Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sizzilng September Sleevers Monday Check In

Hey Meredith -- glad to have you join us!! You're already in onderland, congratulations!! Diva and I weigh in on Wednesdays (the day of my surgery), so you should see posts from us then :)

Well, I gained 2 pounds. I don't know how (did everything I was supposed to), didn't cheat, DID exercise, drank all my Water, ate well. sigh. But you know what?? I'm not that upset (pissed at the bod, to be sure) but heck, I KNOW THAT IF I CONTINUE DOING WHAT I'M SUPPOSED TO DO, MY BODY WILL RESPOND. So there, body. Go ahead, gain weight in the short term -- because you know what?? I will win in the long-term. ha! :)

Good morning fellow Septembarians... LOL Um yeah... :P

@ Cherice, Rock ON!!!! Wow you are losing amazing stats every single week, especially for you being so close to goal!!! I hope that as time goes on and I'm getting better at doing what I know is best for my BOD I can keep up with ya!!! You're going to hit goal very soon - and we'll all be here to help you CELEBRATE!!!

@ Meri, Welcome!!! I love to check in with all the folks who were sleeved around the same time as me. It really keeps me motivated, and hopefully it will do the same for you. Good luck!!! :)

@ Julia, please don't worry about the scale. I'm very positive it's only Water. If you're doing the right things it can't be anything else. Maybe try bumping up your Water intake? I've gone up to 100 oz per day on the days I do my workouts. I also drink lots of water during my workouts too. I want all those poofed out fat cells to go right down the tubes!!! LOL!!! Hugs - I know you'll post a very good week next week - you are amazing at what you do!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well for myself - I seem to lose really good right after weigh day but stall out for a few days until Wednesday. What kind of justice is that??? LOL :lol: No matter I'll take it. I'm also going to make sure I'm not weighing in more than twice per week again. I really try to follow this rule - but as I was approaching some really huge milestones I found myself getting a little bit obsessive with it. So, back under the bed the scale goes. Tataaa!!

This week I am down to 226 Lbs - and officially official, I weigh less than I ever did with my Lap Band. LG!!! That's 9 Lbs in 2 weeks... yay!!!

Last Week: 229.8

Lost from Last Week: -3.8

Lost from Surgery Day: -46

Lost from Pre Op Diet: -55

Lost from Highest Ever: -104

Pounds until my BIG GOAL: 72

I have a new Mini Goal in place!! That will be a fun one. My husband said he's going to let me pass him up (Yayyy!!!) then he's gonna get on the ball. He said he has to keep up with his young, fit Wife... Heee!!

Good luck for next week all!!! I'm going to work hard and do my best to continue seeing a worthy loss every week. :)

Welcome Meri!

Irene that was a great loss that week!

Julie, I'm glad you are staying positive. Overall your loss has been really high. You have definitely lost more than me.

I am doing pretty good. Feeling better with my new meds. I still really struggle with getting Protein in. I have never been a meat eater and in general have always been on a low protein/high carb diet. I now eat as much salad and fruit as I can (versus the french fries and pizza I preferred before surgery), but still don't like the Protein sources. How much are you guys getting in?

Cherice

Here are my stats:

HW 248

SW 230

Last week-169.9

This Week-166.9

Lost this week-3

Thanks everyone for welcoming me in!

Cherice 3lbs., that's awesome! I usually get in about 60-70g of Protein. But I don't mind eating meats, it's the carbs that I love & need to stay away from!

Looking forward to seeing everyone else's stats. Here are mine

SW 240

CW 180

Last wk 181.2

This wk 180

That's a loss of 1.2. Not what I wouldv'e wanted, but I'll take it. I did manage to walk/jog 4 times this week, which is better than nothing like I was doing before. And I also did a little lifting with some weights too. I'm ready to join a gym & really workout, but it will have to wait til my baby gets better. He's sick and there's no way I'd be able to leave him in childcare right now. Hope everyone has a great wk!

Hi guys! Had a good week -- lost 3 lbs after having gained 2 -- so a net loss of 1! :)

Cherice -- I get in all my Protein -- I like fish a lot and it tends to have the most Protein (more usually than meat) -- so I eat a lot of fish. And then I eat a lot of meat. I have an advantage in that I'm living in one of the biggest meat/beef producing countries -- everything is beef here! I actually prefer it to chicken -- chicken is so dry and hard to chew for me. I also throw in a handful of nuts now and then when I'm bored with my protein selection -- oh and cheese!! I love love love cheese. I don't really worry about my fat consumption at all, so I kinda eat it all. I'm shooting for around 60 - 80 grams of protein a day. I usually make it (some days not, but most days).

