Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

70 lbs and 10 years lost!

I have reached a major goal and have to share. The scale read 169 lbs yesterday. My surgery was on April 13, amost 8 months ago. That's 71 lbs LOST!!!!! I feel younger and even sexy, now! (Sexy as a grandmother CAN feel!) I'm wearing size 14/16; used to wear 3x. Yeah, I have some saggy skin, but it's not that bad. It seems to be getting tighter and I'm sure exercise helps.

My health has been great. I was one of the lucky ones with no real problems with the gastric sleeve surgery. I feel more confident and love being able to shop for clothes that still look like they'd NEVER fit me...but DO! My mental image of myself has not caught up with my new body size. I'm still amazed when I catch my reflection in a mirror, or feel my rib or hip bones! I'm physically able to do work as hard as I did 15 years ago. My lower back hasn't gone out since surgery, I'm off my CPAP machine, and I sleep better at night.

I do happy dances all the time now! I'm within 30 lbs of being at a weight that I think will be ideal for me. 30 lbs!!!!!! That seems like child's play to lose now! And I know I can keep it off. The greatest benefit for me has been the utter lack of hunger pangs. I do have to deal with "appetite", but I put effort into curbing that and try to exercise to counter the bad calories I do eat.

Anyway, fellow sleevers, LIFE IS GOOD!

Awesome! Great JOB! You will be at your goal in no time! I'll do a happy dance for you too!

Congratulations to you! You must feel like a million bucks!

You go Breezy!!! I'm so HAPPY FOR YOU and can't wait to join you in the 60's :) sister sleeve!

Hooray!! :D That is so awesome -- and wearing nice clothes and best of all feeling sexy! Gosh I don't even know what that feels like!! Congratulations! :)

I just love reading success stories like yours! I remember many many years ago (and I really MEAN many years ago. . .LOL!) I had gone froma 16 to a 10 and I would go shopping and still take size 16s into the dressing room and then feel like an idiot for grabbing the wrong sizes. Weird how our brains have to catch up to our bodies!

Congratulations on your successes and your new life!

That is just so terrific. Its posts like yours that keep me inspired. I want to be where you are and where you are headed. Keep on keepin' on!

Incredible!!! Congrats to you, and especially thank you for sharing your success with us... love it!!! :-)

I enjoyed reading your post. I had my surgery 2 months ago, and have gone down 2 size in clothes, and am excited about that. Reading your post makes that more excited to be where you are now. Congrats, and keep up the good work.

Thank you one and all for your replies, congratulations and cheerleading!!!!! We are sharing a road to a better life and I'm grateful to have found this forum.

It's funny that the fact that I'm "prettier" now is not the most important part of my weight loss. It's cool when guys give me the "eye" when I'm out in public, but I always remember that I've found the perfect man, my hubby, and I wouldn't trade him for anyone on earth .... not even George Clooney! The health benefit is the best part, second only to my increased self-confidence. Those closest to me say that I'm happier now, too.

I wish I would have been able to do this when I was in my 20's! But better late than never.

Thank you one and all for your replies, congratulations and cheerleading!!!!! We are sharing a road to a better life and I'm grateful to have found this forum.

It's funny that the fact that I'm "prettier" now is not the most important part of my weight loss. It's cool when guys give me the "eye" when I'm out in public, but I always remember that I've found the perfect man, my hubby, and I wouldn't trade him for anyone on earth .... not even George Clooney! The health benefit is the best part, second only to my increased self-confidence. Those closest to me say that I'm happier now, too.

I wish I would have been able to do this when I was in my 20's! But better late than never.

Hi Breezy, you are doing amazing!!! I haven't been on lately, have been enjoying those grands. I seem to be holding steady with a 65 lb loss but I'm in a size 12 and hubby says I look great. I am so glad I had the sleeve! Hope you keep doing your happy dances..hugs!