Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Please take a minute~

I DONT WANT TO COMPLAIN, AND IM REALLY NOT, I AM JUST SOOOOO DISCOURAGED, MY SURGERY WAS NOV 1, AND I HAVE ONLY LOST 9 LBS...WELL MAYBE, CAUSE MY scale KEEPS GOING UP AND DOWN 2 LBS SO MAYBY ONLY 7. I DONT THINK I EVER SAW ANYONE LOSE ONLY 7 LBS EXCEPT ME.....AND I HAVEN'T LOST ANY SINCE THE FIRST WEEK, SO I HAVE BEEN AT A STALL FOR MY WHOLE 2ND WEEK....HERE IS WHAT I'M TAKING IN

PROTIEN shake 300 CAL

ORANGE juice 100 CAL

V8 JUICE 70 CAL

SKIM MILK 90 CAL

V8 fusion 100 CAL

SO SAY AROUND 700 CAL.. AM I DOING SOMETHING WRONG. I HAVEN'T MOVED AROUND A WHOLE LOT. FEEL WEAK AND DEPRESSED, BUT EVEN IF I AM NOT EXCERSISING WOULDN'T I STILL LOSE ON THIS AMT OF CAL..../?? SORRY ABOUT THE CAPS. FORGOT TO SHUT IT OFF....:blink:

I would have to agree with lisabug, it looks like you're taking in a lot of carbs. Orange juice and Tomato juice also was bring up your sugars quickly, be careful. Don't lose hope, you're still losing, maybe not as quickly as you would like, but you're losing.

I think the V8's have allot of sodium.

You aren't getting in enough clear fluids. Plus, all the sodium and carbs from the juices aren't helping either. You'll need to get some Protein in for energy and fat burning. You'll need to push in some clear fluids as well.

It's normal for people to stall at this stage, and you will lose. While I hate the word "lightweight" but with only 70lbs to lose, you aren't going to drop 30lbs the first month like I did with having 130ish pounds to lose. The less a person has to lose, typically, they lose at a slower rate.

What food stage are you on? When can you introduce mushy foods?

You aren't getting in enough clear fluids. Plus, all the sodium and carbs from the juices aren't helping either. You'll need to get some Protein in for energy and fat burning. You'll need to push in some clear fluids as well.

It's normal for people to stall at this stage, and you will lose. While I hate the word "lightweight" but with only 70lbs to lose, you aren't going to drop 30lbs the first month like I did with having 130ish pounds to lose. The less a person has to lose, typically, they lose at a slower rate.

What food stage are you on? When can you introduce mushy foods?

I also should lose about 100 to get to my optimal, but am shooting for 70 LOL.......

Hi Tiff, I am still in the liquid stage, no mushies till next wed. my protien shake has 300 cal and 13 carbs, 42 grams of protien, it is the EAS MYOPLEX, my doc said it was a good one it is also 11 0z. the juices are all about the same 13 and 14 carbs each serving, 8 0z with 50- 70 cal.I bought the 50 % less sugar. i gave up the clear fluids for the juice because i was so weak and depressed and once i started the juices i felt better and not as hungry, what should i change here, i'll do it whatever it is, just dont know? thank you so very much vicki

I am also 54 yrs old, do u think that is hindering my weight loss too.?

Hi, my doctor had me on 64 oz of Water the day I left the hospital. I was flabbergasted at drinking that much, but I did it by sipping all day. Very important to do the Water. I had to start putting in SF crystal light, hawaiian punch, etc. because the water started making me nauseated. Was told to use Protein drinks with no more than 5 gms carbs.

But every doctor different. Your doctor obviously is OK with higher carb level in them.

I am 63 and lost faster that first month, but also have a lot more weight to lose so I will lose more quickly than you, as Tiffykins said.

You'll probably feel a lot better once you're on mushies. I would talk to my doctor about giving up water. I think he'll want you to add that back in.

Hi, my doctor had me on 64 oz of Water the day I left the hospital. I was flabbergasted at drinking that much, but I did it by sipping all day. Very important to do the Water. I had to start putting in SF crystal light, hawaiian punch, etc. because the water started making me nauseated. Was told to use Protein drinks with no more than 5 gms carbs.

But every doctor different. Your doctor obviously is OK with higher carb level in them.

I am 63 and lost faster that first month, but also have a lot more weight to lose so I will lose more quickly than you, as Tiffykins said.

