Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Closing in on 16 months post op

Oh life is grand! ! !

I'm close to 16 months out, and honestly, I'm just living life. I usually forget I even had surgery, and food is just an afterthought.

Some questions I get frequently:

1) What are you eating?

Literally, the answer is anything and everything I want. Nothing is off limits, nothing bothers me, I do still remain mindful of white carbs, but I eat them. I do steer clear of a lot of fried foods. I didn't eat fried foods pre-op, and I still don't enjoy them post-op.

2) How often do you eat?

4-6 meals per day - I do not track my intake anymore. I eat whatever I want, and go about my day. I've been easily maintaining for about 5.5 months now, and I still have amazing restriction. I can eat 1 slice of thin crust pizza, 6-8oz of chili (if I put crackers in it, it's closer to just 6oz of actual chili), I can eat a small side salad and 1/3 of a chicken breast. I still hate Breakfast foods so I typically don't eat until 9ish.

Do you drink coffee, tea, sodas? Yes to all 3. I drink on average a soda(not diet) every other day, 20-24oz of coffee with full fat french vanilla creamer/2 splendas, and I drink sweet tea when I go out to eat.

Do you have excess skin? I lost 145lbs, you betcha I have excess skin. BUT, it is not grotesque looking, nor do I have a bunch of sagging going on. I have wrinkly skin on my inner thighs, bottom on my butt cheek, and tummy. My arms are kind wrinkly and I have a little bit of sag, but not anything that is horrible.

Do you workout? No, and I have not worked out since February. I know, I know, but seriously I lost my workout mojo after my gallbladder surgery. I did weight train, and cardio/core/ab workouts hardcore from 4 months out to 8 months out. I have noticed that I'm a bit more flabby these days so I'm going to start Zumba again this next week with some girlfriends and see if I can get my mojo back. I'd love to tone up more, but I'm not losing sleep over a little flabbiness. When I'm wearing a size 2 most of the time, a little flab isn't making me rush out to the gym.

Other that that, I'm just a busy, busy lady. I'm back to bowling every week (our league takes a break during the summer), and I'm back to all my social/volunteer activities. I even started working again after having to resign from my job as an insurance agent last summer due to my complications. I'm a direct sales associate for lia sophia jewelry, and I'm kicking ass and taking names. I thought I would just do it for fun, score some free jewelry here and there, and just have something to do on the side. Well, least to say, I'm rocking and rolling, making money, earning tons of free fabulous jewelry, and loving every minute of it. I really can't believe just this time last year, I was getting released to return to normal activity, and I was finally off all my meds, and didn't have some sort of drain attached to my body somewhere.

I seriously can not express how lucky I am to be alive, much less living this amazing life that has been afforded to me because of the sleeve. We are still trying to conceive, and have started the fertility stuff with our insurance. But, thanks to the Obama care, Tricare's coverage has been cut, and some of the treatments, and services have been nixed. YAY YAY for healthcare reform *Insert sarcasm*. Anyways, we're still trying, and we will stand strong in our desires to have a healthy pregnancy, and deliver a fabulous, healthy baby.

I am looking into some facial plastic surgery stuff. Just because I'm vain, and since my face isn't fat anymore, I have more wrinkles than I care to have at the ripe age of 33.

My advice to everyone regardless of where you are on your journey is to NOT give up on yourself. You are worth it, you are worth every tear, you deserve every victory regardless of how tiny it may seem to anyone else, relish those moments, don't take for granted the little things, and don't set yourself up for failure. Nix the negative, and accentuate the positive ! ! !

Obligatory before pic: 270lbs size 22/24W

tiffykins-albums-tiff-s-collection-picture479-february-2008-getting-my-phoenix-tat-my-highest-weight.jpg

After 124lbs, size 2 (this was taken 4 nights ago at one of my jewelry shows, the only editing done is me cropping out my girlfriends) It's not the greatest quality due to being taken with a camera phone, but hey you get the idea ! ! !

tiffykins-albums-tiff-s-collection-picture2650-sept2010-size-2-babyyyyyy-size-2.jpg

Edited by Tiffykins

Fab update Tiff - thanks... although I can't see the photo.....thanks for all the support you give to us all on here.

Tiffykins, I can't tell you thank you enough. Your posts are the best. Seriously consider writing a book. You can tell that you have already done tons of research and your posts have that plus what is missing from most of the info out there, a raw honesty straight from the heart. To top it off you have a seemingly natural style of writing that draws the reader in and brings life and heart to an otherwise scary journey. I haven't had my surgery yet, but your posts are ones that keep me coming back every day and keep me from giving up the insurance battle.

Edited by Eureka-C

I was amazed by you on my first day here, and I'm still amazed by you. If my journey turns out to be half as successful as yours, I know I'll be in good shape. Thanks! (Not sure what I'd do with the jewelry, though. :001_tt2:

Dave

Oh life is grand! ! !

I'm close to 16 months out, and honestly, I'm just living life. I usually forget I even had surgery, and food is just an afterthought.

Some questions I get frequently:

1) What are you eating?

Literally, the answer is anything and everything I want. Nothing is off limits, nothing bothers me, I do still remain mindful of white carbs, but I eat them. I do steer clear of a lot of fried foods. I didn't eat fried foods pre-op, and I still don't enjoy them post-op.

2) How often do you eat?

