Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January Sleevers

Hi Everyone,

I guess I will be the first to post here. My surgery is scheduled for January 3, 2011. I am having it done by Dr. Aceves in Mexicali, Mexico. I am a self payer. I am so darn excited that I wish I could just do it tomorrow!! Look forward to making this journey with you all!

Denise

Hi Everyone,

I guess I will be the first to post here. My surgery is scheduled for January 3, 2011. I am having it done by Dr. Aceves in Mexicali, Mexico. I am a self payer. I am so darn excited that I wish I could just do it tomorrow!! Look forward to making this journey with you all!

Denise

Well I have been rescheduled for January 5th!

Right behind you - January 6, 2011 with Dr Ramos-Kelly. So excited I am counting the days. I am preparing for my recovery time stocking up on some shake samples (I don't want to buy the big containers of Protein only to find I don't like some things).

What's on your list to bring with you on your trip to Mexicali?

Blessings and best wishes! Kim

Right behind you - January 6, 2011 with Dr Ramos-Kelly. So excited I am counting the days. I am preparing for my recovery time stocking up on some shake samples (I don't want to buy the big containers of Protein only to find I don't like some things).

What's on your list to bring with you on your trip to Mexicali?

Blessings and best wishes! Kim

Hi Kim,

I already bought some of the powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury shake stuff and it is pretty good. The unflavored is wonderful. I am thinking I will be living on that and Crystal light mixed into my Water. I have browsing the other forums and started my list of things to take. Top things on my list are heating pad and Gas X strips!

Hi Folks,

I just typed a really long introduction to myself, and my wireless went awol and I lost it, so I'm saying a much briefer "Hi" for now - I just wondered if anyone facied introducing themselves a little more?

I'd love to know what journeys we have all been on to get here, and what our motivations are for taking this step now?

Basically I had a realisation upon turning 30 that the same isue was destroying me which had blighted my life from being age 6, and although I have fortitude even I draw the line at almost 25 years of misery, so exactly 2 months before I get to 31 I am getting sleeved an I hope it will mark an upturn for the next 30 years, and close the door on the most difficult part of the first 30.

However that being said its so long since I was a "normal" weight I still just don't believe it will ever work for me - weight loss is something other people achieve!

Heres to January guys!

Cx

Hi guys! January 18th with Dr, Ali in Sacramento at UCDavis Med Center. Once I decided to try and get approval, it only took me 6 weeks to go from my first meeting to getting my date. The staff has been awesome. I am 57 and been dieting most of my life. I started having health problems... high BP, High cholesterol and triglicerides... and A-fib. as well as arthritis. All just this year. Also my best friend found out he had brain cancer, and I just decided to get off my a*s and try something different to improve my health. I eat pretty clean, and have gotten my exercise up to 4 days a week over the past 2 years, but have stayed the same weight. I think the sleeve is just the thing I need to get my weight going in the right direction...DOWN. I feel like I'm going to miss the GIANT salads I used to eat... but am a good cook and know I will make a delicious life for myself...even if the portions are smaller. Also... I am a vegetarian, and this will perhaps make it harder to find Proteins while eating out... Im glad I love Beans and Tofu!

Hi everyone!

I thought my date was Jan 3rd but they want me to go in on the 3rd and i will have surgery on the 4th. I can't wait! I found about about the sleeve a year ago and have been going through the process since then and was beginning to think it would never happen.

How many people are doing a pre-op diet? My doctor doesn't require it but i am always on and off one diet or another, maybe i will have more success this time knowing my surgery is coming up. I want to be as healthy as possible when i'm on the table.

I've been overweight nearly all my life. I could get away with the excess weight when i was younger but the more years that pass the more it effects my health and energy. After 44 years of trying to get down to a 'normal' weight the hard way without results i'm ready to try the 'easy' way.:)

I'm trying to tell as few people as possible so i don't have to deal with all the well meant comments and advice about how to do it the natural way. i've already had the 'it might be the easy way but it isn't the best way' lecture.

Toni

Hi Toni,

I have to do a one week low carb diet before the surgery. I am so darn excited to get this over with! Yay for November!

So has anyone decided what Vitamins and Protein shakes you are going to use?

Also, If you having surgery in Mexico...Are you going to get a Physical here from your primary care doctor? I ws thinking of scheduling one...Why not?

Denise

I was planning on doing a low carb diet the week before surgery but i wasn't planning on that week being christmas week! That is going to be hard and the fact that i haven't told anyone about my surgery and we will all be going to each others houses for dinner doesn't help.

Everywhere i go i will be offered christmas cake and biscuits and the custom here means i will offend if i refuse. Oh well, i will do what i can. I have 7 weeks until xmas so i can lose some weight till then (i hope!) and i will try to do liquids only on the two days before my date.

Being in Europe the Protein Shakes here are completely different but i've found one i like and have it for Breakfast most days.

I can't believe after waiting one year for this date that it's finally within reach. My son is getting married in May and i want to be able wear something that i love instead of making do with the only thing i can find in my size!

I'm bumping this for the other January sleevers that have been posting...

Are we getting excited or what??!!! We will get through the holidays and then let the new year begin! Imagine what we will experience in 2011! How exciting! Hopefully this time next year we will all be at or near goal and be experienced sleevers! I am pretty anxious to get through the surgery part and on to recovery. Heres to a healthy 2011 and beyond!

Kim

Here Here! I am going on vacation in New Zealand for the holidays. When I get back I have 13 days till my pre op meeting with the surgeon, then one week more till THE DAY. I have so much to do to get ready!

Protein samples- check

cozy jammies- check

ride to the hospital-check

little dog to jump all over my stomach when I get back home- check... not sure how to handle that one!

Hey Denise,

I am having my surgery with Dr. Aceves on the 6th...so I guess I will be seeing you there!! Yay! I am so looking forward to being at goal by this time next year. Oh to look great is some holiday pictures would be nice :rolleyes:

I am not doing a physical with my pcp as my insurance sucks and I have to meet a $3,000.00 deductible before insurance even starts to pay anything...so I want to avoid the additional expense. Besides..from what I hear Dr. Aceves is quite thorough in his pre-op testing, so I feel confident.

I can't wait to get in and get done with it. I have been researching wls for several years now. I was actually scheduled about a year and a half ago and had to cancel because I got sick right before I was to fly to Mexico.

Can't wait to meet you.

Have a great day!

Hi Everybody:

Glad to heard another positive history and soon you will be down the road of a healthy way to live, I just started searching about this surgery but because my BMI still low for US Drs protocolbut some health problems. I am seeking the choice in MX can you tell me your experience.

Thanks

Hey Denise,

I am having my surgery with Dr. Aceves on the 6th...so I guess I will be seeing you there!! Yay! I am so looking forward to being at goal by this time next year. Oh to look great is some holiday pictures would be nice :rolleyes:

I am not doing a physical with my pcp as my insurance sucks and I have to meet a $3,000.00 deductible before insurance even starts to pay anything...so I want to avoid the additional expense. Besides..from what I hear Dr. Aceves is quite thorough in his pre-op testing, so I feel confident.

I can't wait to get in and get done with it. I have been researching wls for several years now. I was actually scheduled about a year and a half ago and had to cancel because I got sick right before I was to fly to Mexico.

Can't wait to meet you.

Have a great day!

Hey Denise,

Can't wait to meet you.

Have a great day!

Hey "My Turn",

I am so excited to meet someone that will be there the same time! I just can not wait for the date to get here!

Denise