Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello. Just sleeved on Nov. 1, 2010.

Hey, I just wanted to introduce myself to the board. I have been reading and know there is lots of support here. This is a place I need to be. I had my vsg on November 1, 2010 and have so many questions. I have about 100 pounds to lose. I had my surgery done in Dallas, TX with Dr. David Kim. I do believe he is the most wonderful doctor I have ever seen. I had my surgery done at Forest Part Medical Center in Dallas. That facility was great. Now I am nearly two weeks post-op and am excited about my journey. Looking forward to learning and sharing with all of you.

Hey, I just wanted to introduce myself to the board. I have been reading and know there is lots of support here. This is a place I need to be. I had my vsg on November 1, 2010 and have so many questions. I have about 100 pounds to lose. I had my surgery done in Dallas, TX with Dr. David Kim. I do believe he is the most wonderful doctor I have ever seen. I had my surgery done at Forest Part Medical Center in Dallas. That facility was great. Now I am nearly two weeks post-op and am excited about my journey. Looking forward to learning and sharing with all of you.

Welcome! I had my sleeve done Nov.4th in Pittsburgh, PA. Things are going as expected and the weight is falling off. I am Trying SOOOOOO very hard to get my liquids in etc. but it is hard for me. I never was much of a drinker. Other than that.....I do not have much energy(lack of food I am sure) no real pain just a little discomfort. Took myself to wal-mart yesterday, got one of those electric skooter things they have. It kicked my butt being out for awhile. That is pretty much where I am. I had some "buyers remorse" in the hospital. I had to stay 3 nites 4 days and I had a VERY rough time, but now that I am home, all is well, or as well as can be expected. Hang in there, we are on the loosers side now. We just have to get well now. If you need to talk I am here! Vicki :D

Welcome! I had my sleeve done Nov.4th in Pittsburgh, PA. Things are going as expected and the weight is falling off. I am Trying SOOOOOO very hard to get my liquids in etc. but it is hard for me. I never was much of a drinker. Other than that.....I do not have much energy(lack of food I am sure) no real pain just a little discomfort. Took myself to wal-mart yesterday, got one of those electric skooter things they have. It kicked my butt being out for awhile. That is pretty much where I am. I had some "buyers remorse" in the hospital. I had to stay 3 nites 4 days and I had a VERY rough time, but now that I am home, all is well, or as well as can be expected. Hang in there, we are on the loosers side now. We just have to get well now. If you need to talk I am here! Vicki :D

Hello!! I had my sleeve done on Nov. 2 in Dearborn, MI. After surgery I was informed that I had a minor complication. There was a kink in the bottom of my stomach and my surgeon was not sure how that would affect me and stated he had been tempted to convert to bypass. The next day when I was started on liquids I because nauseous and could not drink. He ordered an upper GI which showed that my stomach was not emptying mostly due to swelling but possibly also because of the kink. Doc told me to take it slow and not drink for that day, he ordered another GI in 2 days and if things were not improved then I would be headed back to the OR on Saturday to be converted to bypass. Immediately, I thought what the hell have I done to myself. Fortunately, it was only swelling and after 5 days in the hospital I was released. I am doing well so far. I have trouble getting all my liquids in but I'm managing. The only pain I have at this point is from the main incision, if I stand too long it causes a look of discomfort. Looking forward to this journey!!!!

Hi, I am also in Dallas and I am scheduled to have surgery on Thursday in Frisco. I have more than 100 pounds to lose and I am anxious to start this new phase of my life.

I hope you are feeling well and 13 days in getting back to your life. I look forward to reading your posts as you're just ahead of me on this.

Hi, i am vicki and i was banded the same day as you in Buffalo, NY, i had buyers remorse the first week and was starving from the time i woke up in the recovery room, that went away after the first week, i am still on liquids and they are starting to go down alot easier now. I still have an intense fear of a leak and feel like im about to have a nervouse breakdown, wish i were a little further out. like 8 weeks or something, but one day at a time, welcome and you can call on me anytime,...Vicki :)

Hi Vicki. Congratulations on your new sleeve. I have a hard time getting in all of my liquids as well. I just do the best I can and know I haven't yet got dehydrated because I go pee all the time. I am post-op two weeks yesterday am and really now am just getting some of my energy back. I am sorry you had so much trouble in the hospital. I only had to stay one night and was so ready to go home. Glad to meet you on here.

