Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My own "What have I done?" moment has come.. please help

OH NO! Maybe it was too soon to go back to work girlie!!!! You just had major surgery! Please take it easy and REST and take care of yourself!!! PLEASE!!! You're in my prayers!!!

Hey sweetie. You may be pleased to hear that I've had a chat with my boyfriend and he has convinced me that I should wait another week before going back to work.

I am only contracting there and it is the most enjoyable job I've ever had. They have indicated that there is a full time position for me and were due to make an official offer on my return to work.

I didn't want to be off for too long in case it makes them change their mind, I really want this job and to make a good impression.

But as my BF says, if they like me that much they will offer me the job anyway. They know I've had major surgery, and four extra days won't make that much difference to them, but it will make a huge difference to my recovery.

So now I can relax knowing that I no longer have only 4 days left til I go back, I have 10. Hooray! xx

So,so glad you are waiting on going back to work!!! I was worried about that!!! :)

Aww thanks KKB. Really sweet of you :thumbup: xx

You guys are all just too flipping lovely, you know that?

Hey sweetie. You may be pleased to hear that I've had a chat with my boyfriend and he has convinced me that I should wait another week before going back to work.

I am only contracting there and it is the most enjoyable job I've ever had. They have indicated that there is a full time position for me and were due to make an official offer on my return to work.

I didn't want to be off for too long in case it makes them change their mind, I really want this job and to make a good impression.

But as my BF says, if they like me that much they will offer me the job anyway. They know I've had major surgery, and four extra days won't make that much difference to them, but it will make a huge difference to my recovery.

So now I can relax knowing that I no longer have only 4 days left til I go back, I have 10. Hooray! xx

Good news girlie :)...from literally 1 day to the next made a HUGE difference for me. I'm glad you have more time to recover :).

Yup Sleeve that is exactly true, each day is a huge bonus in healing. Her getting 4 more days will be totally in her favor. Good call guys.

Hey Two Steps,

This is truly a metabolic problem we have, not a character flaw. Did you know the stats on someone getting to goal and having more than 100 lbs to lose only has a 4% chance of keeping it off for 5 years??? The odds were very much against you getting to goal without this great tool.

You ARE doing this on your own. No one had the surgery for you. No one is eating that Spartan diet for you. No one is taking on your pain or the other things we get to feel as we heal. This was certainly not the easy way out of a lifetime of health issues, but it IS a way out. and you are taking proactive steps to make the rest of your life and that of your future children, healthier.

I am 53. If I had to do all over again, would I have? Absolutely!! My only regret is that I didn't do it 20 years ago. Of course, I couldn't since I just learned of the sleeve this year. And I didn't know that I was going to spend 30 years battling my weight and losing the war miserably.

I envy you getting to healthy YOUNGER. And you will always have the tool to help you stay there. You are doing great!!! Congratulations and keep up the good work. Never regret what you have done to help yourself and your future family. Remember once you are back to great health you will make a concerted effort to keep your future kids healthy too. And they will have a GREAT role model. They will learn to eat to live, not live to eat. And that's all they will know! I have two kids your age who are fighting the weight war too. Of course, they haven't had as long to get as large as I did. I only hope they don't get to that point. But, if they do, I will urge them to not wait as long as I did to do something drastic. How brave of you to take that bull by the horns and deal with it definitively as you did. I commend you!

GG

Thanks S4M, MP8 and GG! Lovely to wake up to! xx

Hey Two Steps,

This is truly a metabolic problem we have, not a character flaw. Did you know the stats on someone getting to goal and having more than 100 lbs to lose only has a 4% chance of keeping it off for 5 years??? The odds were very much against you getting to goal without this great tool.

You ARE doing this on your own. No one had the surgery for you. No one is eating that Spartan diet for you. No one is taking on your pain or the other things we get to feel as we heal. This was certainly not the easy way out of a lifetime of health issues, but it IS a way out. and you are taking proactive steps to make the rest of your life and that of your future children, healthier.

I am 53. If I had to do all over again, would I have? Absolutely!! My only regret is that I didn't do it 20 years ago. Of course, I couldn't since I just learned of the sleeve this year. And I didn't know that I was going to spend 30 years battling my weight and losing the war miserably.

