Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any December Sleevers?

Good luck to everyone this coming week!!

Love the little poem you posted on your signature! We are both Dec. 20th sleevers. Can you believe our time is almost here?:lol:

Thanks. I found it. And, was like AW! I love it!

Whoohoo for December 20th!

I can't. I thought I was pre occupied BEFORE. Oh my gosh. It's far worse. All I can think about is surgery.

Like, what to do before surgery? What will I need? What do I need to do?? LOL

Wow, sounds tough but you'll make it through!

I will also be starting a 2 week liquid diet, its not mandatory but I want to lose a few more pounds and make sure my liver is in good shape. Right now Im starting to prepare what I need, looking around for different types of Protein and basically gathering the different foods I know I will need. Good luck with your surgery!!

It's funny how all these doctors want different things. Although Pacific doctors don't require liquid diet I am starting on a 2 week liquid as well. My date is Dec 30 at 12 to be exact. But as a nurse I know the importance of a clean system before surgery and i want to be clean and clear.. Good luck with your liquids and your sleeve date. I will be coming as your going...

In my prayers

My surgery is Monday as well. I finally got called late Friday with my surgery time...1:20!!! I was hoping for first thing in the morning. Now I have all morning to worry and be anxious! I also have been cleaning all weekend! I guess I am trying to get things prepared for when I come home. My boyfriend is also very supportive. I just wanted a really clean place so that he doesn't have to clean and take care of me. Good luck tomorrow!!!! Next thing you know we will be sleeved!!!

Good luck to you too. I am the first case. I have to report at 5:15. Your day is a little longer, but it will get there.

Tomorrow is my day!!!! I am so excited!!! Going home today to finish with the clothes and then to tidy up in the house!!

Tomorrow is my day!!!! I am so excited!!! Going home today to finish with the clothes and then to tidy up in the house!!

Me too!!! Best of luck, Kathy if I don't touch base with you before then!

Thanks. I found it. And, was like AW! I love it!

Whoohoo for December 20th!

I can't. I thought I was pre occupied BEFORE. Oh my gosh. It's far worse. All I can think about is surgery.

Like, what to do before surgery? What will I need? What do I need to do?? LOL

yes, I have created a to do list?. what to take to the hospital list?. grocery list? I still have 16 more days but it still seems like forever. Ive gained some weight since my sept weigh in at the Pacific and Im concerned. They sent my paperwork and it said if you gain weight your surgery will be cancelled.. Im freaking right now , need to start my liquid diet asap to get these 8lbs off... December 30 here I come...

yes, I have created a to do list?. what to take to the hospital list?. grocery list? I still have 16 more days but it still seems like forever. Ive gained some weight since my sept weigh in at the Pacific and Im concerned. They sent my paperwork and it said if you gain weight your surgery will be cancelled.. Im freaking right now , need to start my liquid diet asap to get these 8lbs off... December 30 here I come...

You can do it! I lost 10 lbs on the pre-op diet!!!

Well, add another person to the December 20th list!

I'm set and ready to go....well, not really, but I'm in grad school and just pre-occupied with finishing my work for the semester. I'll be done with everything by this Thursday. That gives me a couple of days to whirl around in circles trying to get ready. I've got my home made chicken broth simmering on the stove and smelling really wonderful. I've purchased my Protein powders online (still have 4 flavors en route as I type), I went for the nutritionist meeting yesterday.

All I have to do is straighten my room a bit and drop off Christmas gifts (in case I'm feeling a bit tuckered ). Otherwise, all is well with me and I'm ready to go. I'm excited and ready for this change. I spent most of my first 54 years overweight and it's gotten harder to deal with as I've gotten a little more mileage on me. I definitely won't wait until I have type 2 diabetes to get that fire lit under me. I have every intention of getting myself together and by that I mean to get my energy, health, and head back in the right place.

Can't wait to get on this ride! And I hope to keep coming back here again and again for the foreseeable future. Thanks in advance to everyone that posts, reads, or even lurks here!

PJF

Hi Tiffnie- I too am scheduled for December 27th but my surgery will be in Georgia. I wish you luck! Please stay in touch so we can talk about our experiences!

Cyndi

Hi!

My surgery is Dec. 27 in San Diego. It still seems a ways away but I know the time will fly. What are you doing to prepare for surgery, as far as stocking up on foods, Vitamins, Protein Shakes, etc?

December 29th here.... Self Memorial / Greenwood SC

It's funny how all these doctors want different things. Although Pacific doctors don't require liquid diet I am starting on a 2 week liquid as well. My date is Dec 30 at 12 to be exact. But as a nurse I know the importance of a clean system before surgery and i want to be clean and clear.. Good luck with your liquids and your sleeve date. I will be coming as your going...

In my prayers

AHHHH

We are getting so close!!

So I did start a semi liquid diet, but I am also going though finals for my last semester of nursing school AND NCLEX review, and decided to keep my sanity for a bit longer and just go low carb and low fat. I am getting the Protein Shakes in for Breakfast, then I keep it to Soups for lunch and dinner, but not straight liquid mostly veggies and meat/fish. So I think I am in a bit of denial about how close the surgery really is. I know I need to get everything ready as far as foods for after surgery but I havent yet. Also, regarding Vitamins, what are you taking for post op? I think Im going to go with the Centrum chewables, but what about the calcuim, B vitamins, etc? Are those ok in pill form?

Oh happy day!! Almost there :)