Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am 7.5 lbs from my doctors goal and I'll continue to lose another 5 - 7 lbs. My question is how do I stop losing and maintain? I've asked Tiffikins because she's the expert around here, but I thought maybe others would have some idea about adding in some more healthy calories. Right now my Protein is great, all food.....55 - 70 grams per day. Calories are low, 500 - 700. I am never hungry, I do get an "empty" feeling though. More food is not really an option I don't think....I don't have room. Thanks!

I am 7.5 lbs from my doctors goal and I'll continue to lose another 5 - 7 lbs. My question is how do I stop losing and maintain? I've asked Tiffikins because she's the expert around here, but I thought maybe others would have some idea about adding in some more healthy calories. Right now my Protein is great, all food.....55 - 70 grams per day. Calories are low, 500 - 700. I am never hungry, I do get an "empty" feeling though. More food is not really an option I don't think....I don't have room. Thanks!

I eat a few almonds or walnuts in between meals. There are some 100 calorie packs of cocoa dusted almonds

that are really good. They are not very filling. they make a great snack. To stop losing , you need to add back

healthy fats such as avocados, and nuts . I also just love muscle milk light and it does not fill me up . It's just

extra Protein and Calcium, for about 150 calories. Another thing I do is add a little bit of Fiber One Cereal in

my yogurt. I need the Fiber.< /p>

I've been off this site for months, but had a personal message from someone and logged back in today. I myself lost 7 lbs over Thanksgiving and haven't put any back on yet. And I don't need to lose any more! I eat all the sweets I can get in, drink wine when I want, eat nuts all the time, don't miss any carbs, etc. I have a relative in California who's on medical marijuana and she suggested I try it to increase my appetite. As I'm in TX and it's not legal here I deferred. But I never in a million years thought I'd have this problem!

Crazy, a lot of us have the concern of how to stop losing when getting near goal. Your caloric intake is really low. When visiting your surgeon for follow up, is he/she aware of your low calorie intake? What is your NUTs response? No healthy diet consists of calories this low for a long period.

Listen hon, to need VSG you probably are an expert at dieting and are acutley aware of what to eat and what not to eat. Now use that knowledge for healthy calorie choices. I know how hard it is to eat. Now you eat for your health, not because hunger demands food. Pick up new habits and learn to eat according to schedule, whether body "wants" it or not. Plan meals and Snacks...sound familar? At 7AM you eat XXXX, at 9:30AM you drink an additional healthy Protein shake, at 12PM you eat XXXX, at dinner your eat XXX, and as an evening snack you drink/eat XXXX.

Dairy is where I chose to add calories. Good protien source and high in the right kinds of fats. I nibble on cheese and a cracker or two. Add a Protein Shake for a snack being mindful of high sugar content. Add sour cream on top of ground turkey along with some guacamole to improvise a naked taco or burrito. What is your vice? Indulge every now and then.

The beauty of the sleeve is you have to ADD calories! What a dream; I love my sleeve.

I am 7.5 lbs from my doctors goal and I'll continue to lose another 5 - 7 lbs. My question is how do I stop losing and maintain? I've asked Tiffikins because she's the expert around here' date=' but I thought maybe others would have some idea about adding in some more healthy calories. Right now my Protein is great, all food.....55 - 70 grams per day. Calories are low, 500 - 700. I am never hungry, I do get an "empty" feeling though. More food is not really an option I don't think....I don't have room. Thanks![/quote']

Hmm yeah losing the weight is only half the battle

I can only hope for this issue lol im very close to my goal though. But it's harder for me to lose. If I stay on track and don't eat any carbs I lose .5lbs a day but the one day that I do eat carbs (popcorn, nuts, chips, etc) I don't gain however but I don't lose either. Funny how we all have a different struggle lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using VST

I just think now...everyone is saying I am thin...but in all honesty I could lose more. So are you in a healthy weight range? Could you lose more and be ok? I never not ate what I wanted. In moderation you can have anything. I think your stomach naturally expands, but if you need to add more a WASA cracker with Peanut Butter is yummy. I love me some peanut butter! I don't know ya'all's height and weight so it is hard to say.

Im having the same issue. Im having trouble stopping my loss. My doctor says to slow down and quickly. I no longer even look healthy. But eating too much makes me feel awful and im honestly not hungry.

Seems like a great problem to have, but its not. I've gone from a size 18-20 to a 1-2 in 7 months. Time to get serious about in taking some calories before I waste away. Never thought I'd have this problem.

Im having the same issue. Im having trouble stopping my loss. My doctor says to slow down and quickly. I no longer even look healthy. But eating too much makes me feel awful and im honestly not hungry.

Seems like a great problem to have, but its not. I've gone from a size 18-20 to a 1-2 in 7 months. Time to get serious about in taking some calories before I waste away. Never thought I'd have this problem.

my nut says that our bodies find its natural set point. i would say that is incredibly low amount of calories per day. i am highly doubtful a nut would support that for this extended period of time. i maintain weight of 130 for the past 18 months. i eat prob 1800 per day and keep weight within 4 lb range.

I eat no more then 800 calories a day. I also want to stop losing weight but I do not want to eat more! I'm hoping my body just decides its at a good weight and stops.

Add 100 calories a day, a week at a time, until your weight stabilizes. that worked for me

Edited by renogirl

I eat no more then 800 calories a day. I also want to stop losing weight but I do not want to eat more! I'm hoping my body just decides its at a good weight and stops.

This ^^^ is one of the stupidest things I have ever read on this board.

Good grief.

It's really hard to maintain people. Eating makes me sick and I can't deal with the fear of gaining or the feeling of having food in my stomach. I also have a stricture going on. My weight is rapidly falling past the healthy stage.

Maintaining is a huge mind fuck and anyone who doesn't know this just hasn't gotten there yet!!