I envy you getting to healthy YOUNGER. And you will always have the tool to help you stay there. You are doing great!!! Congratulations and keep up the good work. Never regret what you have done to help yourself and your future family. Remember once you are back to great health you will make a concerted effort to keep your future kids healthy too. And they will have a GREAT role model. They will learn to eat to live, not live to eat. And that's all they will know! I have two kids your age who are fighting the weight war too. Of course, they haven't had as long to get as large as I did. I only hope they don't get to that point. But, if they do, I will urge them to not wait as long as I did to do something drastic. How brave of you to take that bull by the horns and deal with it definitively as you did. I commend you!

GG

I agree with every single thing you're saying! I'm 41, have been on a diet since I was 9, yes 9 yrs old! Scientific evidence show us that diets do not work, and from my own experience I know they don't, only temporarily and then most people put on all the weight and more! I feel very proud of my self and of all you guys who have gone/are going through the same as me. I have 3 lovely girls, 12yrs, 10yrs and 10 months and a lovely husband who supports me and I thank God for that! Best luck to all of you, all those feelings are normal, I think every morning I wake up I can only get better and move forwards in every aspect of my life, and I'm loving it:001_wub:

I agree with every single thing you're saying! I'm 41, have been on a diet since I was 9, yes 9 yrs old! Scientific evidence show us that diets do not work, and from my own experience I know they don't, only temporarily and then most people put on all the weight and more! I feel very proud of my self and of all you guys who have gone/are going through the same as me. I have 3 lovely girls, 12yrs, 10yrs and 10 months and a lovely husband who supports me and I thank God for that! Best luck to all of you, all those feelings are normal, I think every morning I wake up I can only get better and move forwards in every aspect of my life, and I'm loving it:001_wub:

That is awesome Chilo. You sound like you're in a really good place. I am so very happy for you. :)

Well first of all, HUGS! Thank you so much for sharing the truth. It will help pre-sleevers prepare for the emotions to come soon. Still, after reading about your concerns, I know that the life I am living now is not a happy one and the surgery is worth it. I am passing on my horrible eating habits to my kids and it has to stop. I know there will be ups and downs, but we have each other to get us through it. Happiness is in our future!!!!

Well first of all, HUGS! Thank you so much for sharing the truth. It will help pre-sleevers prepare for the emotions to come soon. Still, after reading about your concerns, I know that the life I am living now is not a happy one and the surgery is worth it. I am passing on my horrible eating habits to my kids and it has to stop. I know there will be ups and downs, but we have each other to get us through it. Happiness is in our future!!!!

Woohoooo! *cheer* ;)

in tweleve days i'm getting sleeved also very scared...........i don't know how to get on these threads??? sooooo, i'm going to hit the "post quick reply" button and then do i check every day?? did anyone have the pain pump for three days? did it work? is there lots of nausea? gas pains? thanks, theresa

it is ok to have the feeling you have now, it is normal. you have been through a lot, you are in an emotional tornado, it will get better. you are not stupid you chose to take charge of your life, and do what you know is best to get healthy. we will never have all the answers, to what ifs, don't waste your time on what ifs, we know what we know now, you made the best decision on what you know now, you cant live your life by the fear of what can happen 5 years from now. just know now you did what is best, those feeling will get better, everyday it will get better, one step forward maybe 2 back, then 2 forward and 1 back. there will be a point that you will make a turning point.... you will get better and feel better....healing takes time and i don't mean physical....best wishes for a speedy recovery....physical and emotional...

Mila

what you have done is made a very courageous choice to improve the quality of your life. Good for you. I'm almost 4 months out, down 54 lbs with 46 to go and i couldn't be happier. You will feel the same soon, i promise. Its all very emotional at first, hormones flying all over the place, your body is in shock from the anethesia and the surgery so all perfectly normal. Just get thru the first month and you'll be so glad you did this. Take care and rest, it really helps. Best of luck jeani

what you have done is made a very courageous choice to improve the quality of your life. Good for you. I'm almost 4 months out, down 54 lbs with 46 to go and i couldn't be happier. You will feel the same soon, i promise. Its all very emotional at first, hormones flying all over the place, your body is in shock from the anethesia and the surgery so all perfectly normal. Just get thru the first month and you'll be so glad you did this. Take care and rest, it really helps. Best of luck jeani

WOW sleevegenie, YOU'RE DOING AWESOME!!!!!!