Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just a little encouragement

I think sometimes we all need little reminders throughout our journeys.

I challenge each of to go look at some of your before pictures, or grab a pair of jeans that you wore pre-op. Look at how far you've come, and I don't care if that's 10lbs ago, or 100lbs. We need to Celebrate in every victory regardless of how small or trivial it may seem.

There is so much more to this entire process than just the physical changes, BUT those changes are the tangible ones. The changes we can see and feel. When you're feeling down, or discouraged, really look at yourself and SEE where you are today from you were be it 2 weeks, 2 months, or 2 pant sizes ago! ! !

When John and I first started dating, we lived 1800 miles apart. We had struggles like every couple plus add in those miles, and I honestly never thought we'd make it. A wise friend told me "Tiffany, it's not always going to be easy, but it'll all be worth it." I didn't believe her then, and you may not believe me right now, but hang on to the hope that all your struggles will be outweighed by numerous victories.

After my complications, if I would have given up, or succumbed to the all the negatives that truly smothered me, I would have never made it. BUT, here I am today, below goal, eating a balanced, healthy diet, loving life, and enjoying a very active, fun social life.

This may seem silly, but honestly, you have got to be your own biggest cheerleader in this journey. You have to believe in yourself, and in your efforts. You might not see that light at the end of the tunnel, but believe me it's there.

Hang in there, and know that you are doing something wonderful for yourself. Your success and victories will overshadow any struggle or worry that you might have today.

Do not allow a little speed bump become a roadblock in your path to success! ! !

YOU DESERVE THIS, YOU DESERVE ALL OF IT! ! !

I needed this today, after being at a plateau AGAIN for the last few weeks (my own fault as usual). Actually good timing too, today's the day I plan to post a bunch of pics, but I need to have my son re-do the ones my hubby took on Monday, 'cause he was too far out and didn't have me anywhere near centered in the pics lol...my son's been my photographer all along.

I started a second paragraph about stalling and the reasons for it here, but I might just split that off into a separate thread.

Thanks for the pep talk Tiff, and everyone have a great day! :thumbup:

Tiff, you truly are an inspiration and a wealth of knowledge and common sense. Thanks for being here for all of us. I learn something from you, every post I read.

Amen sista sleeve :001_smile:...you rock!!!

Soooo needed this today. I just can't seem to get to that 135 and I really want to be below it. It can be so discouraging to watch the scale jump up and down the same 2 pounds for 3 weeks. Ugh!

I tried on the jeans I wore when I went to surgery. I think 2 of me could have fit in there. Yeah!

Great Post Tiff.. I have not been sleeved yet but have been reading on some folks being disappointed for what ever reason, stall, gain etc.

I pick up my Optifast on Friday and start on the 5th and surgery on the 19th. I have learned alot from your posts and posts of others experiences. I believe that all these reading will help in the recovery and there after.

Thanks to you all

Connie :biggrin0: :001_smile:

I think sometimes we all need little reminders throughout our journeys.

I challenge each of to go look at some of your before pictures, or grab a pair of jeans that you wore pre-op. Look at how far you've come, and I don't care if that's 10lbs ago, or 100lbs. We need to Celebrate in every victory regardless of how small or trivial it may seem.

There is so much more to this entire process than just the physical changes, BUT those changes are the tangible ones. The changes we can see and feel. When you're feeling down, or discouraged, really look at yourself and SEE where you are today from you were be it 2 weeks, 2 months, or 2 pant sizes ago! ! !

When John and I first started dating, we lived 1800 miles apart. We had struggles like every couple plus add in those miles, and I honestly never thought we'd make it. A wise friend told me "Tiffany, it's not always going to be easy, but it'll all be worth it." I didn't believe her then, and you may not believe me right now, but hang on to the hope that all your struggles will be outweighed by numerous victories.

After my complications, if I would have given up, or succumbed to the all the negatives that truly smothered me, I would have never made it. BUT, here I am today, below goal, eating a balanced, healthy diet, loving life, and enjoying a very active, fun social life.

This may seem silly, but honestly, you have got to be your own biggest cheerleader in this journey. You have to believe in yourself, and in your efforts. You might not see that light at the end of the tunnel, but believe me it's there.

Hang in there, and know that you are doing something wonderful for yourself. Your success and victories will overshadow any struggle or worry that you might have today.

Do not allow a little speed bump become a roadblock in your path to success! ! !

YOU DESERVE THIS, YOU DESERVE ALL OF IT! ! !

Tiff, thanks so much for this post. It's so easy to get distracted from the real progress we are making day to day. This reminder really helped me, so again, thanks!

Amen Tiff - You're a great cheerleader. We need to enjoy the ride. Thanks for the reminder!

Thanks for the words of support. You guys are great!

Thanks Tiff, your an inspiration to all. . .have had a bad month so far, not food wise, but death in family wise . . not good. . . but thank goodness i've not gained any weight! That must be my biggest fear! :o Don't know if I'd handle it well if i started gaining. . .but yup, your so right there are many obstacles in the road, and the best way to get over them is hike up those big girl/boy panties and start a climbin'! :lol: No else can do it for you except yourself. . . good luck to all who are struggling or just trying to climb the obstacle! Together we can do this!

Thanks Tiff, we have to believe in ourselves! Today I was feeling a bit overwhelmed, hubby and children ill, I tried on a pair of black pants that I used to wear preop everytime i neede to dress up. I fit my 10 month old baby in the space between me and the waist of my pants! I need to take a pic cause it was so cute and it felt great! :P

Thanks for this message! I really needed to hear this as some people in my life try to talk me out of the surgery. I know this is the right decision for ME and that's all that really matters. You are a great cheerleader!

Great Post Tiffy!