Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

hi there!!! are there really gay people here?!?!?!?

I could have sworn I introduced myself here, but I'm a newbie, and still figuring out the difference between a group, forum and discussion!

My surgery info is below, but I wanted to talk about non-surgery stuff!

Soooo..... I'm a 50-year-old butch living and working inside the DC Beltway. I married my wife in 2010 when it became legal in DC after we'd been together for four years. We both work for the federal government (when it's open ;) ), and we're recent empty-nesters. We have a 22-year-old daughter here in DC, and one in college in NC.

My wife, Laurie, is from Georgia, and a UGA alum. I see SOOOO many people from the Atlanta area on this site! I'm a Va Tech grad.

We're both writers/editors; we own and are constantly working on our 76-year-old house; we have a dog and five cats (of course we do); and we love to travel and camp.

Let's all get to know each other a little better! I can use all the support I can gather around me, and -- after all -- we're "FAMILY" right!?

Jen

Recently berieved gastric bypass 2005. Michael passed away October 2013. Lonely and not sure how to date with body issues and extra skin. Michael and I were together for 25 years. Friends and family are telling me to get back out there and date. Any advice? Live in Atlanta. 41 years old size 32 pants from size 60.

Recently berieved gastric bypass 2005. Michael passed away October 2013. Lonely and not sure how to date with body issues and extra skin. Michael and I were together for 25 years. Friends and family are telling me to get back out there and date. Any advice? Live in Atlanta. 41 years old size 32 pants from size 60.

I am so very sorry to hear you lost your partner! I always made my surgery known upfront! I don't want it to be an issue after I found someone and truthfully, if it is an issue, they don't really care about you, but I know it's very intimidating! Atlanta is an awful city to try to date in, men here are extremely vain! My boyfriend knew about my surgery upfront, knew my body wasn't as desirable as I wish it could be but, be said he thought I was cute then and now, so I knew it wasn't a problem! You can and will find another man, good luck!!!!

Sleeved in July 2010 - down 140 pounds. It gave me the courage to get back into dating after 5+ years alone - and just last week I moved in with my boyfriend here in Jacksonville. Best decision I ever made.

Congrats :)

My partner and I live in Atlanta as well. We should chat sometime. :)

I am Randi, had VSG Nov 19th. Down 36lbs, but am currently experiencing a stall. Need to get back to the gym. I live with my wife in Socal. She has been my biggest supporter, don't think I could have done this without her.

SO glad I just found this forum! Sleeved on 4/2. Still in the "what have I done phase." I have been in the Bear community forever and feeling rather alone now.

Hey Alex,

You are not alone buddy! I had my surgery on 4/8/14 so I am definitely in the same phase as you. The bear community is what it is. Don't let how they react to the new you determine your success with weight loss surgery. We didn't do it for them!

Private message me if you ever want to chat. We will be going down this path together timing wise so it would be nice to have someone to compare notes with.

Thanks,

Tony

SO glad I just found this forum! Sleeved on 4/2. Still in the "what have I done phase." I have been in the Bear community forever and feeling rather alone now.

Recovering Bear, myself and don't worry - you'll find where you fit! Reach out to me on Facebook if you ever want to chat - I'm VSG Kirk on both FB and YT.

I understand want you are going thru. I was sleeve back in June 2013 and I lost several bear friends. Since my weight lost I don't meet the criteria but I'm better off now I'm healthier wish is the most important

I am, and just starting out on this new journey. :)

Oh man, this is the post that never ends!! I thought I wasn't going to find anything from this year.

Hello! My name is Misty, I'm 27. I'm waiting very (IM)patiently for my first consult appt on June 12, and lurking throughout the forums. I fall under the category of B in LGBT, but have been exclusively in (2 seperate) long term relationships with women. I married my last gf in 2009 (kind of seperated now, boo) and have sort of fallen out of the community. I look forward to getting to know my family here on BP. :D

Gay scene in Pakistan is horrible and bear lover are a rare species. I got my sleeve on 13th may, 2014. Hopefully I get in shape cos I have been trying to lose weight over n over. 50kg to 20kg but regaining it. Hopefully I won't make the same mistakes after taking such a huge step. Keeping my finger crossed 8-)

Howdy. 43yo gay male here. Former head of the local bears group, but after meeting TheOne haven't seen the guys much lately.

Had sleeve gastrectomy on Monday May 12 and am so grateful for all my fiancée has done to support me in this journey. I'm starting to believe I won't be obese when we get married in March...

Congrats! Welcome to the group!