Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Alright guys, where is everybody at?

Hey guys Im 9 months out and have lost just over 120pounds, best thing I have ever done for myself, go through good and bad times, but the good out weighs (pardon the pun) the bad completely, you do go through a grieving process for food, and what you were like before at times, frustration, like breaking all bad habits, and now I wonder how food held me hostage for so long, as it has completely become a case of eat to live, not live to eat. I havent told alot of people about my surgery only close family and friends, that can be the hardest part at times, Im not sure what it is like where you guys are, but here so much social interaction is revolved around food, for example this week I recently started a new job, and as a getting to know each other exercise they had a bbq, and being a male people expect you to eat alot, so you figure out ways of distraction to get out of eating which is really foreign concept.

Just remember during the hard times, in the long wrong it will be the best thing you have done, I now have that much energy, living life the way it was ment to be lived.... also save some $$$ you need to replace clothes quite regularly :P

Eric, the reason why I chose the sleeve over bypass is because I've read that there people who go with the bypass regain a lot of their weight back. With the sleeve, I'm told that it really is a more restrictive "stomach" and is much harder to stretch out, further solidifying good eating habits. Also, I was terribly afraid of dumping syndrome with the bypass and I didn't want to be in a position where I'm in front of my clients and suddenly, I have to excuse myself to go puke or go to the toilet. I'm almost a month in with my sleeve and I couldn't be happier.

Hey guys, got my date. Dec 21, Jumped through all the hoops and got a date in about a week. Now just have to have pre op testing and one more follow up and its under the blade. Good luck

been off here a little while but I'm back... met with the bariatric coordinator today... meeting with Dr. Rapp tomorrow in Aiken, SC... December 29th is D-Day... wasnt too happy to hear about a Foley cath and drain but I guess that's part of the journey... Ill be reading a ton on here from now on...

Hey guys, got my date. Dec 21, Jumped through all the hoops and got a date in about a week. Now just have to have pre op testing and one more follow up and its under the blade. Good luck

Happy Solstice to you!

I researched carefully and didn't want absorbtion problems with bypass. Aso, hunger is a big issue for me and sleeve seemed better for that. Bypass people more prone to terrible pains from stretching surgical site after losing fat in the omentum which is inside the abdomen. NO FOLEY CATH FOR ME!

I researched carefully and didn't want absorbtion problems with bypass. Aso, hunger is a big issue for me and sleeve seemed better for that. Bypass people more prone to terrible pains from stretching surgical site after losing fat in the omentum which is inside the abdomen. NO FOLEY CATH FOR ME!

I have my done wensday in mexico im real nervous but im in fayetteville nc i just got home about 20 mins ago from myrtle beach sc had to meet a real estate agent so i might be moving your way pretty soon.

Wow, didn't know there was a man room. I'm in.

Surgery 2/9/11

Was 5'7" 355 lbs. Now 344lbs and on the two week pre-surgery diet.

GBMC and Dr. Moen in Towson MD are doing the deed.

Ahhhhh a Man Cave....sweet!

I'm looking to become less than half the man I've been. Had you ever met me, I'm likely the largest person you would have ever known.

Age 39 (YOB:1971)

Height 5'10"

Weight at initial consultation with my family Dr. 496lbs

Weight at initial meeting with surgeon 484lbs

Weight after 2 week pre-op diet/ day of surgery (1-10-11) 456lbs

Weight at 2 week post-op check-up 430lbs

This is going to be a life changing experience.

I've been extremely fortunate in that I've had no difficulties or negative experiences thus far. God willing it will continue in the same manor.

Good for you guys! You'll hear this all the time, and I believe it to be always true, the sleeve has changed my life. When my five year old wants to run into daycare, almost four months after my surgery, I can jog along side him and not get winded. In fact, and this blows me away because of post-surgery fitness levels, I can talk to him while I jog. Talk about a cool feeling. I believe I can speak for everyone here when I say this, keep us updated with your progress. Good luck!

All right man talk doing the deed 3-24-11 Dr Ramos Kelly T J Mexico old age caught up with me 54 years old and 400+ still looking for bigger scale. Trying to shrink the old liver now. Too fat for the shovel head got to get er done

'Big A' - it will be the best choice of you ever made. I was in your position a month ago and it is the best choice I made.