Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What the heck is going on????

Hi Everyone,

I have a question that I really need help with.....I'm 4 months post-op and things have been going well until 2 weeks ago. During thanksgiving dinner, I ate some extremely dry, overcooked ham and one brussel sprout. Later that night I start having some discomfort in my tummy. this quickly progressed to the most unbearable pain that was twisting my stomach and causing searing pains that radiated everywhere but especially on my right side. The 10/10 pain lasted about an hour but I had abdominal tendereness for 2 days following. I ended up in emerg and, after an ultrasound, the dr. could only determine that it was from what i ate that night. Now, as of tonight, the same thing has happened to me again!!! and it was just as painful as before. this time I had gone out for dinner with my girlfriend and ate some chicken and a few nachos. Then, at the movies, I ate some popcorn. I know, I know people are probably thinking "popcorn!" but i've been eating popcorn since week 7 with no problems at all (with my dr.'s permission)!!!

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what is going on? and, if it was the popcorn, then why now? I feel like I tolerated more foods back in the early post-op days and i'm getting scared that something is wrong.

It sounds like it can be gall bladder pain. Did they do an ultrasound of your gall bladder in the ER?

Gall bladder pain is on the right side. I ignored mine because it always went away eventually, and I ended up with

pancreatitis and couldn't have my gall bladder out until that went away. I was in the hospital for 5 days, and if

I had just gone to have my gall bladder out, I could have had it out and gone home the next day.

Hi Everyone,

I have a question that I really need help with.....I'm 4 months post-op and things have been going well until 2 weeks ago. During thanksgiving dinner, I ate some extremely dry, overcooked ham and one brussel sprout. Later that night I start having some discomfort in my tummy. this quickly progressed to the most unbearable pain that was twisting my stomach and causing searing pains that radiated everywhere but especially on my right side. The 10/10 pain lasted about an hour but I had abdominal tendereness for 2 days following. I ended up in emerg and, after an ultrasound, the dr. could only determine that it was from what i ate that night. Now, as of tonight, the same thing has happened to me again!!! and it was just as painful as before. this time I had gone out for dinner with my girlfriend and ate some chicken and a few nachos. Then, at the movies, I ate some popcorn. I know, I know people are probably thinking "popcorn!" but i've been eating popcorn since week 7 with no problems at all (with my dr.'s permission)!!!

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what is going on? and, if it was the popcorn, then why now? I feel like I tolerated more foods back in the early post-op days and i'm getting scared that something is wrong.

Please keep us updated.

Deb

i wish it were gallbladder pain!!! but u/s rule that out! this morning i woke up feeling groggy and had a headache from narcotics (which is why i hate them) so i decided that i should eat something to prevent stomach rot. i scrambled some eggs and after 3 bites the excruciating pain returned. i've now taken more percocet (which it hasn't helped much) and i am waiting for my dad to pick me up and drive me to the hospital. will keep you all informed. very worried.

Ouch! I don't think ultrasound can rule out ALL gallbladder stones, by the way. I think you need to a) get endoscopy B) get your pancreatic lipase levels. Pancreatitis can result from stones (like Oregondaisy alluded to above) and pancreatitis will also present with pain in the upper abdominal region.

i wish it were gallbladder pain!!! but u/s rule that out! this morning i woke up feeling groggy and had a headache from narcotics (which is why i hate them) so i decided that i should eat something to prevent stomach rot. i scrambled some eggs and after 3 bites the excruciating pain returned. i've now taken more percocet (which it hasn't helped much) and i am waiting for my dad to pick me up and drive me to the hospital. will keep you all informed. very worried.

I have heard of strictures, where ur stomach binds together in the middle and consticts due to scar tissue I think. please let us know and god bless...

Glad you are headed to the hospital, I hope they can figure out what is going on. Please update us when you can...sending you good thoughts.

I, too, thought of gall bladder pain...it is excruciating!

Hope you feel better soon!

Glad you are headed to the hospital, I hope they can figure out what is going on. Please update us when you can...sending you good thoughts.

I, too, thought of gall bladder pain...it is excruciating!

Mommy, i'm trying to find some one sleeved not too far out like you, i was sleeved 12 days ago and i lost 9 lbs the first week, then gained three back and have lost one since, and i have stayed the same for several days, its hard to believe that the weight is not falling off since I'm not eating, just liquids which incl: v8, fruit juices and protien drinks. everyone one else i read about seems to lose so much the first couple weeks, how did you do and do you thing i am losing slow? thanks,vicki

PLEASE LET US KNOW WHAT THEY SAY!

I WILL SAY A PRAYER FOR YOU.

MS LISA

This is scary, and it worries me too! Please update us when you can, and feel better!!! Thinking good thoughts for you!

Hugs and prayers!

I say it's your gallbladder as well!! US is not always accurate. Request to have lipase/amylase bloodwork performed (this will show liver functions, which will be elevated if the gb is at fault). Also, you can request to have an ejection fraction test performed for the GB.

Keep your head up!!! The gallbladder is a miserable thing once it starts acting up. And, with today's insurance requirements, it almost has to be at the point of bursting before they want to do preventative surgery.