You'll probably feel a lot better once you're on mushies. I would talk to my doctor about giving up water. I think he'll want you to add that back in.

I started drinking the Vitamin water again, and already feel dizzy and weak and hungry, so far today ive had the protien drink and orange juice and this water. sip, sip, sip..there is no way I can get in 64 oz right now....:(

I also should lose about 100 to get to my optimal, but am shooting for 70 LOL.......

Hi Tiff, I am still in the liquid stage, no mushies till next wed. my protien shake has 300 cal and 13 carbs, 42 grams of protien, it is the EAS MYOPLEX, my doc said it was a good one it is also 11 0z. the juices are all about the same 13 and 14 carbs each serving, 8 0z with 50- 70 cal.I bought the 50 % less sugar. i gave up the clear fluids for the juice because i was so weak and depressed and once i started the juices i felt better and not as hungry, what should i change here, i'll do it whatever it is, just dont know? thank you so very much vicki

I honestly think you'll have to cut the juice at least dilute with Water or start some crystal light or the G2 sugar free gatorade. I don't think your age will impede your weight loss. There are several members on here that are over 50, and even stoongal who is 70 years old have all lost their weight and then some. On full liquids, you can have cream Soups, sugar free puddings/custards and you can mix unflavored Protein powder with those to help get in more Protein which will actually keep you full longer than fruit juice. Thin liquids like the juices, go in and straight out. They don't have enough consistency to hold you over. I would switch to clear fluids, and start with some cream Soups or sugar free pudding with Protein Powder mixed in. By every guidelines I've read, creamy soups, sugar puddings/custards, and yogurts are all full liquids so you should be able to eat those without any issue. Greek yogurt mixed with some sugar free pudding powder or Protein Powder will give you more satiety and protein grams as well if you can mix a chocolate or other flavored protein powder with it.

If you will drink 2oz of clear fluids every 15 minutes, over the course of an 8 hour day that is your 64oz of clear Fluid intake. I broke mine up into 2- 4 hour sessions because I had to wait 30 minutes after eating to drink. But drinking the 2oz every 15 minutes works wonders.

If you will drink 2oz of clear fluids every 15 minutes, over the course of an 8 hour day that is your 64oz of clear Fluid intake. I broke mine up into 2- 4 hour sessions because I had to wait 30 minutes after eating to drink. But drinking the 2oz every 15 minutes works wonders.

Thank you for your replies Tiff, i do appreciate all the feedback and really am going to try and do everything you suggested. I am not suppose to start cream Soup, yogurt etc until wed, but may start tomorrow. 2 0z every 15 it is...lol thanks again vicki :)

Funny, I should have read this before starting a new topic. I feel like I am stalled too. I think i am having too many carbs. I started on mushies today and had some broccli rice casserole blended. I am working at getting the 60 grams of Protein and know I was short on my Water the last two days. It just seems like all the things that are soft that I can have right now are all high in carbs. Plus, I know I am only getting 6-700 cals so surely I should still lose. I have not started working out but, I have been cleaning a lot the last few days trying to get caught back up. My stomach is still really sore. Probably because I have a hard time taking it easy with a three year old.

We will get there! I am certain of it. I am just trying to stay positive. I'm so very glad I found this site.

I think at 2 weeks from having most of your stomach removed you should be concerned only with healing.

Hi Vicki, I'm on my way to work but I read your message and had to post something. I'm sorry your having such a hard time and I just wanted you to know I'm here for you. I think your doing great, I believe we are just starting out and should not expect so much. I'll contact you later, do something special for yourself today:)

Your sleeve buddy, Janine

Hey Vicki--

I am right with you! Remember you and I had the same surgery date.

I was losing 1 lb a day and now nothing. My total loss since surgery is 11 lbs. Talk about a stall. OMG !

There is no way that I can get 64 oz of Fluid in as well.

Today, I should start stage 3. Ya, sure. I am lucky enough to eat 8 oz of food a day (1 cup total). I still eat cream style stuff.

I have talked to a few friends and they said that my body is in starvation mode. And it will catch up. I am not worried.

In the "OLD DAYS" I would eat and eat. I was hungry all the time. I would eat anything and everything I wanted and now---BAM, down to only ounces of food a day. My body is like---WHAT? Where are the Big Macs and fries at? So now my body is holding onto everything. And pretty soon my body will have to start eating the fat. At least this is what I am told...

Hang in there! You know I'M!

Stay in touch :D

pam