Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

hi there!!! are there really gay people here?!?!?!?

100% really gay here. :P

HW: 400

SW: 386

CW: 321

GW: 180

Sleeved 10-26-15 in Tyler Texas :D

I'm hoping for early February surgery. ( insurance approval is pending)

Right now I'm uber thankful for my supportive partner, she has given up sugar and carbs in solidarity because I'm on my liquid pre op diet.

I think this thread needs before/ after pictures for everyone who has had surgery.

Right now I'm uber thankful for my supportive partner, she has given up sugar and carbs in solidarity because I'm on my liquid pre op diet.

I think this thread needs before/ after pictures for everyone who has had surgery.

Very sweet. My wife has never had a weight problem and as always been very athletic. She's been very supportive( I'm 2yrs out). She even refused to eat in front of me in my early days, but I had zero desire to eat so I told her to go ahead. She does not have a big appetite now so the majority of the time we go out, we end up sharing an entree.

It is nice to see new posts on this board. I want to extend a warm welcome to all you new people and realize, you are not alone. We are OUT there and here!!! Good luck on your journeys and keep us all appraised of your successes!!!

Very sweet. My wife has never had a weight problem and as always been very athletic. She's been very supportive( I'm 2yrs out). She even refused to eat in front of me in my early days, but I had zero desire to eat so I told her to go ahead. She does not have a big appetite now so the majority of the time we go out, we end up sharing an entree.

I'm in the same boat! My partner has never had a weight problem. But, I am the cook in the family and she is being great about dietary changes.

At home she is carb and sugar free

And I must confess she still eats bread ( sandwiches in her lunch so it's never eaten at home)but I buy her bread I don't like so I'm not tempted! ????????

Edited by Nurse_Lenora

I am so happy to have found this site! It seems like there is something for everyone here and I am also glad to find a GLBTQ support group :)

I had my surgery a few weeks ago and so far I have been doing well. I am mostly struggling with keeping organized with my meals and Fluid intake and trying to get in enough Protein. I used to just eat whenever and whatever I felt like so this definitely is an adjustment, lol. I have always felt like the "fat" friend in social situations and never really had much attention from other women because of my weight so I am a little nervous about what life will be like when I do reach my goal because I have gotten so used to being in the background and lacking confidence because of the way I look. Well anyway, this is what I have going on at the moment. I am looking forward to feeling like the "me" I was meant to be and getting healthy! I would also love to make some online pals on here for mutual support and sharing stories.

Jett- welcome! I can totally relate to the feeling of not fitting in. I have always felt the same way!

I have lost 40lbs and I am beginning to feel normal, like I don't stick out when I'm in public and it's a wonderful feeling!

Hi everyone! This is my very first post, but I've been reading posts for a week or so preparing for my appointment this Wednesday. I'm ready to get this started. My insurance has the three month waiting period, but from what I've read here, it seems it almost always takes longer. Now that I've decided, I really don't want to wait. Anyone else in KC and have experience with Dr Slayden and St Lukes South?

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Hi all, I live and work in Nairobi, Kenya (in Eastern Africa) with my partner and our 13 month old twin girls. Sleeved on 3/30. Starting weight 121kg, current weight 114.3kg (as of this morning). My long term goal weight is 60kg.

Any other African LGBTQI on here?

Im living in Baltimore and am bi living with my hubby and he is also bi and were poly so yeah im probably having surgery in july or August due to insurance

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I257 using the BariatricPal App

Yep. Isn't this whole post for LGBTQ peeps?

Hi Ann. Welcome. I'm lesbian married to Jill. We have been together 15 years and live in Canada. Had my sleeve April 18, 2016 and my life is already so changed. I look forward to hearing of your changes.

@@danser I haven't had surgery yet. Just found out self-pay is the same as going thru my insurance and I don't qualify for a loan. Trying to beg family to loan me the $$. I was approved (and it was paid for) a few years ago-but I walked..