Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

borderline repulsed by food!?

So, today and part of yesterday I have been almost repulsed by food... im still in my clear liquid phase until tomorrow and i had made up some Jello last night for the next day and when i pulled it out to eat i had a small bite and was repulsed, I looked at the broth that i had put aside for the day and was repulsed. I was able to manage to have some broth at lunch and brought the rest home (went to a restaurant with mom) and now its around dinner time.. AND im repulsed by heating it up and eating it!!! what the heck! today is officially one week since my surgery... anyone else feeling like this?

I am on phase 2 of diet and yes I am having a hard time eating. It just does not look good. I am having sensitivity to smells as well.

So, today and part of yesterday I have been almost repulsed by food... im still in my clear liquid phase until tomorrow and i had made up some Jello last night for the next day and when i pulled it out to eat i had a small bite and was repulsed, I looked at the broth that i had put aside for the day and was repulsed. I was able to manage to have some broth at lunch and brought the rest home (went to a restaurant with mom) and now its around dinner time.. AND im repulsed by heating it up and eating it!!! what the heck! today is officially one week since my surgery... anyone else feeling like this?

Oh my gosh, I feel exactly the same way! I tried Jello, took two bites, and threw it away. The only thing I'm not repulsed by so far are the popsicles. I'm nearing the end of my second week....well, actually, I'm confused about that. My surgery was on the 27th of September and so I counted that whole week as week 1 Clear liquids, and then this past Monday, I started week 2. Is that even right? When I visited my doctor on Tuesday, he said it was okay to move to mushies. Anyways, I'm getting off topic.

A lot of food is not sitting well with me. Mashed potatoes, cream of potato Soup, yogurt, cottage cheese, applesauce, grits. None of those are okay with me right now. So far, I've been drinking tea and eating crackers because those are the only things that don't upset my stomach. I keep trying to remind myself that it hasn't even been a full two weeks and to give it time, but I'm hungry. Waaahhh.

I dont know if it is fortunate or unfortunate that it gets better lol. By week 4-6 food is much more appealing...now at 8 weeks I am eating pretty much everything and sometimes all I want to do is throw a much but I get full really fast. By the time I get full the need to throw a munch is satiated however sometimes I wish I was one of those people who has no appetite. :rolleyes:

Early on especially in the creamy liquid phase food was horrible. The only thing I wanted was popsicles and tea. When I got to food it was better but had a horrible time getting enough Protein in early on. I still have a hard time with it. I had rather eat bread, and tomatoes. I am just repelled by the idea of eating things i should eat at times.

But most days it is much better.

Corliss

I'm joining the club.. have a lot of these same feelings. Thank GOD it gets better! I'm going to hold you to that!! I feel like I'll never enjoy eating again! I'm happier with an empty stomach, because at least then I don't feel nauseous.

I have to close my eyes during food commercials! YUK--I never noticed how many there were..pictures of food too are everywhere. I am 4 days out and 10 lbs down. Broth and applesauce just started. Found out the pudding is too thick. We will see how food looks in a few weeks!

Oh girl... super normal! I didn't even want to *think* about food for the first few weeks out. I didn't even have any kind of appetite until pretty recently actually. In fact, I still couldn't really care less if I ate or not. I only recently started to feel a tiny hollow feeling if I wait too long between meals, so naturally I eat.

Don't worry... I know I did because it wasn't what I expected at all. Very weird for me, because I was even the type to munchie down when I had the flu!!! LOL

Omgosh been there done that! I could not stand food...I'm 6 weeks out and everything is finally getting back to normal :)

I can't wait to finally be out of this beginning stage!!! Tomorrow is 3 weeks from surgery. It's normal that I still sorta feel YUK right?

For me, this phase never ended. It does for most people, however, so do your best to get through it. Keep trying to find the things you can tolerate, and don't be suprised when those things change daily. I didn't start hitting the low end of my calorie goal until more than two weeks out. Just try to get some Protein in, and make sure you don't get dehydrated.

The one big fear I had when I opted for the sleeve was that I wouldn't lose my hunger, but boy is it ever gone. I'm nearly three months out and I STILL have to force myself to eat. I much prefer to simply drink my meals but I have to force myself to do even that, and I try to make myself eat at least a little "real" food each day. Be careful what you wish for, I guess!

Best of luck to you. I hope by now you're feeling a little better.

~Cheri