Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

3 months post op, 6 weeks pregnant

Well, ladies. It is true! I had my sleeve done in June, and got the news today (officially) that I am about 6 weeks pregnant. There are lots of emotions going on right now. I am super excited, after all, I had lost about 60 lbs to date, and my husband and I had tried for years to get pregnant. We had IVF done 2 years ago because of low sperm count and it was unsuccessful. We were told it was an issue with just him (extremely low counts), so we didn't think too much about protection after surgery. We went with the motto that when God is ready, then so will we be. Honestly, I didn't think it would be this soon!!! The doctors seem to think it won't be a problem though. They said I just need to watch my nutrition, and that the baby will take what it needs. I was told to add a few carbs in the mix, but overall, they think I will do fine. They said that all the changes I've made recently are a good thing, and to just keep doing what I'm doing.

I'm a little freaked out! Not only is this my 1st pregnancy, but I'm also dealing with the issues of being newly sleeved. I have had some cramping, nausea, dizziness, and aversion to smells. Overall, I feel pretty good, just a lilttle tired.

I thought I'd just put this out there in the universe. I had tons of questions about this. I just hope that I continue to make good food choices and exercise as tolerated. I will try to update, and I would appreciate any advice as this is our 1st.

Thanks for all the support ladies!

Congrats on your pregnancy!!!

I was advised to get out of ketosis and to eat carbs because ketosis can cause brain damage to the fetus. So, no more low carbing. The baby will get what it needs from you, but you have to make sure your body doesn't suffer during the pregnancy.

My pregnancy calorie goals were set at 1500-1800 with a minimum of 100gr of Protein and 100gr of carbs.

Best wishes, and keep us posted on how you're progressing. You'll do great, just stay on top of your calories, Calcium, Iron, and Vitamin intake! ! ! I can't imagine dealing with a pregnancy that early out, but it's a fabulous blessing, and I wish nothing but the very best for you and your husband.

How wonderful! Congrats on your good news and everything will be just fine. I think I read once in one of my pregnancy books that besides our normal requirements for Vitamins, minerals, carbs, Proteins and such that a pregnancy only requires a few hundred more calories a day. I think it was the equivalent of a glass of a full fat milk. So never fear!

First off congrats!!

Secondly. I had the Lap Band from hell during my second pregnancy. I literally lost 40lbs WHILE pregnant without trying. I delievered a very healthy 8 pound baby girl. Get the nutrition the doctors and nutritionalists advises and yes, the baby will take what it needs from your body. Also don't be shocked if you get VERY frequent ultrasounds. I got at least 10 during that pregnancy because of my weight loss to make sure she was growing correctly for her gestational age. I always got good news and it was just horrible having to lay there and look at pictures of my unborn baby.....NOT!! lol

Oh, my god! I am sooooo happy for you. I just wish the same thing would happen for me. I've been trying for years to get preggers and for you to say that it's happened after so much time trying, it gives me hope that maybe one day I'll get to be as lucky as you. Congratulations on your bundle of joy. I wish you the best!!

Congrats on your pregnancy! Just see it as a blessing you can't stuff yourself due to all of those hormonal cravings. Keep us posted on how you are doing. Having a baby is such a fun time!

Congratulations! I can see how it would be a little scary doing all these new things at once, but what a wonderful blessing! Let us know how it goes, and best of luck. I am hoping to get to or near my goal weight and then try to get pregnant, as well, so it will be interesting to have some guidance from someone who has done this with the sleeve.

Ok, so the Dr. was a little off on my calculations (or maybe it was me).. :) but I am just now 6 weeks (almost 7). I got to see the "blob" and a heartbeat. We even got to hear the heartbeat, which can be difficult at 6 weeks according to the dr. The doctor said he usually only does 2 sonograms unless more are needed, but I kinda want to see the baby more than that! The only other scan will be at 19 weeks to determine the sex of the baby. Weird...???

Anyway, I am down a couple more pounds (62 total) LOWEST IN YEARS!! and the nutritionist just said to get as much Protein as I can and to get creative with it cause meat and cheese make me nauseaus unless it is queso. Definitly my husband's baby!!! String cheese and block/sandwich cheese isn't settling too good, and neither is lunchmeat...which the ob/gyn told me to avoid anyway. It is amazing how picky I am when it comes to food, and yet I am extremely overweight. ???? I guess I just always liked the wrong foods. I did gain 2 inches in my waist, but still losing weight, which the dr said was ok for now, but not to gain more than 25 lbs total over the pregnancy.

