Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Tried some chili.. waiting to see how my stomach feels!

You're all absolutely right. I have pushed it and have been very lucky not to have hurt myself. I wanted to be honest - so I was. I couldn't take the liquid anymore - couldn't gag it down. I started eating to get calories in. I was more afraid of crashing into hypoglycemia than busting my guts.

I am able to drink the Protein this week. Not so bad now... so am doing it again.

You're all absolutely right. I have pushed it and have been very lucky not to have hurt myself. I wanted to be honest - so I was. I couldn't take the liquid anymore - couldn't gag it down. I started eating to get calories in. I was more afraid of crashing into hypoglycemia than busting my guts.

I am able to drink the Protein this week. Not so bad now... so am doing it again.

Oh, I am so glad! Please take care of yourself. If you start feeling like you need more sustenance then my advice would be to contact your surgeon or nutritionist. We are all in this together, and we ALL struggle... believe me!

I personally have some fatigue issues. Even the more I'm eating I still feel this way. I'm hoping it will go away soon, I have so many things to get done and can't seem to find the strength to really do anything.

Good luck!

gena, your post had me worried too!!!! Take care of yourself girl!!

juicy mouse... have you tried anything new lately? I had some cheese last night and did great with it. I bought the helluva good colby-jack (wish they had it in lowfat, but they didn't and it was the regular!!!) but I love it! Just a few pieces. Today I am trying some pineapple.. one of the little fruit cups type thing, you send in a kids' lunch box. I am chewing like crazy. lol!

Jordien, I have been eating all kinds of cheese for over a week now. Except american cheese - don't like the stats on that! And cheese sticks have been a lifesaver while I have been out. Last night I made scrambled eggs and sausage for the old man. He made the toast and asked me if I wanted some! He has no clue. I put my eggs on laughing cow cheese so it got nice and melty. And I ate most of a small sausage patty and it tasted so good! I stopped counting how many times I chewed each bite after 40. Last week I had tuna with mayo but didn't put the relish in. I have been putting relish in for years and discovered I like it better without. I used to put hard boiled eggs and celery in it too but my husband doesn't like it that way so I had to stop. Last week I blended some leftover pork tenderloin in chicken stock. It wasn't a puree but had very small pieces. It was a lot better than I thought it would be. I get to go to my granddaughter's birthday party tonight and watch everyone eat pizza, cake and ice cream. I plan to bring my nectar fuzzy navel and hope they have some iced tea I can put it in!

And before I get jumped on for leading innocents astray, let me reiterate, I AM following my doctors orders and have done nothing to compromise the integrity of my sleeve!

LOL! I think she was talking to gena, not you!

You gave me some great ideas, thanks!! ANd I can am going to have my string cheese again! yes! Finally an easier way to get Protein. And hey... I ordered that nectar in the Roadside Lemonade flavor.. it's due to arrive today! Do you like it?

Enjoy watching people eat pizza and cake! oy vey....

I have the nectar caribbean cooler, blue sky, fuzzy navel and Cappuccino and love them all. I just couldn't do the chocolate anymore (shocking thought for a chocoholic!) and was looking for something new. I bought the cooler one at my doctor's office and liked it so much I got the other three flavors. Now i want the rest! I was putting the cappuccino in my coffee but i guess it was too hot yesterday and it lumped and clumped and was AWFUL! I had to pour it out. Being of depression era parents, that was a hard thing to do without feeling horribly guilty! Not to mention, I didn't get my coffee fix. Sheesh.

I have some sprays I bought from sinfully delicious in apple pie, key lime pie, strawberry shortcake and chocolate truffle that i plan to bring with me tonight. It has made watching my husband eat chips, Cookies, donuts, ice cream, pizza and fried chicken a lot more bearable. Watching the junk he puts in his mouth makes me sick now where as before, I would be right there with him. At least I have him eating whole grain and low fat when I cook now. And he actually likes the non fat milk (with his froot loops, of course)

Oh, and I keep forgetting to mention with the chili, the only problem I had was planning a motorcycle ride to the middle of nowhere the next day. No need for extra Fiber that day!! :o

LOL! I think she was talking to gena, not you!

You gave me some great ideas, thanks!! ANd I can am going to have my string cheese again! yes! Finally an easier way to get Protein. And hey... I ordered that nectar in the Roadside Lemonade flavor.. it's due to arrive today! Do you like it?

Enjoy watching people eat pizza and cake! oy vey....

LOL! Um yes, I was... :huh: I was not looking to upset anyone, but what I said needed to be addressed plain and simple. I don't want anyone to think that steak a week out from surgery is a good idea, because it's not. But anyway it's been resolved and we can now all move on.

Anyway FJM I think you're doing fine...

So about eating (yay!!), yes the string cheese is such a life saver! I think it does go down a little slow for me but not anything so much that I won't eat it. I can't believe on Friday I will already be one full month out from surgery!

Last night I had some Wonton Soup... OMG it was soooo good. The noodles were nice and soft. The insides were mashed up shrimp and I believe some kind of pork sausage. I actually had a tougher time eating the chicken that was inside the Soup. It was worth it though... and I even went back for more a few hours later. My body is so starved for food! :lol:

There was an ad on TV last night for Wendy's Chili... still wanting to try that out soon. I'm going to on Friday night in fact for my One Month Sleeversary. I'll see how I do and definitely report back. The difference between each passing week is a lot. I remember the week before I couldn't even tolerate two itsy bitsy bites of tuna, now I can slowly eat almost a whole small pouch (mashed with Lite mayo of course)... all in a weeks time.

I have some leftover chicken thighs, baked in chicken broth (boneless skinless) that I need to eat more of. Wow I can barely eat even half a thigh right now. I'm just glad to eat though... know what I mean?

Anyway, this has sort of turned into our "eating thread" of sorts. That's cool! We need that... or at least I know I do. :P

Just got back from the pizza party. Took a baggie with my nectar fuzzy navel and put it in some unsweetened tea and watched my son's in-law's talk amongst themselves. My husband and I wound up at different tables so I got a little exercise in by twiddling my thumbs and sighing deeply. After the presents were opened and the cake was cut, my husband and I escaped. The birthday girl barely noticed but at least I got to hold and play with the grandSON. Didn't feel tempted by anything but I was hungry when I left. Or my version of hungry. When my blood sugar drops, I know it's time to eat. So, we dropped by the grocery store and stocked up on stuff. The one store that sold my beloved greek yogurt has apparently quit carrying it and I was so craving it! They had the Dannon brand but, yuck. I got another brand and hope it is as good as oikos and brown cow and fage. probably not!

At least I got the last unavoidable social obligation of the year over with!