Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

northern virginia sleevers?!?!?

hi all, i'm in arlington and still gong to endless seminars. i'd love to know which programs people have used. hated arlington/va hospital ctr seminar, and they've only done 12 anyway, loved sibley in dc, but they've only done 7, didn't want rny from gw, though great program, and now going to seminar at fairfax next week. i'm exhausted!!!!!!! would love to get in touch with some local folks! :thumbup1:

Hello!! Just moved to Fairfax, VA (9/21/10) and had VSG (Mexico) in March, 2010. I am doing awesome and loving my new lifestyle. So far, 95 lbs down in a little over 6mths. I am looking for a support group in the area and would love to hook up and provide advice, counsel and/or support with others. Feel free to share information as to where the support group may be in the area.

Blessings!

Brenda:thumbup1:

Hi..

Connie here..I live in Stafford VA. I just started my 2 week Optifast today. My surgery is on 19 Oct in Potomac Hospital in Woodbridge. My surgeon is Dr. Halmi of the BluePoint Surgery Group.

Connie

hi all, i'm in arlington and still gong to endless seminars. i'd love to know which programs people have used. hated arlington/va hospital ctr seminar, and they've only done 12 anyway, loved sibley in dc, but they've only done 7, didn't want rny from gw, though great program, and now going to seminar at fairfax next week. i'm exhausted!!!!!!! would love to get in touch with some local folks! :thumbup1:

Hi! I had my sleeve done at Sibley on Monday. I feel great. The only "pain" is some gassy issues with drinking Water. I would recommend Sibley without hesitation. The whole process was easy and quick (although I was a self-pay patient, so that definitely helped the process along). Dr. Long did a super job, and I couldn't be more pleased, so far!

I am here in Montgomery County Maryland. Have been to a few seminars but I have one more appointment to complete all of my steps needed before surgery. Although I began my journey in Montgomery county, my doctor moved to Baltimore at Sinai hospital so after researching docs here in Montgomery county and Frederick county, I do not want to pay program fees all over again so I will be staying with my doc in baltimore

Hi. I'm here in Fredericksburg, VA. I started my journey to a VSG in September 2010 at Washington Hospital in DC. My surgeon is Dr. Timothy Shope. I found Dr. Shope through my insurance company, he was the only bariatric surgeon in the area they would cover. The Bariatric Surgery Center at the hospital is great. There were several requirements to meet (nutrionist visits (3-6), psych eval, excercise physiologist meeting, support group attendance, and a web tutorial). The staff is truly invested in your progress. The only down side for me is the commute to DC for doctor's visits but it's worth it to have a good doctor.

I am super excited and a little nervous about my surgery which is scheduled for Jan 26, 2011.

Hello NoVA sleevers!! I had my sleeve done on 3/9 with Dr Halmi at Bluepoint Surgical in Woodbridge. It has been fantastic and every one at Bluepoint are wonderful! I hope to hear more from those in NoVA.

Hi all. I'm in Chantilly VA and had my sleeve done 2/7/11 in Costa Rica with Dr. Quesada. I've had no problems what so ever and have lost 40 pounds so far. I love seeing others in the area are going through the same thing I have. Feel free to ask any questions and I'll answer to the best of my abilities.

Hi all! had my sleeve done 1/10 with dr. long at sibley. couldn't be more pleased with him, the job he did, and the folks at the weight loss center!! i've lost 39 lbs and very pleased with that, though not as fast as some people. can't stomach Protein shakes (literally make me sick) so i've got tons of those and nothing to do with them. anyone need samples?

seems like we could figure out a way to get together. now, arlington seems like the best place in the middle of f-burg and md, but that's just me. what do you guys think?!?!?

so glad to see another sibley pt on here!!! love the program and would recommend to anyone in dc area!!!

c'mon, let's figure out a time to get together!!!! ann :P

Hello all,

I live in Maryland but my sister lives in Fairfax so I am over there all the time. If you all plan a meet and greet I would love to attend. No one understands what we are going through except eachother! I have felt everything from Joy to frustration to excitment! Hope to get to meet some of you!

Denise

:thumbup1:

I am currently staying in NOVA, at Ft. Belvoir but I am buying a house in Maryland by Ft. Meade! I had my surgery in NY at the Army Hospital at West Point! almost 5 months out and doing FANTASTIC!

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

let's see what we can plan! my surgery was 1/10 at Sibley, love Dr. Long and the rest of the staff, had a rough second night but feel great now. not sure how we can get together (i'm not a great planner!). does anyone have an idea?????

wooo-hooo!

I second the vote for Arlington (but that is just me being selfish, since I live in Arlington...)

Let's take a poll for dates: are weekends better for people? A Saturday vs. A Sunday? lunch vs. dinner?

My vote is a Saturday afternoon. How about April 30 or May 14? That gives people time to plan...

As for a place: Lebanese Taverna has small plates packed with Protein... Great food choices for us! There is one at Pentagon Row.

What do you all think? I am just tossing out ideas, hoping to get the ball rolling.

Lauri