Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

3 pounds below goal!

So i made it past goal (150 now I'm 147)so that put me down for a 176 pounds in 13 months not too shabby i say. sorry guys not really liking the new layout of site too busy for me (for those who have adhd you understand) when i get the ambition i will figure out how to put my new pics up. but anyway it been a wild ride thus far and to think this new year eve (if i;m bless to see it) it wont be about weight lol. i had a aunt that died 7 weeks ago that just broke my heart she never got a chance to see me thin again and i never got a chance to show her my ring and worst of all to say i love you, goodbye, and i sorry for not calling and thanks for loving me rasing me, ect,,,(for those who don't know i got engaged on august 23 my aunt died august 31) she was only 58. three weeks before she died she told my mother for me to call her and i have no excuse for not doing it the week i was going to call her (she died of a aneursym (sp) this is my first death ever (this women raised me for eight years. she was the first parent i ever had my parents had me young and they had to find themselves i guess) ironically i allowed myself to feel everything i didn't stuff my feelings this time and i shared how i felt with the other family members. anyway to make a long story short my mother and i are closer then we every been i check on everybody now. i have forgiven and ive ask for forgiveness as well to those ive might or have done wrong i forgot how much my family loves me. i know death is real but i mean for me it was like a reality check or something maybe those who remember their first experience w/death know how i feel maybe?????? i don't know. anyway on the upside i stand up for myself now ( of course it always ladyllike lol). i met a lot of new friends and i get out the house every chance i get! i have grown SO much as a person I've truly learn and have empathy for people and it has help me with a lot with my anger towards things and people. somethings i learn the weight did not fix my problems that i use to blame my weight on those are inner things Im still working on. i enjoy my meetings with my therapist and i love my OA meetings. but i love life and i think i get life now it not suppose to be perfect it just life and i can accept that. accept is another word i use a lot now lol because when you can do that you made the first step towards a lot of things to change. so ladies and gent this is what my weight-loss journey has done for me yes it great to be slim but i feel more emotional mended and it make me feel a lot better period of who i am and i don't compare or beat myself up anymore about my so call flaws. I'm a gypsy at heart and that OK! also thank you guys for your love and support as well! :lol: sorry for the long post by the way. :P

So sorry to hear about your aunt~!!! BUT, I want to Celebrate you for the fact that instead of turning to food, you turned to family and friends. That says so much. I know you haven't posted your newest pics, but I looked at the most recent ones you did post and you look amazing. I had seen your post about your toned arms before (so jealous!!) but was also thoroughly impressed to see your workout clothes picture from 160 lbs and how tight your abs look as well. HOW DID YOU DO IT? Hahaha. I sure hope I can do that, I have severely flabby arms, just huge compared to other people my size, and nothing I'm doing seems to be helping.

I can't believe how amazingly successful you have been... you are truly an inspiration. Thank you for sharing your update.

Congratulations on your new life. The personal growth is wonderful to see, and your new body is quite an acomplishment! Please post again sometime, its nice to hear from those who have gone past the losing phase and onto just plane life.

I'm so sorry for your loss...I'm so happy you reached and passed your goal, that is AMAZING! Thanks for the inspiration :)

So i made it past goal (150 now I'm 147)so that put me down for a 176 pounds in 13 months not too shabby i say. sorry guys not really liking the new layout of site too busy for me (for those who have adhd you understand) when i get the ambition i will figure out how to put my new pics up. but anyway it been a wild ride thus far and to think this new year eve (if i;m bless to see it) it wont be about weight lol. i had a aunt that died 7 weeks ago that just broke my heart she never got a chance to see me thin again and i never got a chance to show her my ring and worst of all to say i love you, goodbye, and i sorry for not calling and thanks for loving me rasing me, ect,,,(for those who don't know i got engaged on august 23 my aunt died august 31) she was only 58. three weeks before she died she told my mother for me to call her and i have no excuse for not doing it the week i was going to call her (she died of a aneursym (sp) this is my first death ever (this women raised me for eight years. she was the first parent i ever had my parents had me young and they had to find themselves i guess) ironically i allowed myself to feel everything i didn't stuff my feelings this time and i shared how i felt with the other family members. anyway to make a long story short my mother and i are closer then we every been i check on everybody now. i have forgiven and ive ask for forgiveness as well to those ive might or have done wrong i forgot how much my family loves me. i know death is real but i mean for me it was like a reality check or something maybe those who remember their first experience w/death know how i feel maybe?????? i don't know. anyway on the upside i stand up for myself now ( of course it always ladyllike lol). i met a lot of new friends and i get out the house every chance i get! i have grown SO much as a person I've truly learn and have empathy for people and it has help me with a lot with my anger towards things and people. somethings i learn the weight did not fix my problems that i use to blame my weight on those are inner things Im still working on. i enjoy my meetings with my therapist and i love my OA meetings. but i love life and i think i get life now it not suppose to be perfect it just life and i can accept that. accept is another word i use a lot now lol because when you can do that you made the first step towards a lot of things to change. so ladies and gent this is what my weight-loss journey has done for me yes it great to be slim but i feel more emotional mended and it make me feel a lot better period of who i am and i don't compare or beat myself up anymore about my so call flaws. I'm a gypsy at heart and that OK! also thank you guys for your love and support as well! :lol: sorry for the long post by the way. :P

