Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January 2011 that's so far away

Okay so I received my surgery date today of January 17th. I know this year is almost over but I am more concerned about gaining weight. I placed myself on the cancellation list just in case someone changes their mind before the year is up. It's not like I am in a rush to go under the knife but I just really, really don't want to gain back the 38lbs that I have lost thus far. I know that I have made life style changes and I have to stick to them , but we all know the yo-yo of weight loss and weight gain. I was so hoping for something sooner just so I won't fail and gain weight and the doctor tells me that I haven't learned a thing since I gain all the weight back..... It's a bittersweet feeling right now So frustrated...

I can understand the frustration ... once you make a life changing decision, you want to change your life. It's great that you are on the cancellation list. Until then, use this forum. Post your frustrations, temptations, etc ... we will help you through.

Best of luck!

I hear you on waiting. Im scheduled for Feb 2011 but that is because that is my only time I can get off work for an extended period of time. All I know is the anticipation is sometimes overwhelming.

Lily

I am scheduled for Jan 18th. I have to stay the same for that time. I can't lose more or gain... for the first time in my life I need to stay the same! Pretty funny. The time will fly by and we will be there getting the surgery and starting a new part of life. You can do it. Just write everything you eat down and think about the future.

Hey NewMe2Bee,

I understand how you feel!

Having to keep your weight under control until surgery--what a pain...

This is what I've been doing and maybe it will help you.

Numer 1 - I weigh myself every morning - 7 days a week. I record it as well...It keeps me accountable and keeps me focus...

Number 2 - 99% of the time I am moving. My exercise program starts at 7 am. And from that point I am doing something: bike ride, swimming, house work, yard work, etc. It doesn't matter what I do as long as I keep moving.

Number 3 - WE CAN DO THIS! Postive thoughts.

Like Drew Carey said, "Junk food is not a reward, it's a punishment "

I am with you ringing in the New Year and new lifestyle! I will be sleeved on Jan 6th - just a little ahead of you.

I had to wait for the new year for tax purposes and to use my Flexible Spending Account from work. Oh well.. it took me years to gain this weight I guess its going to hang around just a little longer than I wanted. Those pounds are going to be shed in 2011!

Stay focused and healthy and prepare your body for the change now. Start taking Vitamins, Biotin (hair) and perhaps journal your thoughts and goals for next year!

Best wishes and blessings!

Kim

I am hoping for Jan 2011 too. I will hopefully get my approval this week. I am waiting till 2011 so I can use my FSA to pay my deductible and the 20%. It will be here before we know it. I am also trying not to lose or gain. My bmi is right at 40. I don't want to risk getting denied because I dropped below. We have made the decision and we have something to be hopeful of now. For the first time in a long time I am excited.

Looks like the January sleevers group is forming up!

Jan. 17th is an awesome date!!! (It happens to be my birthday :) )

I understand how you feel, I've been waiting 6 months to be sleeved, and at first I was SO READY to do this (back in Apr.) but I have truly used the wait time to embrace my jouney and do lots of soul-searching. I didn't have to lose weight to qualify (per my surgeon OR my insurance) so I feel for those of you who have to *prove* something to the dr. or the insurance, by committing to losing weight and keeping it off until your surgery date. That has to be really, really hard, and getting through the holidays without gaining, I don't think I've ever done that. I always gain even if it is only a little bit. Can you work on just maintaining what you have lost until your surgery or are there requirements that you must meet? Remember this surgeon is here to help you, a good bariatric surgeon has a full understanding of the pressures we face as obese people, and should not be yelling at you for a yo-yo on this diet. Remember, diets don't work for us, we have tried that and been there and this is why we are choosing surgery over going it *alone*.

I guess I would just focus so much on what a great head-start you are getting by losing weight now instead of after surgery, it will probably help a ton with lose skin, etc. if you are able to maintain what you have lost before surgery. Remember too there will be less fat, etc. that your surgeon has to wade through to get in there and do his/her job.

If you don't get in before then, at least know you have a great date picked out! Hang in there!

