Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Tried some chili.. waiting to see how my stomach feels!

Well I'm just under 3 weeks out.. got approved to move into stage 3.. the chunky purees or mushies or whatever the heck they're called. I tried some chili, just out of the can, the hormel... with Beans, low sodium. Dished out 1/3 cup and warmed it in the micro. and added about a TB of shredded cheese. Mmmm it was tasty! Now I'm waiting to see what my stomach says to me! lol! Please let it be good!!!! So far so good!

Has anyone tried any new foods? I swear, every new thing I try, I'm on pins and needles afterwards!! LOL! Will I feel good? Nauseous? Sick? Need pepcid? Be hungry? etc...

Ohhh definitely check in to say how it went! That will be my next venture. I want to go get a Wendy's Chili :-)

ok, its been long enough! lol! feel good! it tasted good, and i feel good. i feel satisfied on the 1/3cup. feel like I ate something normal! I love the wendy's chili too, and it's such a good choice to make when it comes to a "fast food" place.. i guess really the only choice. def. going to use this as one of my meals. good Protein too, and I used the lower sodium (i have high blood pressure) YUM!! Not sure if I could have had 1/2 cup. I may keep it at 1/3 for now. I don't feel hungry. SO weird. Analyzing every single little feeling in my tummy!!! LOL!

Oh great! I think we tend to agree/disagree on similar foods, so I think I might be ok to try it. Yum! It's so nice to add new foods now... broths were REALLY getting old.. haha :D

aint that the truth! so far I've done well with scrambled egg, plus I add a slice of cheese. also done well with yogurt, cream of chicken Soup and now chili. didn't do great with oatmeal, though I may have eaten a bit too much. didn't do great with Peanut Butter but think it was way too soon to try THAT. DUMB!

can you imagine throwing away half of the wendy's chili container? no way we can eat the whole thing anymore!

diva! don't do the chili yet!!! About 2 hours after this, I was driving my daughter to dance class, and I got this awful feeling like my stomach hated me. And well thank goodness I had a tupperware bowl in the front of the car that I was supposed to be returning to a friend. I'll be buying a replacement for her I think. eek! I know I didn't eat too much or too fast, because the reaction was later when my stomach was obviously trying to digest it and couldn't. I'm going back to broth for the weekend. UGH!

Well I'm just under 3 weeks out.. got approved to move into stage 3.. the chunky purees or mushies or whatever the heck they're called. I tried some chili, just out of the can, the hormel... with Beans, low sodium. Dished out 1/3 cup and warmed it in the micro. and added about a TB of shredded cheese. Mmmm it was tasty! Now I'm waiting to see what my stomach says to me! lol! Please let it be good!!!! So far so good!

Has anyone tried any new foods? I swear, every new thing I try, I'm on pins and needles afterwards!! LOL! Will I feel good? Nauseous? Sick? Need pepcid? Be hungry? etc...

That is too funny! Just yesterday I said the first thing I'm making in stage 3 is chili. Let us know how it goes!

Geez, Jordien, are we psychically connected or what? I took the old man to Wendy's this evening so I wouldn't have to cook for him and got their two item meal deal for me- a small chili and an iced tea! I got it with cheese and I ate the whole thing. Chewed it really really well, too. I just finished it a couple of hours ago. I have a little bowl I carry around with me, just in case. Maybe I should take it to bed with me too if your experience is what is going to happen to me! I was floating around the kitchen pining for Peanut Butter this evening and wishing I could have some on a celery stick. I believe I shall wait until my guinea pig, um, I mean, Jordien tries it :lol:

LMAO Juicy!

Oh wow... glad I didn't try it yet! I hope you get to feeling better quick jordien! :unsure: I finished up my refried Beans, scrambled eggs and low fat cheese meal tonight. I was going to try it out tomorrow. Think I'll wait on it until a month out.

Def go back to liquids for a day or so to let the lil tummy rest. *sigh*

LOL!!! Ahhhh you guys are funny....

Well, I felt better when I woke up this morning and took it real easy today. We're away at the shore for the weekend, (with inlaws) and I had to pack up all of my stuff and bring it. I did a Protein shake for Breakfast, lipton cup of Soup for lunch and a greek yogurt for dinner... lots of sipping in between. I feel pretty good when I have a good day. LOL!

My MIL offered me cake three times last night, and today on the beach she offered me a kitkat! She goes, ... can you eat this? I felt like saying.. um.. even if I COULD, you know I'm trying hard to lose weight, why are you offering me a kit kat?? lol.. no clue!

I'm not trying anything new until I'm home, so you'll have to wait it out juicymouse!

I've been a bad girl.... My post-op orders were to be on the pre-op diet for 4 weeks, then 1 week transition into mushy stuff, after that I could have anything.

I was sleeved on a Monday, spent most of that week sipping Water. 2nd week started pushing it a little. By the 3rd week I was eating bites of anything I wanted. Last nite's dinner consisted of salmon, potato salad, Beans and fruit with pie and ice cream for dessert. Of course, I only ate a tablespoon portion of each but it was good and felt fine.

Steak is really hard to digest. Rice does puff up after it goes down. Be careful with rice. Refried Beans don't feel great. Don't know why. Maybe they make gas??

Buffalo hot wings - just ate the meat but ate way too fast. Jerky was okay. Cottage cheese easy. I've had wine - very small sips - half glass in more than an hour. Have to have food on board before otherwise it burns.

My biggest and really only problem so far is eating too fast. I get so excited about eating 'real' food I woof my food down. It feels like I swallowed a baseball and takes at least a day if not 2 for it to digest and move on thru. I suppose if I drank Water it would move faster but that's the one thing I won't do. I don't want to learn how to cheat so never temp it.

It is definately a challenge learning how and what to eat. I think mostly it's about physically understanding how past (bad) habits affect current conditions. I am pretty hard headed and often need a 2x4 up side the head before I change my thinking. All the research before surgery couldn't prepare me for the bloating of rice or hard digeting of steak. I read it, but didn't get it til now.

My suggestion - go slow. Be mentally and physically aware of each bite and give yourself time to feel it. Eat Zen.

I just want to chime in here, any newly sleeved folks reading this... please don't try this at home. :blink: Please do your very best to follow your surgeon's post op plan, and if anything go even slower than that.

We run a very high risk of developing leaks for the first weeks out of surgery and pushing the limits is a very bad idea. Not only that, we went through with this to in essence "start over". Don't be in such a hurry to already fall off plan.

Good luck to all.

Agreed!! My doc moved me on to mushy, and I am moving carefully! Most days I stick with liquids, because I just am not ready. That being said, I AM anxious to just have some normal food again!!!

Actually, I am NOT falling off plan and i AM following doctors orders. He told me I could have Protein Shakes for two weeks and after that, I could have what I wanted. I am following a more cautious plan than he suggested and am in no way shape or form advocating someone follow what I eat. We are eating soft foods, ground meats and nothing near solid food yet.