Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I have never lost my hunger. It is so confusing as to why I am still hungery. Now let me be clear. I am not nearly as hungery as I was before and its okay because it takes so little to fill me up. I mean string cheese and a few slices of lunch meat and I am full. So I'm not complaining but wondering why i still get hungery. Not acid. Nothing but hungery. Anyone else have hunger??

I still have hunger! But like you said it doesn't take much to get full. So it doesn't bother me. I'm not hungry 24/7... but I get hungry every 2-3 hours when I am supposed to eat... I eat a little, I'm full, and the cycle goes on. I am fine with it as long as I'm hungry when I'm supposed to be (and not all the time), and my small portions fill me up. At least it makes it easier to remember when I'm supposed to eat :)

Not everyone loses the hunger, unfortunately. So long as it's easily satisfied with a reasonable portion of food, I don't think it's anything to be concerned about.

I had that all day hunger and desire to eat pre-op, where even massive portions of food would leave me digging in the fridge for more food an hour later. If you experienced the same or similar, and now you're happy with some string cheese and some lunchmeat, that's significant.

I wouldn't worry about it at all. I'm pretty sure Tiffykins has said that she never lost the hunger but was able to satisfy it easily - and we all know what success she's had with her sleeve.

Stay on track and don't induldge in "bad" foods too often and you should be fine! I actually wish I did have at least a little hunger because there are days when I don't want to eat at all. Hunger is the normal and healthy way your body tells you to eat - setting a timer to eat the way I do isn't all it's cracked up to be.

Great job so far, by the way!

~Cheri

My hunger comes and goes now. I think long term its a good thing that we feel some hunger. Its not too helpful while losing but after I think its going to be a big plus.

The first few weeks after surgery when I felt absolutely zero hunger/interest in food made me feel alien. Now, I guess I experience hunger, but it's not hunger like I remember it, it's more like an emptiness.

Mine is like an empty feeling too. It causes me to want to get something right away. And that's probably a good thing, nutritionally since we don't want to become emaciated.

My husband is wondering when I'm going to stop losing. He thinks I look great now and he's worried that I won't be able to stop losing. I don't think that is anything to worry about because when I was 105 to 110 lbs, I ate very little food.

My goal is 130 and I know that the last 10 to 15 lbs should take longer to lose. So I know I just have to stay the course and keep filled up with the good nutritional foods. When I give in to the super foods - sweets and high cal/low nutrition foods - it still makes me crave them like it used to. But fortunately, most of the day I just can't eat something sweet. And those foods do not appeal to me. It makes me so happy I just can't tell you! Yay sleeve!