Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am a little dissapointed

I called Pacific Bariatric today to follow up on scheduling my date. I was informed that my chart was still sitting on my surgeon desk waiting to be signed off. The surgeon has been out for the past week. They also informed me that the longer it sits there , the longer it will be for my surgery, he is due to return tomorrow. Anyway, after holding on for 30 minutes and then finding out my chart still isn't signed off after a month they hit me with the hardest hit. I asked so are you still booking for November and December , they said no it's all booked up were now booking for2011- January. I was like whooo... So I have been done since end of July and chose Pacific Bariatric thinking it would be a shorter wait time then Kaiser which at the time the options nurse said Kaiser was 5-6 months at West LA and 8 months at South Bay or whatever other one that does the bariatric procedures and Pacific was 4-6 weeks of course I wanted it to happen sooner than later. But I truly feel like I have been duped. Was Kaiser just pumping PB up so that all of us would opt of waiting for Kaiser. I could have stayed within the local area instead of trying to figure out who's going to take me 3 hours away and who's going to stay, take off work to stay with me and then take me home upon discharge. I am a little disappointed. I truly thought that this was going to go a lot smoother , a lot quicker. But at the end of the day , I have to get over it and continue to work on me and the changes I am making right now. It's nothing I can do to change it, so I have to let it be. But for today I am disappointed.

That all sounds very frustrating ! ! ! Ask them to put you on the cancellation list, call every couple of weeks to see if there are any changes in the scheduling ! ! !

Hang in there, you'll get your sleeve ! ! !

I feel for you. I am finishing my OPTIONS class on November 2nd and was told by the nurses that to expect a consultation date in 3 -4 months, then at least 2 months wait time afterwards for surgery date. I enquired about PB and was told that they are very backed up with Kaiser patients and to simply wait for Kaiser South Bay for surgery. South Bay is expecting a new surgeon, Dr Mun by mid December this year, so the surgeries are suppose to speed up considerably.

I would keep calling PB, every few days ... in the early AM and late in the PM for cancellations. Call the surgeon's office and MAKE SURE they know that they know you've been waiting over a month for his signature. At this point, I don't know if it would be worth it to go back to Kaiser South Bay.

I am with u on this one.....I have been told by many people from Kaiser from other locations that they got to chose where they go....I had my appt to get my labs and start my referral and we filled out 2 referalls...One for Pacific and one for Crown...they informed us we do not chose...Kaiser does....Crown only does the bypass for Kaiser and if the surgeon agrees u are better off having the sleeve they refer you to Pacific....what a crock of crap that is....so if I get org sent to crown it will just delay it 4 or so months to get back to Pacific!! why do some locations get to chose where they go and others (mine all I know of) choses for u? I agree the wait time at Pacific is overwhelming...I called about 1 month ago and it was 1-1/2 months out and now they are scheduling January...so by the time I figure I get mine if im sent there in the first place will be March/April

Ps finished my options class September 28th in Corona finished all my labs Oct 15th....waiting for authorization which she said takes about 4 weeks!!

I feel for you. I am finishing my OPTIONS class on November 2nd and was told by the nurses that to expect a consultation date in 3 -4 months, then at least 2 months wait time afterwards for surgery date. I enquired about PB and was told that they are very backed up with Kaiser patients and to simply wait for Kaiser South Bay for surgery. South Bay is expecting a new surgeon, Dr Mun by mid December this year, so the surgeries are suppose to speed up considerably.

I would keep calling PB, every few days ... in the early AM and late in the PM for cancellations. Call the surgeon's office and MAKE SURE they know that they know you've been waiting over a month for his signature. At this point, I don't know if it would be worth it to go back to Kaiser South Bay.

I am with u on this one.....I have been told by many people from Kaiser from other locations that they got to chose where they go....I had my appt to get my labs and start my referral and we filled out 2 referalls...One for Pacific and one for Crown...they informed us we do not chose...Kaiser does....Crown only does the bypass for Kaiser and if the surgeon agrees u are better off having the sleeve they refer you to Pacific....what a crock of crap that is....so if I get org sent to crown it will just delay it 4 or so months to get back to Pacific!! why do some locations get to chose where they go and others (mine all I know of) choses for u? I agree the wait time at Pacific is overwhelming...I called about 1 month ago and it was 1-1/2 months out and now they are scheduling January...so by the time I figure I get mine if im sent there in the first place will be March/April

Ps finished my options class September 28th in Corona finished all my labs Oct 15th....waiting for authorization which she said takes about 4 weeks!!

I am not sure why the kaisers are functioning in different ways. I really don't think they prepared themselves for the 12wk change and the overwhelming number of people that would be going through these classes. My bellflower location allowed us to choose between them and Pacific. I haven't even heard of crown. It takes time but it will all come together. they push all these Kaiser patients to Pacific and they weren't prepared either. We just all want to be safe and get the surgeries with success.

Best wishes to you