Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey everyone I'm just wondering how we change the stery strips I got these lil tapes for underneath the bandage she never gave me the the top bandage just the tape so do take the top off nd just change the strips of tape? I'm 2 days post op iv cryed a few times I just feel like I'm not getting enough liquid I feel weak nd tired most of the time. Iv tryed some chicken broth today not very much tho

I'm not changing my steristrips. I thought tthose were important to keep our incisions closed! All I have to change is the padding over the jp drain.

I think you should just give a call to your nurse or something and check in. Plus if you're weak and feeling awful, how can you think straight? Try some Protein. It helped me a lot. I found the proasis Protein Shots at riteaid and most drugstores have them, even if they're nasty. it helped with the weakness feling and stuff.

Feel better!!! (((Hugs))))

selvester420...that big bubble is acid reflux and it hurts! If you didn't get a prescription for something call your nurse and ask for it. Now that I seem to have the under control (pepcid every 12 hours with a chewable maalox in between) I am feeling much better. Sip as much as you can. I am pretty much always nursing a Protein Shake that I make with Water, but I feel weak too.

The restlessness is good because moving around as much as possible will help you feel better faster. By a week a felt pretty good and by 2 weeks I pretty much forgot I had surgery. You will get there!

I had to chill about calories and Protein for a while to. I was super dehydrated and had to drink orange drink from McDonalds and I felt super guilty, but believe me your goal at this point is just to get hydrated, you will have plenty of time to track all the other fun stuff, honest!

Thanks.

They keep emphasizing the 60 grams of Protein like you'll keel over and die if you don't get that protein right away. I know there have been many windows of a week or two in my life where I was not getting that much protein. I'm an October date. I want to get in as much protein as I can but if I only get 30 grams but enough Fluid in those first days, I'll be happy. By 10-12 days or so I'll start to get serious about the 60 grams, but it's nice to have someone who's been there say there will be time to get the rest of the stuff in order.

Today (day 3 post op) I got in about 30 grams of Protein and 25 oz of Water. Not were I should be, but an improvement over yesterday. I'll shoot for higher numbers tomorrow!

cool you may have been in the same hospital!?! lol....

My nurse said while 60g of Protein is a good daily measure in general, during these first two weeks, just aim for 40g. So I'm averaging 30-40 a day right now. Not sure how many total ounces of liquid. I've also moved to Jello and popsicles.

OMG my husband found crystal light popsicles in Walmart. Very good and sugar free. Sorry I may have already mentioned this. lol...

ALso.. does anyone still have Fluid in their lungs, like a coughing/wheezing kind of sound? I am trying to deep breathe as much as I can and cough strongly to keep my lungs clear, but it's tough. Would an inhaler help too? ANy thoughts?

Jordien...you might want to call in about the lungs. If you have mucus settling that could easily turn into something else. They may want to give you something for it. Lovin the idea of Crystal Lite Popsicles :glare: I need to look for those!

Well, I was able to sleep on my side a bit last night. That felt good. My back has been killing me! I got a good 5.5 hours, which is the longet I have slept sinec surgery. Felt good :thumbup1:

It's been a week since mine (looks like we're a thread full of Mondays!) and I totally still have that restless feeling. I want to be more active but at the same time it's hard to have energy without being able to get much in my stomach. I've been working on a drinkable yogurt since this morning and have pretty much had a running headache for the last 3 days. Still, I've seen little improvements every day. Last night I enjoyed a little bit of sleep on my side which was amazing, and I haven't napped once today. I'm completely off pain medication too-- I only feel a little ouch when I move wrong and a suture line stretches.

I think we'll all start feeling worlds better once we can get more nutrition in our bodies. We're kinda starving at this point. Definitely do your best to stay hydrated and get your Protein, that's the only thing keeping me from feeling like a total zombie.

Hey Gayle! We have the same surgery date and live in the same city! Where was your surgery done? Mine was at Madigan.

Hi Mashezia: I had my surgery at Madigan. My doctor is Sebasta. He was nice.

I'm 9 days post-op and making it!! I read your ticket that you lost 88lbs.. that is excellent! I'm going to follow your footsteps! =)

Are you originally from Tacoma? I'm from San Diego. Husband and I have been living here for two years. =)

Hey Mashezia and gayle...just realized you are both in Tacoma. Loved the Northwest! My dad was stationed at Fort Lewis for 3.5 years and I graduated from high school there. If there was any other place I would live, it would be Washington...rain and all :)

Hey Gayle! We should hook up for tea or something! My surgeon was Sebesta as well! I'm sure we probably completed the pathway together! My surgery was on the 17th.

I lost the majority of my weight before surgery. My highest was 280 when pregnant with my last baby and this morning I was 191! I can't believe it. That's 15 pounds since surgery and I'm a light weight (according to Sebesta) so I didn't expect to do that well.

I'm a bad patient and have moved myself to mushies but liquids was leaving me exhausted and I had to come back to work.

I'm originally from Alabama. My hubby is in 4th brigade. What about your hubby? Send me a private message anytime...we really should connect!