Hello everyone. I am new to the site

My surgery day is 01/25/2010. I am trying to add my ticker. How do I do this? Also how soon sould i book my flight?

post-4583-13813655939359_thumb.png

Jan. 17th is an awesome date!!! (It happens to be my birthday :) )

I understand how you feel, I've been waiting 6 months to be sleeved, and at first I was SO READY to do this (back in Apr.) but I have truly used the wait time to embrace my jouney and do lots of soul-searching. I didn't have to lose weight to qualify (per my surgeon OR my insurance) so I feel for those of you who have to *prove* something to the dr. or the insurance, by committing to losing weight and keeping it off until your surgery date. That has to be really, really hard, and getting through the holidays without gaining, I don't think I've ever done that. I always gain even if it is only a little bit. Can you work on just maintaining what you have lost until your surgery or are there requirements that you must meet? Remember this surgeon is here to help you, a good bariatric surgeon has a full understanding of the pressures we face as obese people, and should not be yelling at you for a yo-yo on this diet. Remember, diets don't work for us, we have tried that and been there and this is why we are choosing surgery over going it *alone*.

I guess I would just focus so much on what a great head-start you are getting by losing weight now instead of after surgery, it will probably help a ton with lose skin, etc. if you are able to maintain what you have lost before surgery. Remember too there will be less fat, etc. that your surgeon has to wade through to get in there and do his/her job.

If you don't get in before then, at least know you have a great date picked out! Hang in there!

thank you so much for the support from you and everyone here. As I stated it is a bitter sweet, it really hasn't hit me yet but Im working on it. Happy Birthday/Sleeve day is what I will be celebrating for you and for me. I don't think my surgeon will turn me down. He didn't seem to be that strict, I am probably being more strict on myself trying to prove to myself that I can move forward. I am not that concerned with the holidays, Im not a turkey girl anyway and after a plate of the sides on thanksgiving , I usually am satisfied no left overs for me. I usually go out to family and don't even cook at my house so I don't have to eat it over and over again. So I will watch what I eat, continue with my exercise regimen, dont drink to much for the holidays and get my mind, body and soul ready for the transformation that is to come. I will keep you posted. congratulations on your weight loss as well.

Hello everyone. I am new to the site

My surgery day is 01/25/2010. I am trying to add my ticker. How do I do this? Also how soon sould i book my flight?

congratulations on your new year date, I don't know how to add the ticker. I don't have one either. I think you should book your flight as soon as possible to try to get the best prices before the holidays raise the prices. where are you getting your surgery done?

I am hoping for Jan 2011 too. I will hopefully get my approval this week. I am waiting till 2011 so I can use my FSA to pay my deductible and the 20%. It will be here before we know it. I am also trying not to lose or gain. My bmi is right at 40. I don't want to risk getting denied because I dropped below. We have made the decision and we have something to be hopeful of now. For the first time in a long time I am excited.

I hope that you get your New Year's wish as well. You have everything in place , just stay focused and the the time will be here before you know it.

I am with you ringing in the New Year and new lifestyle! I will be sleeved on Jan 6th - just a little ahead of you.

I had to wait for the new year for tax purposes and to use my Flexible Spending Account from work. Oh well.. it took me years to gain this weight I guess its going to hang around just a little longer than I wanted. Those pounds are going to be shed in 2011!

Stay focused and healthy and prepare your body for the change now. Start taking Vitamins, Biotin (hair) and perhaps journal your thoughts and goals for next year!

Best wishes and blessings!

Kim

I hear you Kim and I am not complaining, the process is over and the date if made. I just thought because I started this process back in April that I would at least get date before the new year is up so the weight would least likely to return. But I will stay focused and put the worries behind me. I have been taking the Biotin for a couple of months now . I was truly surprised how cheap they were at Sam's Club , I know where I will go from here on out. I even have my 3 daughters taking one each day along with our Vitamins, this helps to keep mommy on track daily. I still haven't explain it to them just yet but I did tell them I have to get my gall bladder removed. They are 12,10,8 and I know they will understand, I just don't know how to say it. Really I just don't want them to worry about mommy..... thank you for all your support and blessings for the future and your sleeve date and new body.

Hey NewMe2Bee,

I understand how you feel!

Having to keep your weight under control until surgery--what a pain...

This is what I've been doing and maybe it will help you.

Numer 1 - I weigh myself every morning - 7 days a week. I record it as well...It keeps me accountable and keeps me focus...

Number 2 - 99% of the time I am moving. My exercise program starts at 7 am. And from that point I am doing something: bike ride, swimming, house work, yard work, etc. It doesn't matter what I do as long as I keep moving.

Number 3 - WE CAN DO THIS! Postive thoughts.

Like Drew Carey said, "Junk food is not a reward, it's a punishment "

thanks for the tips , I will take all the positive thoughts that are given to me and move forward. Drew Carey did really well with his weight loss and he looks great.