Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

4 mths and 100 pounds you can do it!

Hi folks!

First let me congratulate you! Being a heavy weight myself, I know the work you are doing. And I would also like to validate your comment that others can do it too. I am 4 months postop and including my preop loss, I am down 98.5 lbs. My 50% goal was to lose 100 by the end of the year. I feel pretty sure that barring a mother of all stalls, I should be on track to hit that goal. My 100% goal is to be down another 100 by next august (my one year surgiversary).

My diet is very similar to yours. Getting the 80-90 gm of Protein per day and lots of Water is key. I use a couple different supplements because I don't like fruity flavored drinks. I only use chocolate Pure Protein choc powder from Target, and Premier premixed choc shakes from costco.

I am anal about getting my Water and Vitamins in. And I haven't been exercising nearly what I should be doing, but I am overall more active than I was 100 lbs ago. School, homework and an internship eats up most of my time. Then there's job hunting time and a family to take care of. I know it would come off faster if I could hit the streets. And I will be doing that next month when my brutal schedule eases up a bit.

But for all you pre-op folks, it CAN be done. Another critical item is to get all the bad habits out of the way before surgery. My biggest piece of advice is this. Because, once you're post op the coping is a lot easier if you've already dealt with all your addictions and get yourself in the headspace for the post op diet. IT MAKES THE JOURNEY FAR LESS PAINFUL AND LESS HEAD HUNGER. IMHO, anyway. Good luck to you all. Will check in again soon when I get a few mins to write.

gg

I buy it from Drugstore.com they are resonably priced. My local body building store carries them but they charge $38 a tub. You can buy it on Amazon & bariatriceating.com. I also recommend getting samples because I have some flavors that I do not like. Just google Syntrax nectar samples they are out there.

Thanks for the suggestion, I googled and read on Obesity Help that Syntrax offers a sampler pack, 13 flavors for $13 & no S&H. I'll post back when I get a response to my email asking if they still have that available.

Thanks for the suggestion, I googled and read on Obesity Help that Syntrax offers a sampler pack, 13 flavors for $13 & no S&H. I'll post back when I get a response to my email asking if they still have that available.

If anyone's interested...here's the reply from Syntrax. I'm calling right now to place my order!

We are currently offering a one time only, limit one per person special on the nectar ‘Variety Sampler’ containing 13 full serving packets of the following flavors: Apple Ecstasy, caribbean cooler, Crystal Sky, Fuzzy Navel, Lemon Tea, Pink Grapefruit, Roadside Lemonade, strawberry Kiwi, Twisted cherry, chocolate Truffle, strawberry Mousse, vanilla Bean Torte and Latte Cappuccino. The price is $13.00. The nectar Variety Sampler receives FREE SHIPPING and orders typically arrive in 2-5 business days via UPS Ground. If you would like to take advantage of this offer, please give us a call at 866-333-7403 x 801. Our hours are Monday - Friday, 8am - 5pm Central time.

Best regards,

Amanda

SI03 Order Department

Phone: 866-333-7403 x 801

Email: orders@si03.com

Web: www.syntrax.com

Hours of Operation: Monday – Friday, 8am – 5pm Central Time

You can also get the nectar products at Amazon.com. I have the Lemonade and the fuzzy navel. The Lemonade is my fave!!! It's just like crystal light, but with added protein!

Congratulations! I haven't had my surgery yet, but hearing about your amazing weight loss is very inspiring. I'm very interested to learn about what other people are doing for Protein. Thanks for posting about the nectar sampler, I'm going to try to order it next week!

Just wanted to check in and say that I am getting ready to hit my 4 mth post surgery mark and I am down 95 pounds. If I can do it anyone can!!! Good luck!

Your success is so inspirational to someone like me just getting ready for surgery! After reading a post like yours, I'm no longer afraid of my choice but excited and can't wait to be at the point you are today. I also read your blog and thank you for sharing your experience. Please keep us posted on your journey!:rolleyes:

WOW! You are doing awesome!!! I wish the weight was coming off me that fast!! I have 200 pounds to lose too. I looked @ your pictures on your blog and you look great!!! WOW! Love the new hair too! VERY CUTE!

Yay, I am rooting for ya! I am about 3 weeks shy of where you are at, and I am down 78 lbs. with my pre-surgery loss. I never thought this could happen! Isn't ti wonderful? All the best to you! Keep up the good work!

Just wanted to check in and say that I am getting ready to hit my 4 mth post surgery mark and I am down 95 pounds. If I can do it anyone can!!! Good luck!

This is amazing. Congratulations and amazing job!!!!! Thanks for being specific about your plan. I needed to hear it!