jawad in Ocala Florida. His staff Pushed my insurance through quickly. No problem. He is a great surgeon. The Bariatric staff at Ocala Regional Medical Center was very attentive to my needs. No complaints what so ever. Nor do I have any regrets on my choice of surgeon.:D

Dr. Wade Barker in Dallas, Tx .... I had a good experience and he is HOT to boot!!!!! I had my surgery at Pine Creek Medical Center. It was nice and the staff was too....

Hi. Mine was Dr, Roslin. It was done at Lenox Hill Hospital in NYC. The staff there are very professional.

HELLO

I AM GOING WITH DR ROSLIN HE IS IN NORTHERN WESTCHESTER IN MT KISKO.I SEARCH ON LINE .APRIL 7TH I GO FOR MY SEMINAR .I ALREADY SCHEDULED MY CONSULT WITH HIM AS WELL FOR APRIL 14TH .MY HUSBAND MIGHT DO IT WITH ME AS WELL ,I AM NOT WASTING ANYTIME I HAVE DONE TONS OF RESEARCH AND I WANT THE VERTICAL SLEEVE DONE .I AM A DIABETIC TYPE 2 AND ITS GETTING WORSE .HE IS AT BOTH HOSPITAL HE JUST OPENED IT UP IN WESTCHESTER . I LIVE ABOUT AN HOUR FURTHER UPSATATE MY DR DIDNT EVEN KNOW WHAT VSG WAS.:unsure: UNREAL WHAT DID U HAVE DONE?

MANDY

Hi, I'm Shannon. My surgeon was Dr. Peter Liao, at Greater Baltimore Medical Center in Baltimore, Maryland. I love that hospital. That's where all my doctor's are. It's also where I had my son.

Dr. Aceves and all the staff and hospital were fabulous !