How did you do it ryansgirl? what was daily regimen to lose and your daily regimen to maintain? I have about the same amount of weight to lose as you have and I honestly keep wondering if it is truly possible. But after reading from you that it is it gives me hope. I look forward to hearing about this journey. I will also check some of your previous post, I am sure someone else has asked the same question.

I am so sorry for the loss of your aunt. So many times, the lessons that we receive from the things that we experience are the basis for our future growth and truly do make us all the better. After experiencing so many close losses myself now, I no longer hold back what I want and need to tell people . . . mostly those three little words that none of us use enough *I love you*. My hardest lesson was learned when a good friend who was dying asked me to come down on a Wednesday and I didn't think I could take off work so told her I would come on Saturday. She died on Friday and I never was able to tell her all the things I wanted to say or be there to comfort her as she lay dying. I've held on to that lesson ever since and it helps to guide me through my life.

You journey is nothing short of amazing and you continue to be such an inspiration to all of the rest of us!

Keep up the amazing work!

Oh, and please share how you got such incredible arms!

You are simply amazing. The weight loss is great but I'm talking about your personal growth. I don't know if you are a religious person but I believe God had an ultimate plan in your life concerning your aunt and the reconciliation of you and your family. You had already dealth with issues concerning your body and it sounds like whether you knew it or not you needed to mend issues concerning your heart and re-establishing a relationship with your mother and other family members. You are truly an inspiration. Thank you for being so open and honest. I wish you and your family lots of love, happiness and tons of blessings!! Congratulations on your engagement.

God bless you,

Niki

i am so sorry for the lost of your aunt but what i will say to you is God looks at the heart your heart was with her even if you were not able to get there to see her. i have only been a part of this site a short amount of time but i will say your journey and little that i know about it has been so encouraging. i seen your transformation and that tells me this is possible it happened for her so it can happen for me. you were around the same size i am now 321 and wearing a size 22w. when i look at you i say she was me and i can definitely be the present her LOL! you look absolutely great (great arms by the way.) you did and excellant job with the tool that was given to you and i planned to do the same thing once i'm sleeved. congrats on your engagement and God Bless you on the new journeys of your life.

thickinphilly

Ryansgirl, I'm so so so sorry to hear about your loss. I have gone through these rough times before as well and it can be hurtful to us in more ways than just one.

However, congratulations to you for losing all your excess weight and especially for learning to deal with your loss in a most positive way rather than most of our old way of eating it out of our system.

Hugs!!

thanks guys so much! yes it was a lot of hard work the only key i really know that work is to stay persistent i had alot of people who told me i should be glad to make it 170 but that is not what i had wanted. exercise is very much so part of my life. don't forget fitness is a journey too who know next maybe i train to climb a moutain :blink: well it a thought. point is look at this as your golden shot. personally i don't eat beef, chicken or turkey anymore just seafood and veggies. sadly im addict to splenda and i'm trying really hard to get rid of it (but i really like) ive find new hobbies. there life outside the kitchen. i've taken up Adult ballet and i find it fun and to be a great workout for the body as well. also my taste buds have done a 360 as well things i use to love before just are not for me anymore result of the surgery? i don't know maybe maybe not. my mind has be though so much rewiring i can't really tell lol. at my weight i was really regretting getting the sleeve in my early start because after the first 80 maybe it seem like the sleeve wasn't enough but then i realize regradless of what i had i had to do the work. do i worry about it streching no. i always wonder why people do considering no one can make you eat a whole cake and it not really magical like i thought before i had surgery. it an awesome tool and im glad i chose the sleeve but it will always be up to me how it will end. so i have no magic in a bottle just a clean diet and plenty of exercise that i had to make part of my life and i never make excuses for myself, to quit. really it does became second nature after a while.

WOW!!! I'm SO GLAD you shared your story with us! I'm SO PROUD OF YOU!! I'm so SORRY to hear about your Aunt. Death is very hard to deal with but FAMILY will help you! KEEP up the GREAT WORK and keep us posted! I haven't been sleeved yet but WAITING and READING as much as I can about it! I want to be MENTALLY ready! YOU GAVE me HOPE that I can tone my arms but it will take WORK!!! THANKS!