Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Game. ON. (3 days post-op)

*grinnin ear to ear* *pls excuse the jumble/typos - blogging via crackberry* Heyyyyyyyyyyyy!!! ((This will just be a quickie update until I can get to a pc)) I made it to the other side!! Not w/out a few obstacles. But 3 days post-op, and I feel pretty great. My surgery was on Tuesday, and today...I'm in amazement. 1st of all - the pain that I anticipated wasn't the issue - my biggest prob has been nausea. Like, morning sickness on crack. The. Worst. *blah* And other then my BP going thru the roof and them having to admit me to ICU b/c of it...everything else went off with out a hitch. I was up walking by wednesday eve, and kept it going yesterday...(And looking forward to putting on some kicks and walking the block I'd be remiss if I didn't say that Potomac Hospital (in Woodbridge, VA) freekin rocks! Dr. Halmi & staff made this experience a great one, as far as surgery goes. Now, the pure craziness? I started at 310# pre-liquid diet. Today, I weighed? I'm already down to 283#! *gadzooks* I'm still sorta-kinda in disbelief, really. I had to go buy new pannies today...like, WTH? *laughing wildly* I will say - I'm. More. Motivated. Than. Ever. Tomorrow, I'm gonna take a stroll down by the water...then after my follow-up, I'm gonna hit step class once a week. But the real excitement for me? Going back to bellydancing class. I have never felt sexier than after a good belly-dance workout. Just beware - you may end up knocked up, like I did! (Quiet as kept ladies - one of THE best workouts you'll ever get. Total body, plus the added "benefits" that come with working the Yoni *wink, wink, wink* - anyone in the DC area down, we can try to meet up for a class. Check out Dr. Sunyatta at: MamaSita Home) In any event - I just wanted to send out a collective thank you to all my friends/fam - real world & online - who have been praying for me and supporting me and encouraging me beyond belief. I could NOT have done this without you. More follow-up's as the transformation continues...but for now, sweet sleep!

Welcome to the loser's bench! I'm glad everything went well for you.

AniO

ooo, bellydancing sounds like funnn!!! I think I'll try that once my stitches heal etc. I definitely want to do something to keep that part as tight as possible.

Congrats girl, keep up the good work!

CONGRATS GURL. It only gets better and better each day. My pre op diet started on Aug. 3 and I was 304 pounds. I am now down to 248 pounds and four jean sizes. THE SLEEVE ROCKS!!!!! :thumbup1:

You guys need to try Zumba and pole dancing. I think you will get a kick out of both.

Good luck and best wishes to everyone!!!!!

Deb

Wow . . . that's amazing! Keep us updated on your progress. Can't wait til' I'm on the losers bench too. lol Congrats! :-)

Glad you are doing well now! Can't wait to join you! Keep it up!:thumbup:

Well I guess we are on the same boat. I too had surgery on Tuesday. Everything went well for me as well. The worse pain for me was the catheter and the horrible gas pains. But I'm up walkin around. I'm a little constipated and I'm sure once I have a bowl movement ill feel much better

Glad you are doing well now! Can't wait to join you! Keep it up!:thumbup:

CONGRATS GURL. It only gets better and better each day. My pre op diet started on Aug. 3 and I was 304 pounds. I am now down to 248 pounds and four jean sizes. THE SLEEVE ROCKS!!!!! :thumbup:

You guys need to try Zumba and pole dancing. I think you will get a kick out of both.

Good luck and best wishes to everyone!!!!!

Deb

Hi

I was wondering how long are we suposed to do the pre op diet and is there just a liquid diet also befor surgery?

I was just told of the liver shrinking diet and it is like the Atkins diet

and then I have been reading about a liquid diet before surgery does any one know if that is true then how long am I suposed to be on liquid only?

Lisa

Hi Ms Lisa, I think it depends on your doctor. Mine said he would put me on a South Beach diet. So I would just ask your doctor.

Miss Vanish, I love bellydancing! I have been taking classes twice a week for over 2 years. I am really going to miss it while I heal. I think all the stomach isolations might be hard on the stitches, so I hope Its not tooo long. Rock on sister Bellydance! I hope to get the surgery in January. Let me know how it goes in class when you start.

Congratulations! I was sleeved the day before you and suffered with crazy nausea as well - never knew it could get that bad - your description was accurate! But by Wednesday morning I felt pretty good. Just got home a few minutes ago. So glad to be on the other side now. . .

Good luck with your progress!

Hey Girl..

So glad everything went well for you..Congrats on the weight loss :)..I am right behind you. I pickup my Optifast today and start it on Tuesday the 5th. Surgery on the 19th with Dr. Halmi at Potomac Hospital also...

Keep up the good work and pls keep in touch..

