Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Over 60 and having the sleeve

I will be out 7 years in April. I am still thrilled with it. I have gained a little bit of weight back because I can't seem to keep sweets out of my mouth. I lost it before and gained it back because I had 3 back surgeries last year.

It's easier to diet when I gain weight back because I'm never really hungry. I just like to eat junk when everyone else is, and of course, that causes weight gain.

Surgery is 2/22 - I am 63 and doing this alone... Any suggestions?

Sent from my iPad using BariatricPal

Keep posting. People on this board can be your support system.

You are not alone ,we are here for you. I was sleeved on 1/11/2016 .The first two weeks I was very tired but "duh" I just had major surgery and it was important to take it easy so I could heal. 5 weeks post op and I feel great. I don't have a scale so I'm weighed whenI go to the doctor. Since the pre-op liquid diet 12/28/2015 I've lost 49 lbs. I'm glad the scale is going in the right direction!

Keep posting. People on this board can be your support system.
You are not alone, we are here with you.

How You Doing 60's plus!

For those who have had their sleeves a while, how are things with you? Any regrets? What has life been like for you? I am expected to have my sleeve done in April 2016.

How You Doing 60's plus!

For those who have had their sleeves a while, how are things with you? Any regrets? What has life been like for you? I am expected to have my sleeve done in April 2016.

How You Doing 60's plus!

@ Redvet, Im excited too. I'm hoping to have mine the third week in May.

I lost, gained it back because I had 3 back surgeries last year

@@Oregondaisy

i didn't realize you are almost 7 years PO!!! that's amazing!!

didn't realize you were that OLD!!! LOL

or should i say YOUNG???

fluctuating 100+ lbs back and forth

sounds like you get back to GOAL often

or if you stay up a few lbs that's ok too

GOAL is just a #

sweets are sooooo hard for me too

some OP have said they no longer desire sweets/bread PO

wish that was me on both counts!!

7 years, still "gracing" the board!!!

you are terrific

hope you see some improvement in your damnnn back sooner than later!!!

good luck bud

keep up the great work

i know you will

feel better :rolleyes:

good luck

kathy

Thanks Kathy! This board is my home. I will never leave. There are interesting people here, and I still need support. Being single at 63 and not wanting to spend my life alone, it's nice to be able to come here and read what everyone else is going through, now that they have lost the weight. I like the new where venus and mars collide forum. there are many of us trying to date at this age. It's depressing.

Well, I saw my scheduler today. My surgery will be scheduled for June. I have to start over at least for 3 months per my insurance. Please pray for me b/c I'm known to get cold feet right before surgery.

I've been lurking around and very, very occasionally posting so why did I miss the over sixties group! Everyone seems to be so young here, I couldn't believe I was alone, well here you all are and it's lovely to meet you. I'm 67, that's my calendar age but really it's rubbish. I feel more like 50 or so. After some gentle encouragement from my GP, I have type 2 diabetes and high blood pressure, I went to see the surgeon about 16 months ago with the intention of having a band. However I had to increase my health care cover and wait for 12 months before I could go ahead. To cut a very long story short, I'm scheduled for 16th May but decided to have the sleeve instead after reading some negative feedback about the band. I'm scared but excited at the same time. I want a new, healthier me going forward.

I've been lurking around and very, very occasionally posting so why did I miss the over sixties group! Everyone seems to be so young here, I couldn't believe I was alone, well here you all are and it's lovely to meet you. I'm 67, that's my calendar age but really it's rubbish. I feel more like 50 or so. After some gentle encouragement from my GP, I have type 2 diabetes and high blood pressure, I went to see the surgeon about 16 months ago with the intention of having a band. However I had to increase my health care cover and wait for 12 months before I could go ahead. To cut a very long story short, I'm scheduled for 16th May but decided to have the sleeve instead after reading some negative feedback about the band. I'm scared but excited at the same time. I want a new, healthier me going forward.

Carolyn,

I am 69 and had my surgery 3/28/16. Not seeing a lot of us older girls out there.

Sent from my QMV7A using the BariatricPal App

Cathy48,

I had sleeve surgery 12/30/15..... right before my 64th birthday. I have sleep apnea and chronic high blood pressure due to my weight. The sleeve was the smartest decision I've ever made and should have done it a lot sooner. I wasted many years being so overweight and damaging my health. Good luck with your surgery......I'm sure you will have no regrets. I honestly do feel like a have a "new lease on life"!! :)

I had surgery 12/30 - down 64 lbs - just reached one-der-land. Woo-hoo!! I turn 60 in June. I thought I was too old. Now I am getting a tattoo for my first 50 off!!