Meriteri -- good job on the loss -- gotta take what we get, right? I will take any loss no matter how small! :)

Have a great week everyone!

Yeah...you guys are getting way more Protein than me. I am probably closer to 30-40 grams a day. I am just not a meat eater (unless it is in the form of a cheese burger, which is now out of the questions :rolleyes:) and I don't like tofu. But, this is nothing new. I didn't eat a lot of Protein before surgery either.

Here are my stats this week:

HW 248

SW 230

Last week-166.9

This Week-165

Lost this week-1.9

Hello Sizzling Sept. Sleevers;

Wonderful reading about everyone's victories, challenges and determination. Amazing women (and men) here on VST.

I am almost at my personal goal less than 5 months out. Followed my doctors/NUT guidelines and watched how others on VST & how they mixed things up to beat a stall. Slow and steady loss the last several weeks. So excited about how I feel - emotionally and physically. Sleeve has given me the chance to win the ugly weight gain cycle of lose a few, gain more back. Soon to join maintenance group. I say this with full faith - I have no regrets even as a self pay in US. A lot of money spent but I saved myself from medical issues, poor eating choices, lack of energy, self loathing and more. This forum gave me courage to step out and make sleeve work.

Encourage you to keep sharing, newbies and "old timers" like me pour over your posts. Thanks!

Hey all! Hope all is well. I've been having a great time getting much more active than I have in YEARS!! I've been playing about 2 hours of golf a day (well, only 6 days this past week, but still). I have come home just exhausted, but soooo happy!! :D This was one of the things I really really wanted to do -- to be able to play golf, tennis, whatever and not be so obese that I couldn't enjoy myself. The plus side is that I'm playing something while exercising -- I love that!

Anyway, I lost about 2.4 pounds this week -- I was 216 last week and 213.6 this week. Not bad.

I'm still undereating -- I just don't have much appetite and don't really feel hunger -- so I still have myself on a clock to eat. It's not a bad thing, but it probably keeps me from losing more weight. I just forget to eat. But Water is great (I love it) and of course, exercise is great :)

Cherice Good loss this week! Keep up the great work! I was thinking about your Protein and what about cheese? I eat a lot of mozzarella (it's low fat and good protein) -- and quinoa which is a grain with lots of Protein -- it tastes really good. :)

iegal!! wow, can't believe you're soooo close! HOORAY!!! :D Keep us updated -- it's so exciting when one of us Sept. sleevers gets to goal!! :D

Hey everyone, congrats on your losses! That is really great, as always! :)

I lost .6 Lbs this week, so it's something. I'm coming on the better weeks of loss for me historically speaking so hopefully I can drop em big time.

I've been working on my 5K, 5 times per week and eating really good so the weight has no where to go but *away*.

See you all next time...

Happy Monday!

Julie, I totally undestand about not really wanting to eat. I sometimes have to force myself and it's odd because I am hungry, but I just don't want to eat. I actually have been adding a string cheese or two in every day. I just really started doing that in the last week or so. I've never heard of quinoa, but I looked it up. Do you eat it like rice? It also looks like it can be a Breakfast Cereal. It looks interesting. Thanks for the tip! Congrats on your big loss this week :D

HW 248

SW 230

Last week-165

This Week-162.4

Lost this week-2.6

Hey Cherise, wow you just amaze me!! You're very constant which is great lucky you. Congrats on another fine week. :)

Myself, I've lost 3.6 Lbs from last week. I'm THIS close to breaking into the teens!! Yay!!!

:-) Well, see you all next week.

We are just speedy loser here, aren't we?? :)

Congrats Cherice on the 2.6!! that's very awesome, nice steady weight to lose -- wish I could do it every time (hate that one week every month where I gain!)

Irene you get the biggest loser award this week!! :D 3.6 lbs is incredible -- keep it up, girl!!

I am at 210.4 today -- loss of 3.2 (not quite the loser Diva is ;) ) -- but I'm happy -- almost into the single digits! :)

Wow..you guys both had big losses last week. That is great. I have been really consistent. I keep telling myself the gravy train is going to slow down soon, but so far, so good. I feel like I can't really keep this up as I get closer to goal, but I'll take what I can get. Headed out today for 5 days in snowy Lake Tahoe with another family. A little worried about the food thing. They know about surgery, but in the past there has been a lot of junk food. Issues came up as we were meal planning and I think we worked through it, but I feel like a party pooper because I can't eat crap (if that makes sense). It should be intersting. In general, I have avoided eating around others since surgery. I'll not be able to escape this week.

HW 248

SW 230

Last week-162.4

This Week-160.1

Lost this week-2.3