Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

After you have had the sleeve how many pounds a month did you lose, I am trying to understand how many pounds should be lost with the sleeve surgery, my wife is getting the surgery and she is 430 pounds.

I haven't had my surgery yet but I have noticed from reading other posts, those with a lower BMI seem to lose weight a little slower than those with a higher BMI (this is just my observation it's not a medical fact). Also, when I attended a bariatric seminar and the surgeon spoke about the sleeve, he said the average patient loses between 60 - 80 pounds in the first 3 months, however this isn't always the case but it is the majority (his words not mine).

All the best to your wife,

Niki

future, seeing as she is a heavier starter likely she'll lose a lot in the beginning. As far as averages from what I've seen it is about 10-15 Lbs lost per month. However that's just my personal observation. Everyone is different!

Every BODY is so diffferent, there's no way to know for sure. My personal experience has been... Month 1, 37 lbs ... Month 2, 13 lbs.... Month 3, 16 lbs....Month 4, 15 lbs..... Month 5 to be determined but only 6 so far with a week to go.. So it's slowing down, but don't know if it's temporary.

I started at 310 lbs at 5'5", my BMI was nearly 52. Higher weights/BMI's will drop more quickly on average, but not always.

The statistic is that on AVERAGE, a person will lost 60-70% of their excess weight in the first year with this surgery. That's excess, not overall body weight. So for example I was 310 lbs and my goal is 160 lbs which means I would be hoping to lose 150 lbs - 150 lbs is my excess weight. So, 60-70% of 150 excess lbs would be 90-105lbs lost in the first year. Well, I'm at less than 5 months and have lost 86 lbs so I can certainly hope I'm going to beat the average in my first year... perhaps because I'm a bit heavier than some. Not sure.

Averages are just that though, and there's no way to know for sure the rate at which your wife will lose. I wouldn't be surprised if she could lose 150 or more in the first year, starting out at 430.

I'm three weeks post surgery today. I've lost 32 lbs so far so that is about 11% of my weight on the day of my surgery.

Wow! Thats amaizing! Congraturlations on your fantastic loss. How has it been for you so far?

with the surgeries being refined in the last couple of years with the smaller sizes, in general I would hope to lose 90-100% within the first year but everyone is different.

MO LOSS INCHES

1---- 21.2---- 18 3/4

2 ----12.4----13

3 ----14.6----12 1/4

4-----7.8-----10 3/4

I'm out 6 months now....have lost a total of 103 lbs as of today, but started out at 365. Now, the loss is about 12 lbs a month since month 4. That's great with me, cuz the hanging skin and hair loss was getting real bad. I figure by this time next year I will be at goal of 160.

Best of luck to you....and just let your body and the surgery do it's own thing.

My Dr. indicated that sleevers lose on the average 10 pounds a month. That being said....those at lower BMIs tend to lose a little more slowly than those at higher BMI. I have averaged about 11 per month so far so I guess I am in the game.

Starting with a BMI of 49.6, I lost 34.4 lbs. the first month, 8.4 lbs. the second month, and 9.6 in the first three weeks of the third month. The second month was the worst in terms of stalls, but it's picked up here this third month, thankfully.

This is what my loss has looked like so far.

Month 1 - 20lbs

Month 2 - 14lbs

Month3 - 10 lbs

Month 4 - 9 lbs

Month 5 - 14 lbs (but not really...cause that was a fake weight on that day...hmph. In other words, that number 201 showed on the scale 6 times that morning...I got off and on and off and on 6 different times because I couldn't believe it but it showed 201 every time so I recorded it. BUT the next day it was 208 and it's been coming down from that ever since. This morning it was 202. BAH!) Bottom line is my loss for the 5th month was probably in reality more like only 6 lbs.