Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm a Cornhusker!

I live in Lincoln, Nebraska and have gone through all of the preliminary procedures for lap band surgery. I am just now waiting on insurance approval. I started my journey this past February and had a bad experience with a psychologist here in town who did not approve me for the surgery. My surgeon then sent me to a different one who was wonderful! Other than that, I have had no problems and I regularly attend pre-op and post-op support groups at a local hospital here in town. I am so excited, I can't wait! My surgeon is Dr. Benjamin Hung here in Lincoln. If there are any fellow Nebraskan's who have questions or just want someone to talk to about it, let me know, I am here for ya!

Billie:)

Hi Billie! It was exciting to see Cornhusker on the front page, I just had to check out the thread! I am origonally from South Sioux City, NE and had my surgery two years ago in Sioux City, IA. I lived in Lincoln for two years while going to school at Southeast. But now I am moving back to my hometown.

Good luck with surgery! It was the best thing I've ever done.

Cornhusker here - surgery is to be at 2pm today. Started researching wls over 10 years ago, never had insurance that would agree. New insurance and new proceedure and I was approved before I knew it. :clap2:

Looking forward to be a Banded Cornhusker. :hippie:

I live in Gretna and am happy to see other "Huskers" here. I am still waiting for insurance approval. Hope to find out soon.

I think Dr. Hung charges a total of around $16,000-$18,000 total for the entire surgery and then if you are self pay, you will also have to pay for your fills.

The lap band is reverseable if needed but what keeps the weight maintained is that there is a port implanted under your skin and you get waht they call a "fill" every so often like at first, 3-4 per year and then after that about only 1 per year and what it does is it cinhes up that band so that you feel fuller faster each time they fill it otherwise over time it would stretch out a little at a time.

Has anyone considered having the surgery in Mexico. I am considering it since I am self-pay and its half the price. I'm trying to check it out and make sure it is safe.

There are quite a few people here who have gone to Mexico and would do it again in a heart beat. There are also a lot of thread on just that.

I too, live in Lincoln and may have seen you at the pre-op meeting if you were there on May 1st? I just had a neck fusion which delayed my banding until May 21, a week from today! Yeehaw!

Dr. Taddecci is doing my surgery, Dr. Hung's partner. I've heard very good things about them both.

I live in Lincoln, Nebraska and have gone through all of the preliminary procedures for lap band surgery. I am just now waiting on insurance approval. I started my journey this past February and had a bad experience with a psychologist here in town who did not approve me for the surgery. My surgeon then sent me to a different one who was wonderful! Other than that, I have had no problems and I regularly attend pre-op and post-op support groups at a local hospital here in town. I am so excited, I can't wait! My surgeon is Dr. Benjamin Hung here in Lincoln. If there are any fellow Nebraskan's who have questions or just want someone to talk to about it, let me know, I am here for ya!

Billie:)

Currently Dr. Taddeucci's fees are $4550 and Ne Surgery Center $9950. I will be dismissed the same day of surgery, so I'm sure Insurance is more due to the overnight stay.

If you're a self pay there are options, loans etc. I was surprised on the amount of money I've spent over the last 5 years on weight loss adventures so you might be surprised.

My Health Insurance does not cover Bariatric, period. So self-pay was my only option.

Good luck!

I think Dr. Hung charges a total of around $16,000-$18,000 total for the entire surgery and then if you are self pay, you will also have to pay for your fills.

Make sure you research the Mexico options as when I did the total cost air fare for two people, hotel , hospital fees, Dr. fees etc. It was close to $12,500 and I just felt more comfortable with my hometown options and not having to travel. BUt sitting on the beach recovering sounds pretty nice too.

Has anyone considered having the surgery in Mexico. I am considering it since I am self-pay and its half the price. I'm trying to check it out and make sure it is safe.

Hi! I went to the weight loss seminar with Dr. Huang in February. At the time it was going to cost $15,000.00 self pay with him. I decided that was too much so am going to go to Dr. Aceves in Mexico. My surgery is scheduled for this Friday the 23rd of May. The surgery and all fees will be 7900.00. The flight for myself and my daughter is $1000.00 ( I waited too long to book). At the time of the seminar Dr Huang said he would do fills for Mexican bandsters for 250.00 each. Even if I get lots of fills I will still save money. I figure the fills I can save up for as needed where the surgery is one lump some. I think I will try and call his office again to see if he will still do fills. I am getting really excited and looking so forward to losing weight. I am so tired of feeling like s...t.