Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

hi there!!! are there really gay people here?!?!?!?

Hi folks,

Relatively new here, but thrilled to see support for glbt folks. i post to the obesity help vsg forum a lot but have hesitated to come out to anyone so haven't yet.

i'm ann, i live in arlington, va with my partner of 30 years (in november!) whose name is also ann (i know!) and our two kitties -- no kids.

i'm excited to finally almost be at the ins submission stage and hopeful that things will got thru!!!

i'd love to hear from other friendly folks. everyone is so nice here!!!

do you find issues related to your glbt-hood and the forum or reaction from friends???

so happy to be here!!!!!! xoxoxoxo Ann

Hi folks,

Relatively new here, but thrilled to see support for glbt folks. i post to the obesity help vsg forum a lot but have hesitated to come out to anyone so haven't yet.

i'm ann, i live in arlington, va with my partner of 30 years (in november!) whose name is also ann (i know!) and our two kitties -- no kids.

i'm excited to finally almost be at the ins submission stage and hopeful that things will got thru!!!

do you find issues related to your glbt-hood and the forum or reaction from friends???

Hi there. Yes, Ann, there are gay people here. I'm one. I am sorta new here, got my sleeve a week ago through my insurance. I'll be looking for your posts. welcome. :rolleyes:

Yes, the queers are here.

I was sleeved in late June and I now have a BMI of 26.something. It's awesome.

My gay friends have responded much like my straight friends: afraid at first but now supportive. My best gal pal (but not girlfriend) has been consistently telling me how hot I look. It rocks!

Welcome.

I guess this is a P.S.

I was hesitant to come out on this board too. Finally I came out on this sub-forum and it turned out that I was coming out to nearly everyone on the board. Lots of non-GBLT folks read this forum. Everyone has been very supportive. If someone has a problem with my sexuality, they've stayed in their homophobe closet. Now that's a happy turnaround.

I had to laugh because I read the thread topic as are there REALLLY GAY people here...as in not a little gay but a lot gay. Then I reread it and figured out where the emphasis was in the sentence...im slow. Either way im a tard but welcome to the forum.

Thanks y'all!!!! i love the REALLY GAY confusion. i love us all from the sorta gay to the super gay!!!!!! i'm that way about Pride day too -- love the trannies!

i found out yesterday that i have a date set for surgery (and now going to insurance company for pre-auth). it's 12/13!!!!!!! i'm trying not to get too excited about the whole thing until i know what the ins co says, but i really want it to be true!!!!!!!!!! i'll let you guys know as soon as i do. do you think it could really happen so soon?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!!?

thanks for the warm welcome!!!!! not sure where else to post on the board, but will figure it out bit by bit!!!!!

hugs to all,

Ann

*raises hand* Me!

Welcome. :) Glad you have a date. Best of luck! Yes, it can happen so soon. My initial consult was May 12, and I had insurance approval done and surgery completed on July 21. Granted, I had a short window, because I needed to have the surgery done and recovery well under way by the time I went back to school in late August.

Hello:

Gay guy from Boston here so yes, there are some gay people here.

Greetings!

Hi there. Yes, Ann, there are gay people here. I'm one. I am sorta new here, got my sleeve a week ago through my insurance. I'll be looking for your posts. welcome. :rolleyes:

I am Jimmy. I am from North MS and I live with my partner David. I was sleeved February 2, 2011. Glad to see you here.

Hi folks,

Hi folks,

hey Ann good to meet you and yes gay peeps are everywhere! congrats on the 30 years together ! I have been with my partner 17 years and we have 2 girls through artificial insemination but that is a whole different story with its own websight! be patient with the whole insurance process mine took 3 months and lots of appointments and tests just be your own advocate and don't give up....as far as having reactions on the forum i haven't outed myself either but my guess its like coming out anywhere...some people are ok, others are not and we gravitate to the ones who do not have an issue with it.....good luck i added u as my friend so keep in touch! amy

Well...no posts in this forum since Nov 2011...suddenly feeling like the only recent "token". Wow.

I'm not REALLY gay, I'm only sort of moderately gay.

Which means I am ***** and have had loads of ***** relationships- but I fell in love with and married a man... Which to most of my ***** friends means that I lost my LGBTQ card:(