Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

hi there!!! are there really gay people here?!?!?!?

I'll do my best to revive this thread a little:

Just wanted to share that I recently told one of my gay besties about my intention to have WLS and, so far, he is the only person that is 100% supportive of my decision. He just wants me to be happy and healthy.

I am so happy to hear that for you!! I only had 1 bad response from a "Friend". The week or so before surgery, I went to Gondolier, which is an Italian restaurant that has absolutely amazing pizza, specifically the one I love, Feta, Mozzarella & Spinach! Well I took a pic of the pizza & said..."Gonna miss this pizza..last one for at least a few months!!" He responds with something to the effect of, "Well if your just gonna eat pizza again in a few months what is the point of even having the surgery."

Needless to say, that lead me to responding, and then he got personal and told me I was using the money we received after my brother died for personal gain, etc etc...this made me EXTREMELY mad because it was only 4 months after he passed, I cared for my brother for 2 years before he passed, It wasn't about personal gain, It was about getting myself healthy and being happy with myself. Of course I said quite a few harsh things to him because he has used his mother more than anyone I've ever known! Anyway, I ended up removing him from my friends on Facebook and then blocked him and then deleted his phone #.

The thing is, we don't need "Friends" like that! Those are not our true friends, Or true friends support us and encourage us, not try to bring us down.

Good luck, I hope you are very successful! I am out 17 weeks and am down 70 lbs! I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE MY SLEEVE!!!

I am so happy to hear that for you!! I only had 1 bad response from a "Friend". The week or so before surgery' date=' I went to Gondolier, which is an Italian restaurant that has absolutely amazing pizza, specifically the one I love, Feta, Mozzarella & Spinach! Well I took a pic of the pizza & said..."Gonna miss this pizza..last one for at least a few months!!" He responds with something to the effect of, "Well if your just gonna eat pizza again in a few months what is the point of even having the surgery."

Needless to say, that lead me to responding, and then he got personal and told me I was using the money we received after my brother died for personal gain, etc etc...this made me EXTREMELY mad because it was only 4 months after he passed, I cared for my brother for 2 years before he passed, It wasn't about personal gain, It was about getting myself healthy and being happy with myself. Of course I said quite a few harsh things to him because he has used his mother more than anyone I've ever known! Anyway, I ended up removing him from my friends on Facebook and then blocked him and then deleted his phone #.

The thing is, we don't need "Friends" like that! Those are not our true friends, Or true friends support us and encourage us, not try to bring us down.

Good luck, I hope you are very successful! I am out 17 weeks and am down 70 lbs! I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE MY SLEEVE!!! [/quote']

Wow that's intense! Sorry to hear it.

Lesbian, married (legally in Iowa), getting sleeved 12/14/12! Soooooo happy to see this group. We should keep the discussions going!

People who think WLS is selfish or somehow doing it the "easy" way have no idea how much work it actually is (and I'm pre-op!). Don't let any of them wreck your feelings. They need a different sort of help. I have been very please that the vast majority of people I have discussed this with have been extremely supportive. My coworkers have been great!

Hello mishell and I agree we really should!

Lesbian' date=' married (legally in Iowa), getting sleeved 12/14/12! Soooooo happy to see this group. We should keep the discussions going!

People who think WLS is selfish or somehow doing it the "easy" way have no idea how much work it actually is (and I'm pre-op!). Don't let any of them wreck your feelings. They need a different sort of help. I have been very please that the vast majority of people I have discussed this with have been extremely supportive. My coworkers have been great![/quote']

How did your surgery go? How are you feeling?

Im new.. Im here :)

Welcome MzFree-Spirited! Where are you on your WLS journey?

This thread seems to fizzle out pretty often! Which is surprising since gay people are usually talkative lol

This thread seems to fizzle out pretty often! Which is surprising since gay people are usually talkative lol

It's because all those breeders keep invading our thread. ;P

What's a breeder? ??? Lol

Me. :D

Me. :D

Bahahaha XD