Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Surgery on Nov -2-2010 Far better than i expected !!!!!!

Hello ... Well were do i start. My name is Sahsa and i had vsg surgery on Nov/2/10. Honestly all went just fine THANK GOD....Right after surgery when i was brought back to my room i was able to go to the rest room by my self with out help form anyone, made me have an ok moment with myself saying wow far better than i expected . I only had some discomfort far as pain went that fist night was the only night i had to use the pain pump . i was able to walk two rounds around the nurses station. the only problem i had that night was i could not sleep at all because i'm use to sleeping on my stomache and could not do it to save my life lol. The very next day i could have went home but because my doc had originally said Thurs my husband took some extra hours at work on Wed and we lived an hour away from the hospital so i stayed an extra day. So i got home on Thurs and relax all day just some gas pains sip sip sip sip all day . Oh able to sleep on my stomache on Wed night so i got some good sleep from Wed on .... OK Fri woke up and decide i need to go to the bank got up got dressed and went to the bank and and to the grocery store to buy a few things ......feeling a little tired when i got home and know i needed to sit my a%^ down and dont push it . I can tell anyone wanting to have vsg surgery it's only the unknown that gives you fear but if u trust in God he will take care of the rest because your only doing it for your best...

Thank you Sahsa,

I am so glad that you are doing so well. I am putting all my faith in God because otherwise I would worry myself into a tail spin. I trust that He will see me through this process and use all things to glorify Him. Blessings to you on your recovery and success on your journey.

Annette

Hello ... Well were do i start. My name is Sahsa and i had vsg surgery on Nov/2/10. Honestly all went just fine THANK GOD....Right after surgery when i was brought back to my room i was able to go to the rest room by my self with out help form anyone, made me have an ok moment with myself saying wow far better than i expected . I only had some discomfort far as pain went that fist night was the only night i had to use the pain pump . i was able to walk two rounds around the nurses station. the only problem i had that night was i could not sleep at all because i'm use to sleeping on my stomache and could not do it to save my life lol. The very next day i could have went home but because my doc had originally said Thurs my husband took some extra hours at work on Wed and we lived an hour away from the hospital so i stayed an extra day. So i got home on Thurs and relax all day just some gas pains sip sip sip sip all day . Oh able to sleep on my stomache on Wed night so i got some good sleep from Wed on .... OK Fri woke up and decide i need to go to the bank got up got dressed and went to the bank and and to the grocery store to buy a few things ......feeling a little tired when i got home and know i needed to sit my a%^ down and dont push it . I can tell anyone wanting to have vsg surgery it's only the unknown that gives you fear but if u trust in God he will take care of the rest because your only doing it for your best...

Hi Sacha, I'm Angela joining you from the UK.

Glad you're home and feeling so well. My surgery is due Dec 7th. I'm also a stomach sleeper and was pleased to hear that you managed it so soon after your surgery.

I had a knee op a couple of years ago and wakened up on my stomach in my hospital bed the evening of the surgery, my body just natually migrated to that position while I was asleep from the anaestethtic. I couldn't turn over onto my back because it was sooooo painful and I had to have 2 nurses help me to roll over again ! I may have to ask them to tie me down to the bed to stop it happening this time LOL !!!

Can't wait to join you on the loosers bench

Best wishes Angela

I am glad everything went well for you! I agree with you it really is not as bad as I thought it would be I had surgery on Oct 21st and I am also a stomach sleeper and was on my stomack 3 nights later.

Thanks i will keep posting on my new embark on life so far so good it's mental as well as physical...

Congratulations, Sasha, your story is very inspriing to me. It is so scary to read all of these horrible stories about endless vomiting and horrible pain and "buyer's remorse," it is very reassuring to know that the surgery can sometimes go well, and that everything will be OK.

I can tell anyone wanting to have vsg surgery it's only the unknown that gives you fear but if u trust in God he will take care of the rest because your only doing it for your best...

Wow good for you...I didn't feel better til day 14. Congrats!

Congrats with your early success. I too was sleeved on 11/02 and am doing okay. My pain is slowly diminishing but my exhaustion is not. I'm just tired all the time.

Best of luck to you!

I am so glad you are doing well. I wish you lots of success!