4-6 meals per day - I do not track my intake anymore. I eat whatever I want, and go about my day. I've been easily maintaining for about 5.5 months now, and I still have amazing restriction. I can eat 1 slice of thin crust pizza, 6-8oz of chili (if I put crackers in it, it's closer to just 6oz of actual chili), I can eat a small side salad and 1/3 of a chicken breast. I still hate breakfast foods so I typically don't eat until 9ish.

Do you drink coffee, tea, sodas? Yes to all 3. I drink on average a soda(not diet) every other day, 20-24oz of coffee with full fat french vanilla creamer/2 splendas, and I drink sweet tea when I go out to eat.

Do you have excess skin? I lost 145lbs, you betcha I have excess skin. BUT, it is not grotesque looking, nor do I have a bunch of sagging going on. I have wrinkly skin on my inner thighs, bottom on my butt cheek, and tummy. My arms are kind wrinkly and I have a little bit of sag, but not anything that is horrible.

Do you workout? No, and I have not worked out since February. I know, I know, but seriously I lost my workout mojo after my gallbladder surgery. I did weight train, and cardio/core/ab workouts hardcore from 4 months out to 8 months out. I have noticed that I'm a bit more flabby these days so I'm going to start Zumba again this next week with some girlfriends and see if I can get my mojo back. I'd love to tone up more, but I'm not losing sleep over a little flabbiness. When I'm wearing a size 2 most of the time, a little flab isn't making me rush out to the gym.

Other that that, I'm just a busy, busy lady. I'm back to bowling every week (our league takes a break during the summer), and I'm back to all my social/volunteer activities. I even started working again after having to resign from my job as an insurance agent last summer due to my complications. I'm a direct sales associate for lia sophia jewelry, and I'm kicking ass and taking names. I thought I would just do it for fun, score some free jewelry here and there, and just have something to do on the side. Well, least to say, I'm rocking and rolling, making money, earning tons of free fabulous jewelry, and loving every minute of it. I really can't believe just this time last year, I was getting released to return to normal activity, and I was finally off all my meds, and didn't have some sort of drain attached to my body somewhere.

I seriously can not express how lucky I am to be alive, much less living this amazing life that has been afforded to me because of the sleeve. We are still trying to conceive, and have started the fertility stuff with our insurance. But, thanks to the Obama care, Tricare's coverage has been cut, and some of the treatments, and services have been nixed. YAY YAY for healthcare reform *Insert sarcasm*. Anyways, we're still trying, and we will stand strong in our desires to have a healthy pregnancy, and deliver a fabulous, healthy baby.

I am looking into some facial plastic surgery stuff. Just because I'm vain, and since my face isn't fat anymore, I have more wrinkles than I care to have at the ripe age of 33.

My advice to everyone regardless of where you are on your journey is to NOT give up on yourself. You are worth it, you are worth every tear, you deserve every victory regardless of how tiny it may seem to anyone else, relish those moments, don't take for granted the little things, and don't set yourself up for failure. Nix the negative, and accentuate the positive ! ! !

Obligatory before pic: 270lbs size 22/24W

tiffykins-albums-tiff-s-collection-picture479-february-2008-getting-my-phoenix-tat-my-highest-weight.jpg

After 124lbs, size 2 (this was taken 4 nights ago at one of my jewelry shows, the only editing done is me cropping out my girlfriends) It's not the greatest quality due to being taken with a camera phone, but hey you get the idea ! ! !

tiffykins-albums-tiff-s-collection-picture2650-sept2010-size-2-babyyyyyy-size-2.jpg

Tiffy, you have always been my inspiration and always will be. . you have done so fabulous and your such a beautiful person both inside and out. . .i'm

really proud to call you my friend!

I really like your hair like that and that color....it's a great look on you.

You look fabulous and I'm glad you're maintaining so easily...I hope 1. to get to goal and 2. to be able maintain like you are!

Thank YOU for continuing to inspire me! It's amazing that when discussing my weight loss and procedure with people I always mention this forum...telling them...and if you have any questions, need advice, or fabulous inspiration---SEE TIFFYKINS!!! :thumbup1: It's amazing how the ripple effect of positivity reverberates thanks to people like YOU! :glare: Continued luck to you Tiffykins~ :)

Your stats are AWESOME. I can not see the pics tho. I too have used your name when I'm talking to peeps at work or at home about success stories.

Tiffy, please keep up your no nonsense attitude and thank you for being an inspiration to all of us.

When's your book coming out??

Deb

P.S. I am a sucker for jewelry. Do you have a website?:thumbup1:

I am so happy for all of your success! It keeps all of us motivated to get to where you are!:001_tongue:

Tiff,

not much to add really apart from... WOW!!!

What an inspiration to me and all of us!! Good luck in all your goals; your drive and deetermination will get you wherever you need to be... xx

Tiffy, lovely and inspirational words as usual, your journey has been and still is incredible, all I can say is I admire your strength of character, you are lovely on the inside and outside!

Hi Tiff, you look great. I want to thank you again for being such a book of knowledge to everyone on this site. You have been my greatest source of information from the time I started thinking about the sleeve last year.:001_tongue:

Tiff. we are about at the same point in the process and I 100% agree with you. I am older than you so the baby thing is way past me and I wish you all the luck in the world with this, if anyone deserves this happiness you do darling. I am continually impressed by your willingness to help others, you are a treasure.

Jane x