I was told that everything I changed for surgery are things that are good for the baby. AKA: Quit smoking, quit drinking...which I didn't do much of anyway.., Caffine, cokes, fried stuff, sugary foods, more Protein, veggies, fruit, cheese, etc. I do have to get a few more carbs, but the Dr just basically told me to eat what I can and come back in 4 months. He said I should try to up my protein to at least 70g/day and take my Vitamins including a prenatal multi (which I was already doing cause it was higher in the amounts of stuff I needed so I didn't have to take as many a day). I was a little discouraged with the advice, but apparently he didn't get the memo about me being preggers. Miscommunication in the office, and they didn't put it in my file when I called so he was totally shocked when I told him. Also, this was our first time meeting (at 4 months post op!).

Just wanted to give everyone a quick update, and I'll try to continue to give more info as I get it. There sure isn't much info out there about this type of situation. I have read the other post on here though, and found that very helpful as well.

I just hope someday this will help someone else if they have the same thing happen.

Ok, so I figure it has been a couple of weeks, and I just wanted to update. I am now 10 wks preggo and have told just about everyone. This is the first...first for us, first grandbaby for both sets of our parents, and first great-grandbaby on my husband's side. Everyone is SOOO excited, and now I am terrified. I just can't seem to get much of my Protein in...everything that is good for me, turns my stomach. I've been pretty lucky, I really haven't thrown up much, but just the thought of food (especially protein) makes me ill. I'm even having trouble getting in all my fluids...I just want to hurl everytime I think about food or drinks.

I feel like I'm already starting to show, but that could be because I am still loosing in certain areas, and gaining in the waist. I have continued to loose weight, which they said is pretty normal, but I am now down a total of 68 lbs overall (about 6 lbs since I found out)and have gained a total of 3 inches in my waist-line since I found out. I am REALLY excited that I got below 250. That is the lowest I've been in years!!!!People at work are really excited for me, (I'm a special ed teacher for moderate to profound disabilities) but they keep asking if I'm sure I'm pregnant (from the back) since my hips and butt keep disappearing. YEAH!!

I am craving orange juice mostly, and have about a 1/2 cup a day for a treat...usually in the morning, cause I can't eat!! Ewww!

I am also changing Ob's cause I hate the hospital my original OB delivers at. I have my first appointment with them on Wednesday. I may have to get that pushed up, cause I'm having trouble with a possible UTI. (Sorry, TMI).

I Just want to say thank you for all the kind words, thoughts, and prayers! I don't regret this for a moment! This surgery has truely changed my life!

The first trimester is the worst. You only have a few more weeks so hopefully things will get easier. I haven't been sleeved yet, but had horrible morning , noon and night sickness. The only thing I could eat was beef Jerky for the first few months. It was weird, both times I have been pregnant, I just woke up one day and it was gone. Still had the issues with smells and certain foods. Still can't smell raw meat and my youngest is 2 years old. It is making me feel sick as I type this.

Congrats on your pregnancy!! If people wait until the perfect time to have children, most of us wouldn't be here.

Ok, so I figure it has been a couple of weeks, and I just wanted to update. I am now 10 wks preggo and have told just about everyone. This is the first...first for us, first grandbaby for both sets of our parents, and first great-grandbaby on my husband's side. Everyone is SOOO excited, and now I am terrified. I just can't seem to get much of my Protein in...everything that is good for me, turns my stomach. I've been pretty lucky, I really haven't thrown up much, but just the thought of food (especially protein) makes me ill. I'm even having trouble getting in all my fluids...I just want to hurl everytime I think about food or drinks.

I feel like I'm already starting to show, but that could be because I am still loosing in certain areas, and gaining in the waist. I have continued to loose weight, which they said is pretty normal, but I am now down a total of 68 lbs overall (about 6 lbs since I found out)and have gained a total of 3 inches in my waist-line since I found out. I am REALLY excited that I got below 250. That is the lowest I've been in years!!!!People at work are really excited for me, (I'm a special ed teacher for moderate to profound disabilities) but they keep asking if I'm sure I'm pregnant (from the back) since my hips and butt keep disappearing. YEAH!!

I am craving orange juice mostly, and have about a 1/2 cup a day for a treat...usually in the morning, cause I can't eat!! Ewww!

I am also changing Ob's cause I hate the hospital my original OB delivers at. I have my first appointment with them on Wednesday. I may have to get that pushed up, cause I'm having trouble with a possible UTI. (Sorry, TMI).

I Just want to say thank you for all the kind words, thoughts, and prayers! I don't regret this for a moment! This surgery has truely changed my life!

Have you tried the EAS Carb Control Protein shakes? They have 17 grams of Protein but a much smoother and lighter taste than most Protein Shakes. Just a suggestion to maybe help you out. They have them at Target and Walmart.< /p>

Congrats on the weight loss and the pregnancy :)

Congratulations! Just eat what you can, don't worry too much and you and baby will be fine! How exciting, the most wonderful that could have happened to you, you are so much healthier now so you'll deliver a lovely healthy baby :P