Connie :(

*grinnin ear to ear* *pls excuse the jumble/typos - blogging via crackberry* Heyyyyyyyyyyyy!!! ((This will just be a quickie update until I can get to a pc)) I made it to the other side!! Not w/out a few obstacles. But 3 days post-op, and I feel pretty great. My surgery was on Tuesday, and today...I'm in amazement. 1st of all - the pain that I anticipated wasn't the issue - my biggest prob has been nausea. Like, morning sickness on crack. The. Worst. *blah* And other then my BP going thru the roof and them having to admit me to ICU b/c of it...everything else went off with out a hitch. I was up walking by wednesday eve, and kept it going yesterday...(And looking forward to putting on some kicks and walking the block I'd be remiss if I didn't say that Potomac Hospital (in Woodbridge, VA) freekin rocks! Dr. Halmi & staff made this experience a great one, as far as surgery goes. Now, the pure craziness? I started at 310# pre-liquid diet. Today, I weighed? I'm already down to 283#! *gadzooks* I'm still sorta-kinda in disbelief, really. I had to go buy new pannies today...like, WTH? *laughing wildly* I will say - I'm. More. Motivated. Than. Ever. Tomorrow, I'm gonna take a stroll down by the Water...then after my follow-up, I'm gonna hit step class once a week. But the real excitement for me? Going back to bellydancing class. I have never felt sexier than after a good belly-dance workout. Just beware - you may end up knocked up, like I did! (Quiet as kept ladies - one of THE best workouts you'll ever get. Total body, plus the added "benefits" that come with working the Yoni *wink, wink, wink* - anyone in the DC area down, we can try to meet up for a class. Check out Dr. Sunyatta at: MamaSita Home) In any event - I just wanted to send out a collective thank you to all my friends/fam - real world & online - who have been praying for me and supporting me and encouraging me beyond belief. I could NOT have done this without you. More follow-up's as the transformation continues...but for now, sweet sleep!

*grinnin ear to ear* *pls excuse the jumble/typos - blogging via crackberry* Heyyyyyyyyyyyy!!! ((This will just be a quickie update until I can get to a pc)) I made it to the other side!! Not w/out a few obstacles. But 3 days post-op, and I feel pretty great. My surgery was on Tuesday, and today...I'm in amazement. 1st of all - the pain that I anticipated wasn't the issue - my biggest prob has been nausea. Like, morning sickness on crack. The. Worst. *blah* And other then my BP going thru the roof and them having to admit me to ICU b/c of it...everything else went off with out a hitch. I was up walking by wednesday eve, and kept it going yesterday...(And looking forward to putting on some kicks and walking the block I'd be remiss if I didn't say that Potomac Hospital (in Woodbridge, VA) freekin rocks! Dr. Halmi & staff made this experience a great one, as far as surgery goes. Now, the pure craziness? I started at 310# pre-liquid diet. Today, I weighed? I'm already down to 283#! *gadzooks* I'm still sorta-kinda in disbelief, really. I had to go buy new pannies today...like, WTH? *laughing wildly* I will say - I'm. More. Motivated. Than. Ever. Tomorrow, I'm gonna take a stroll down by the Water...then after my follow-up, I'm gonna hit step class once a week. But the real excitement for me? Going back to bellydancing class. I have never felt sexier than after a good belly-dance workout. Just beware - you may end up knocked up, like I did! (Quiet as kept ladies - one of THE best workouts you'll ever get. Total body, plus the added "benefits" that come with working the Yoni *wink, wink, wink* - anyone in the DC area down, we can try to meet up for a class. Check out Dr. Sunyatta at: MamaSita Home) In any event - I just wanted to send out a collective thank you to all my friends/fam - real world & online - who have been praying for me and supporting me and encouraging me beyond belief. I could NOT have done this without you. More follow-up's as the transformation continues...but for now, sweet sleep!

Congrats! I'm glad you're feeling better! I was sleeved on Monday and today is the first day I'm actually starting to feel better. My BP is sky high right now, too, and I've been put on meds, but hopefully that will end soon.

Keep it up!

Hi

I was wondering how long are we suposed to do the pre op diet and is there just a liquid diet also befor surgery?

I was just told of the liver shrinking diet and it is like the Atkins diet

and then I have been reading about a liquid diet before surgery does any one know if that is true then how long am I suposed to be on liquid only?

Lisa

ms lisa

you should deffinatly give your doc a call they are all so different. Mine has me doing 1200 cal low carb high protien up untill 10 days before then I start with 4 protien shakes plust one low carb veggie salad with lemon juice yippy!!!!!

Dr. Halmi will take good care of you. As will Renato, and the other BP gang. They made it as good an experience as possible. It will be a rough week, but not the most unbearable thing ever. Pain was minimal, and the results have been optimal. I'm here if you have any more specific questions... you can msg me/email me...

Hey Girl..

So glad everything went well for you..Congrats on the weight loss :thumbup:..I am right behind you. I pickup my Optifast today and start it on Tuesday the 5th. Surgery on the 19th with Dr. Halmi at Potomac Hospital also...

Keep up the good work and pls keep in touch..

Connie :)