Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Young Mommies Band to Sleeve

How many kiddos do you girls have? Extra challenges recovering from something like this with little dependent kids at home wanting hugs. My little guy is so adorable, he makes a huge deal of kissing my hand!! He's like Mommy I'm going to put a million kisses on your hand so I don't hurt your belly! So then he's attacking my hand, kissing it. So sweet. I didn't have the heart to tell him that was my IV hand and it hurt like hell. lol....

My kids are 7 and 4. Oldest is a girl, youngest a boy. I went through an appendectomy when she was 6 months. Tough. I refused to rest and recover then and insisted on not slowing down. Then I went through having a new baby with a toddler around... tough, but I think you kinda have to adjust and let the older one learn to do some things on their own! lol! Then going through lapband last summer. I think even a year ago I notice a difference in their independence. They are so much able to do more this time around, not so needy of me. I still have the mommy guilt, but I am not letting it bring me down. I think I'll always have it for some reason!! But they are doing okay. My daughter always wants to see my belly and wants me to explain things to her. She's so serious. She'll be my doctor some day. Little guy like I said just is lovable and doesn't want his mommy to hurt. My daughter keeps saying.. mommy you are going to get so healthy and shrink up just like me and then we're going to be able to be healthy as a family and do things together. She GETS IT!!!

Check in mommies! :blush:

I have a 12 yr old son, and he's super independent. During my recovery, he insisted on not being a burden, helping me with anything and everything. He's definitely a momma's boy, and we bonded a lot during my extensive recovery. My husband was deployed, and we didn't have anyone else here to really depend on. Least to say, he is super proud of me, but he worried constantly through my recovery, and 2nd hospitalization.

I had a woman ask me if I felt guilt over putting my husband and son through hell during my revision, and recovery. During that time, yes, I felt horrible that they worried about me, I felt horrible that I couldn't get out and enjoy our Florida summer with my son, but at the same time, I knew that it would all be worth it in the end. My family now reaps the benefits of my weight loss more than any of us imagined. My son is proud of me, he loves being able to reach his arms all the way around me. He especially loves that we're eating better as a family. He loves that I'm more active with him. I'm no longer just a spectator in his life, I'm a player and we both love it. VSG changed how we enjoy our time as a family, and I'm so grateful that they supported me through it all.

Tiffy,

That makes what we are all doing so worth it! That is why I got that damn band and that is why I am going to Mexico in 2 weeks to get my sleeve, so I can be a PART of my kids lives not just watch it happen!

You are a great inspiration to us all!

Patti

I have three kids: 12, 7, and 5. I am nervous about recovery, but I know in the end it will be best for all of us. I am so unhappy about my weight and I feel it keeps me from being the best mom that I can be. I can't wait to finally get a chance to be healthy and active! I also want this band out asap!