Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just a little encouragement

Thank you Tiff....I really needed to read this today. My weight is coming off so slowly that I sometimes forget to Celebrate the weight that I have lost already.

Diann

tiff

as always you know exactly what to say. i have not been sleeved yet and have only been a member of this site for a couple weeks but it has been so helpful and it is always great to read everyones experiences. you've done an excellent job and you look great. thanks again for your encouragement.

thickinphilly

Thanks Tiffy. You are such an inspiration to all of us!

I think sometimes we all need little reminders throughout our journeys.

I challenge each of to go look at some of your before pictures, or grab a pair of jeans that you wore pre-op. Look at how far you've come, and I don't care if that's 10lbs ago, or 100lbs. We need to Celebrate in every victory regardless of how small or trivial it may seem.

There is so much more to this entire process than just the physical changes, BUT those changes are the tangible ones. The changes we can see and feel. When you're feeling down, or discouraged, really look at yourself and SEE where you are today from you were be it 2 weeks, 2 months, or 2 pant sizes ago! ! !

When John and I first started dating, we lived 1800 miles apart. We had struggles like every couple plus add in those miles, and I honestly never thought we'd make it. A wise friend told me "Tiffany, it's not always going to be easy, but it'll all be worth it." I didn't believe her then, and you may not believe me right now, but hang on to the hope that all your struggles will be outweighed by numerous victories.

After my complications, if I would have given up, or succumbed to the all the negatives that truly smothered me, I would have never made it. BUT, here I am today, below goal, eating a balanced, healthy diet, loving life, and enjoying a very active, fun social life.

This may seem silly, but honestly, you have got to be your own biggest cheerleader in this journey. You have to believe in yourself, and in your efforts. You might not see that light at the end of the tunnel, but believe me it's there.

Hang in there, and know that you are doing something wonderful for yourself. Your success and victories will overshadow any struggle or worry that you might have today.

Do not allow a little speed bump become a roadblock in your path to success! ! !

YOU DESERVE THIS, YOU DESERVE ALL OF IT! ! !

I have not been on the computer alot lately, and just read your post Tiffykins. I have been feeling down lately. I had my surgery Setember 2, and have only lost 30 lbs, and have been feeling like I have failed at this surgery, because I don't seem to be losing as quickly as others. I guess I should feel happy I have not really had any stalls, I have been losing about 3 to 4 pounds every week or so. There has not been a week that I just have not lost anything. I'm not getting in all my liquids, and that probably is part of, I am getting in more of my Protein then I was, maybe that is why I'm not losing as much as I feel like I should. But anyway this post helped me out alot, I should be happy I have lost anything, but when I read people on here losing double of what I have it is kind of frusterating. Don't get me wrong I am happy for them, I really am, but then wonder how come I'm not losing that fast. But realize I should just be happy I'm losing, and not gaining. My clothes are fitting me better and actually fit into 2 sizes smaller then what I was before surgery.

I have not been on the computer alot lately, and just read your post Tiffykins. I have been feeling down lately. I had my surgery Setember 2, and have only lost 30 lbs, and have been feeling like I have failed at this surgery, because I don't seem to be losing as quickly as others. I guess I should feel happy I have not really had any stalls, I have been losing about 3 to 4 pounds every week or so. There has not been a week that I just have not lost anything. I'm not getting in all my liquids, and that probably is part of, I am getting in more of my Protein then I was, maybe that is why I'm not losing as much as I feel like I should. But anyway this post helped me out alot, I should be happy I have lost anything, but when I read people on here losing double of what I have it is kind of frusterating. Don't get me wrong I am happy for them, I really am, but then wonder how come I'm not losing that fast. But realize I should just be happy I'm losing, and not gaining. My clothes are fitting me better and actually fit into 2 sizes smaller then what I was before surgery.

Awwwwwwwwww hun, think about this way: When in the world have you ever lost 30 pounds in 6 weeks before? ? ? I know it would take me a good solid 4-6 months to drop 30lbs before surgery, and that included starving myself, and working out like a mad woman just to get those results. . .

Just to let ya know I only lost about 30 something pounds the first month! ! ! So, you're doing really great, and don't get down on yourself because of the numbers on the scale and what other people are losing. They may have more weight to lose, their bodies may be different, stay the course, stay focus, and STAY POSITIVE ! ! !

I soooo needed to read this today. I am at a stall for a week now. And even though I know they happen it does get frustrated.

But, I have to look at the bright side I'm 16.5 pounds down since surgery and 37.5 since I started this journey. I fit into jeans that I haven't worn in a year and they are even a little lose. So I guess it's not that bad.

Thank you again I needed to hear it from someone else I guess.

Tracey

Awwwwwwwwww hun, think about this way: When in the world have you ever lost 30 pounds in 6 weeks before? ? ? I know it would take me a good solid 4-6 months to drop 30lbs before surgery, and that included starving myself, and working out like a mad woman just to get those results. . .

Just to let ya know I only lost about 30 something pounds the first month! ! ! So, you're doing really great, and don't get down on yourself because of the numbers on the scale and what other people are losing. They may have more weight to lose, their bodies may be different, stay the course, stay focus, and STAY POSITIVE ! ! !

Thank you so much, you always seem to make feel better. I'm back to being in focus, and positive. You are so right, and I am losing, and I'm so happy about that. Thank you again...