Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

18 hours post op - photos

OMG, your tummy looks so good. Hubbie took pics of min cuz it looked so bad! LOL It would scare people away.

Thanks for the pics and update. You look fantastic and I chuckle every time I think of your Mom accidently hitting you with her bag.

those pics are really helpful! You look well considering youd jsut had surgery! Wish you all the best :001_smile:

Thanks everyone once again for the comments and well wishes :001_smile: It's so nice to have people going through this with me.

I just made the mistake of drinking too much milk in one sitting and it's quite uncomfortable. I haven't been ill, but my heart is racing and I can't sit still. I need to remember to take it slooowwwwwwww.

xx

OMG, your tummy looks so good. Hubbie took pics of min cuz it looked so bad! LOL It would scare people away.

Gosh, I am sorry your tummy took more of a beating than mine. The surgeon did tell me that everything had gone super smoothly and quickly so my recovery should be fairly swift. I feel very lucky so far.

I hope you're better now :001_smile: xx

I chuckle every time I think of your Mom accidently hitting you with her bag.

Hahaha, she's a legend. She's the type that just walks into a shop and things fall off the shelves. Bless her. :001_smile:

Hey everyone. :001_smile: Just a short update.

Finally back in Guernsey, and staying at my Mum's for a few days so I am not in the flat on my own whilst my boyfriend is at work.

I also miss my cat like crazy but couldn't deal with the thought of her under my feet trying to trip me up every time I walk around!

Struggling a little with Water, but warm drinks such as tea and hot sugar free ribena seem to be going down nicely. I am managing to eat more than I expected, about a small yoghurt pot portion of puree or baby food in one sitting. I am not hungry, but just trying to fit as much in as possible to keep my strength up.

The flight really took a lot out of me, although it is only 30 minutes all the check in and waiting in departures rubbish wore me out. My poor clumsy mother managed to bash me in the tummy with her handbag a couple of times too. LOL. Luckily it didn't hurt, but it was like a comedy sketch.

The flight itself was pretty bumpy, and the landing was horrible! Everyone gasped cos we hit the runway pretty hard. I had to sit for a minute and have a little breather and a burp before I got off, the jolt must have moved things around a bit!

So now I'm tucked up in bed with a cuppa, about to get up and have another little walk (anaesthetist recommended every 20-30 minutes)

Feeling pretty good. Hope you all are too! xxx

Awww I'm so glad you're doing well :). You sound really good. Hot tea was the only thing I could really handle in the hospital. I wonder why??

P.s. I love cats :). We have 2. One long hair brown tabby named Toby Mac (after a christian singer) and one long hair gray tabby named Hector (after Hector of Troy lol).

omg thanks so much for this! I've never had any kind of surgery before so I was really nervous about this aspect. Doesn't look so bad though

Awww I'm so glad you're doing well :). You sound really good. Hot tea was the only thing I could really handle in the hospital. I wonder why??

P.s. I love cats :). We have 2. One long hair brown tabby named Toby Mac (after a christian singer) and one long hair gray tabby named Hector (after Hector of Troy lol).

Funny isn't it? I'm used to drinking a lot of Water throughout the day, so this feels very strange for me. It doesn't seem to taste right either!

Your cats sound gorgeous! I love long hairs too, my baby is a Persian called Elphy. We got her from an Animal Rescue Center last year and she is the most affectionate cat I've ever met. Here's a lil pic :001_wub:

post-3180-13813655901703_thumb.jpg

omg thanks so much for this! I've never had any kind of surgery before so I was really nervous about this aspect. Doesn't look so bad though

Hey Ericka,

You're welcome :) It really isn't so bad. I've just got a couple of stiches under each dressing. Not sure what the drain wound looks like cos I couldn't bring myself to look when she took it out. Haha. It definitely doesn't hurt though. :001_wub:

Aw...your cat is really cute. I love cats, but my hubby is VERY allergic.

You look great. I'm glad you are recovering well. So sorry to hear about the milk. I'm so used to chugging Water. I could usually drink a tall glass in a few seconds. I do miss that.

AniO

Funny isn't it? I'm used to drinking a lot of Water throughout the day, so this feels very strange for me. It doesn't seem to taste right either!

Your cats sound gorgeous! I love long hairs too, my baby is a Persian called Elphy. We got her from an Animal Rescue Center last year and she is the most affectionate cat I've ever met. Here's a lil pic :thumbup1:

ADORABLE! OK now I must post a pic of my babies, but how do I do this on a post. We also rescued our kitties from our local shelter..Girl you sound so good! You are blessed! I was so weak and tore up at the point you're at. GOOD FOR YOU! I'm happy for you!

ADORABLE! OK now I must post a pic of my babies, but how do I do this on a post.QUOTE]

You just have to go to paper clip, and it will let you attach a picture from your computer.

Or if your photo is on the web somewhere and you have the URL, click on the little yellow square with mountains in and it will ask you for the URL.

xxx

ADORABLE! OK now I must post a pic of my babies, but how do I do this on a post.

You just have to go to paper clip, and it will let you attach a picture from your computer.

Or if your photo is on the web somewhere and you have the URL, click on the little yellow square with mountains in and it will ask you for the URL.

xxx

OK let's see if I can do this LOL! Yayyy! I did it!!! O wow that's super cool...thanks for the 411 :001_tt2: As you can see my daughter was playing dress up with poor Tobey, hence the mini barbie crown LOL! This picture is old, he's much larger now (bigger than most small dogs for sure), and my daughter doesn't play with barbies anymore, sniff, sniff.

Edited by sleeve 4 me
add