Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Rating protein powders

Tera's whey organic fairtrade dark chocolate whey powder is the best. Add some hemp milk, some Click mocha Protein Powder, some SF Syrup, some SF whipped topping and a tap of cinnamon - put it in one of those ceramic cups made to look like a to-go paper coffee cup, and NOBODY can tell that it isn't some calorific concoction from starbucks! =)

I just tried two Gotein Protein supplements. The chocolate was better than most I have tried. However, the strawberry was positively NASTY!!

I really like ChocoRite brand. I found it much cheaper at netrition.com. With the french vanilla, I use 2 scoops, 8 ounces of Water, 2 ounces of skim milk, then when it's allowed, I add about 4 frozen strawberries. When fruit isn't allowed, I use banana flavored sugar free Syrup. YUM!!

the BSN lean dessert Banana Cream pudding is good. Orange Chike is really good too. You can get all the BSN flavors at vitacost.com. Free shipping if you order over $49.

If you like your shakes thick like I do, I add a couple tablespoons of

sf instant pudding to my shakes when I want them thicker.

Vitamin Shoppe sells Jay Robb. His is a small container for around $30 so I think it's expensive. BSN is like 14.99

The good deal at Vitamin Shoppe is Pro Pudding by body Tech. It's 145 calories 4 carbs and 25 grams of Protein. only choc and vanilla but it's good pudding!

When visiting my doctor, one of the dieticians said I could mix sugar-free Jello (powdered gelatin) with plain yogurt (she recommended Greek-style). Adds a real nice taste to the yogurt.

Oh Yum. I am definitely going to try that!

I just threw out my Syntrax tubs. I can't stand them anymore. Too "foamy"

I am currently addicted to Bariatric Advantage Orange Cream and the Banana. I think Orange Cream blended with ice cubes tastes like the original Orange Julius. I also add in a frozen banana. I add frozen strawberries into the banana flavor. This is my Breakfast everyday. I have never been a breakfast eater, so this works for me.

I was interested in the "PVL Whey Gourmet Peanut Butter and chocolate" but when I tried to order last night it was restricted for shipping. Has anyone else run into this problem and do they still sell in GNC stores? The company is in Canada so maybe because of the peanut butter there is a shipping restriction? GNC said they would get back to me after research as to why. Anyone else run into this?

The only place I have ever gotten PVL Whey Gourmet is at netrition.com

I get Gaspari Myofusion peanut butter/chocolate at

vitacost.com .Their shipping is free if you order over $49 which is easy to do. they have everything. It's not as expensive as PVL because it's a 5 lb tub not a 2 lb tub.

Has anyone tried Body Fortress Whey? It comes in chocolate, Vanilla and strawberry. I just bought some unflavored stuff the other day...but post op I don't know what I can add to it...it wasn't a well thought out plan lol.

I found Body Fortress to be quite good. I buy most of my Protein powders in vanilla as you can add liquid/powder flavoring agents or frozen fruits. Right now I'm using Six Star from Walmart. Vanilla Creme flavor. Tastes real good.

I ordered the sample pack from Syntax, but have only tried a few. Yesterday I made a drink with the caribbean cooler pack & Water. It separates from Water to easily. Had to keep shaking the cup to keep the contents mixed. The taste was OK, but I wouldn't buy a tub of it.

I have tried chocolate Frost and strawberry Smash by Twin Labs, and Cookies and Cream by Pure Protein. These were fine before surgery, but now I can't even stand the smell of them. I have tried the chocolate, mixed several diferent ways, and the taste of the powder, over powers everything else. Waiting for some Isopure I ordered. I ordered Alpine Punch and Mango Peach. We'll see how that turns out. Also, has anyone tried the PB2 yet. It's a powdered Peanut Butter that was featured on the Dr. Oz show. Only adds a small amount of protein, but is delicious. I have some unflavored powder by Now Sports. I mixed a scoop of the protein, 8 oz. of Chocolate Silk Light, and 2 tblsp. PB2., and it was delish!

ok, i got my Isopure. YUCK!!!!! I thought maybe if I just diluted it I could drink it, but it made it worse. Also, tried making my own Protein shot, using a scoop and 1/4 cup of Water. It came back up faster than it went down.

I have started my own notebook documenting experiences with different ones. I'll share it when I get further along.

Ok, This is something I really struggled with post surgery, so I am gonna keep posting every time I try something new,lol I got some samples from Bj's bariatrics of the Syntrax Nectars. So far I have tried the Cappucino and the Double Stuffed Cookie and both are great!!

I have been using the Protein powder from Walmart , i think, Pure Protein, frosty chocolate(25 grams protein) and Body Fortress, french vanilla(26 grams protein). Well, we got some premixed Atkins Advantage shakes with only 15 grams of protein. Well, I like them but I swear I have been more hungry since I tried them, only yesterday. Plus, I have to take in an extra shake to get the amt of protein. What do you all think of the Atkins Advantage shakes? Are they a big no no??