Meltingaway

Hi, I am also in Dallas and I am scheduled to have surgery on Thursday in Frisco. I have more than 100 pounds to lose and I am anxious to start this new phase of my life.

I hope you are feeling well and 13 days in getting back to your life. I look forward to reading your posts as you're just ahead of me on this.

Hi PlannerGirl. Good luck on Thursday. Don't get too anxious---I can say it was all worth it to me. I nearly backed out two days before I had mine done and I understand those jitters you may have. Eager to hear from you soon.

Hi, i am vicki and i was banded the same day as you in Buffalo, NY, i had buyers remorse the first week and was starving from the time i woke up in the recovery room, that went away after the first week, i am still on liquids and they are starting to go down alot easier now. I still have an intense fear of a leak and feel like im about to have a nervouse breakdown, wish i were a little further out. like 8 weeks or something, but one day at a time, welcome and you can call on me anytime,...Vicki :)

Hi Vicki S. How are you doing after two weeks? I am feeling better each day with more energy finally. When you say you were banded, do you mean you weren't sleeved but instead had the lapband done? As far as leaks, I have had two leak tests done since surgery---one in hospital 24 hours afterwards and then at my postop at 10 days out. No leaks!! You are right about one day at a time. Hang in there.

Hi Vicki S. How are you doing after two weeks? I am feeling better each day with more energy finally. When you say you were banded, do you mean you weren't sleeved but instead had the lapband done? As far as leaks, I have had two leak tests done since surgery---one in hospital 24 hours afterwards and then at my postop at 10 days out. No leaks!! You are right about one day at a time. Hang in there.

Oh Yes, sorry, i am band to sleeve and sometimes i mix it up lol....glad your doing well, i started some cream Soups yesterday and yogurt. I have only lost 10 lbs so far, getting a little stronger, how are you doing so far and what are u eating how much lost etc....glad to meet you and look forward to talking again.....:) vicki

I am scheduled for Dec. 22 so will be checking in on all of you for words of wisdom!! I also need to lose over 100 pounds. Wishing you all a speedy recovery! Good luck on Thursday PlannerGirl.

Renee

Congrats! I am having my surgery at Forest Park Medical Center on December 3rd. How was your experience there?

Congrats! I am having my surgery at Forest Park Medical Center on December 3rd. How was your experience there?

Hi HollyW,

It was a good experience. I hope you get Nancy as the head nurse. She is so good---very young but good. Everyone there is great. I had to be there at 3:30am on the morning of Nov. 1. I actually rolled in to surgery around 5:30. I was first for the day. I got to my real room after recovery at around 9:30 I believe. The rooms are great---very clean and new. I have been in a different hospital about two years ago for gall bladder and ovarian cyst surgery. The hospitals won't compare. Forest Park Medical Center is fairly small (they are expanding though), but the care you get is I think extraordinary. When you go for your pre-op testing and preadmission, they will give you a fairly thick book to read about gastric sleeve. I have referred to this and nearly worn out the pages. It will answer so many questions that you may have. I think it was written by all the surgeons who by the way own the hospital. I went home the night of the 2nd at around 7:00 pm. They were so nice and wanted to keep me another night because of my nausea I was having from the anesthesia and because my potassium was low. I was ready to go home if they allowed and they gave me extra prescriptions for these problems and I did fine. My husband was with me and he was ready so I felt like I could go home. I know that nowadays, most hospitals shoo you out as quick as they can. Not this one! Another thing they did is just yesterday (14 days out) I got a call from them checking on me and wanting to know if I had any questions.

If you have someone go with you there is a place they can stay. All rooms are private and they have a recliner and a full lenth couch. Usually the ones staying with you will sleep on the couch after the all the cushions are removed and hospital has pillows and blankets. In fact, the room kind of reminded me of a hotel room somewhat.

I wish you all the best and I'm here for you to talk to anytime. We will travel this journey together. Good luck.