Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Mexico vs. Louisiana

Hey guys I cannot get my insurance to wrok with me It is an exclusion on my policy only way to have the surgery is to pay for it myself was wanting to know if anyone has used Dr. Aceves and how much their total cost was for the surgery total! and if they recommend him or should I stay and have the surgery in Louisiana

where the cost are high my life is worth a lot so I want to make the right decision, Would be really nervous to travel to another country to have surgery. I just want to make the right decision, but I have to have this surgery and I am tired of waiting. Thanks

Hi,

I haven't had my surgery yet, next Friday is my big day! I cannot wait! there are lots of people on here that have gone to Dr Aceves and have nothing but great things to say about him. right now, my total cost excluding airfare is $8750. Not sure what the cost out of pocket is in LA, but here in NJ is was more than triple that, and since I had already had a band, my insurance would not budge. good luck in your decision, and like you said, you life if worth it. take your time and make peace with it.

Patti

Hey guys I cannot get my insurance to wrok with me It is an exclusion on my policy only way to have the surgery is to pay for it myself was wanting to know if anyone has used Dr. Aceves and how much their total cost was for the surgery total! and if they recommend him or should I stay and have the surgery in Louisiana

where the cost are high my life is worth a lot so I want to make the right decision, Would be really nervous to travel to another country to have surgery. I just want to make the right decision, but I have to have this surgery and I am tired of waiting. Thanks

I had my surgery by Dr. Aceves. I absolutely recommend him, Dr. Campos, and the Hospital Almater Staff. They are A+.

You will be in excellent care. I never waited more than a total minute to be waited on when I used the nurse call button. The Hospital is incredibly clean, and they are so nice and caring.

I think just being out of our element can be scary. I was scared just to go outside my insurance network! I'll never look back though now. It was the BEST thing I've ever done for myself!!!

If you have any questions, pleas feel free to contact me. :-)

WLS is an exclusion on my policy too.

I self paid here in Louisiana. www.whyweight.com is who I used. My doc was Dr. Matthew French. He's awesome and I love him.

My cost was $13,600 which includes a year of followup and complication coverage as well.

My husband wouldn't even hear about me going to Mexico...but if that would have been an option, I would have chosen Dr. Aceves.

I've heard nothing but wonderful things about him.

I was sleeved 3 weeks ago in Gonzales, Louisiana by Dr. Bellanger. Total cost, including psych visit, pre-op testing, nutritionist, anesthesiologist, internist who evaluated the pre-op testing, overnight hospital stay and follow up was $14065 (hospital portion $7600, and the remainder was paid to the doc). I was self pay. Iberia Bank will also finance all or part. I can't say enough good things about this physician and St. Elizabeth's. I'm sure the doc in Mexico is a good physician, but I need to be close to home. The surgery was a breeze, as was the recovery. Good luck and if you have anymore questions, let me know.

I am just shy of 9 months out frommy surgery with Dr Aceves. I have had ZERO complications. They are the best there, you will be in good hands with them. They are all very caring. You can't gp wrong with Dr. Aceves and his team.

Brenda

In Lafayette, LA they have a great program at LGMC with Dr. Philip Gachassin & Dr. Dennis Eschete. Sleeves are $11,500 surgeon and hospital. Includes pre-op and post op education and s urgeon follow up Great program too!

I was sleeved 3 weeks ago in Gonzales, Louisiana by Dr. Bellanger. Total cost, including psych visit, pre-op testing, nutritionist, anesthesiologist, internist who evaluated the pre-op testing, overnight hospital stay and follow up was $14065 (hospital portion $7600, and the remainder was paid to the doc). I was self pay. Iberia Bank will also finance all or part. I can't say enough good things about this physician and St. Elizabeth's. I'm sure the doc in Mexico is a good physician, but I need to be close to home. The surgery was a breeze, as was the recovery. Good luck and if you have anymore questions, let me know.

According to the Obesity Help website where you can review the qualifications of surgeons in Louisiana (and elsewhere), Dr Bellanger has performed over 400 VSGs. Dr Hargroder has done 100. I read a lot of research before having my VSG by Dr Aceves in Mexico. He's done about 1000 with NO leaks, so his statistics made me feel very confident.

The research says that once the surgeon has done over 300 of the procedures, their complication rate drops considerably. They have then seen about every possible complication and know how to handle them.

Good luck!

Total cost at Lafayette General was only 11.5K!!!!

I had my surgery in Alexandria LA. performed by Dr. Samuel Bleedsoe. I love him, the hospital, and the total experience. I did not have any complications. I was insurance paid but my friend has to self pay and her cost will be 15K!!! I did a little research online and found it was only $9,500 next door in Texas. That could be an option for you.

url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wjo7SFA/]

weight.png

[/url]

I would definitely stay in Louisiana. My surgeon only charged $11,500 for a sleeve. This includes hospital & Surgeon fees, consult fee, pre and post op education, and one year follow up. The folow up program is awesome at LGMC. Go see their website www.acadianaweightlosssurgery.com

Hey guys I cannot get my insuranc

e to wrok with me It is an exclusion on my policy only way to have the surgery is to pay for it myself was wanting to know if anyone has used Dr. Aceves and how much their total cost was for the surgery total! and if they recommend him or should I stay and have the surgery in Louisiana

Mine is only 11,000 in Houston Tx, he is a awesome surgeon! 12,200.00 if you want the insurance that is the hospital, the total pkg.

Who was your doctor in Houston?

Who was your doctor in Houston?
. Having mine in Metairie , Louisiana 13,600 self pay with one year follow--up.