Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

DFW BANDSTERS: Divanita's insurance approved!

Hi, my bandfriends! I received a call and a letter from UHC (my ins), stating that I have been approved for the LB surgery! Janet, Donna, Ms. Joy, Randy: Looks like the last pic that my daughter and I took at Red, Hot, and Blue last month is my official "before" picture.

Yeee-ha!:clap2:

ANITA!!!!!!!!! I'm so happy for you! Congratulations - what's your surgery date? Who's doing it? How is your daughter taking the news?

I can't tell you how happy I am for you. Wait, yes I can:

YAY FOR YOU ANITA!!!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!

Donna:

It feels so good to see your colorful, wonderful encouragement. Thanks for caring! Every night, just before bedtime, I read about newbies who have just received their ins approval. Now, it's my turn!

The insurance situation was kind of strange. My first seminar was at Baylor, on 4/13. After three weeks and no word from Baylor, I went to Dr. Fox in Richardson.

Today, UHC approved the Baylor surgery (I haven't even seen the Doc yet), and denied Dr. Fox. (who I have seen). Duh?

Long story short: I'm scheduled for my consult Monday, 6/12. They will also set the surgery date during this visit; I can do it anytime within the next few weeks. Dr. Mc Carty will be the surgeon.

Mc Carty and I have met before, in passing. And Baylor definitely has the expertise.

Courtney was cautiously optimistic upon hearing the approval news. She will come to Dallas to help me with my recovery.

Hope to see you at our next meeting!:clap2:

Go 'nita, go 'nita, GO GO GO, go 'nita.......MsJoy says if there is anything she can do for you just let her know. When you get the details, be sure and spread the word, K?

Congrats on the approval. Why did UHC deny Dr. Louis Fox. I just had surgery with him 5/19 and I have UHC. Just curious. Myra

I'm not sure, but Dr. Fox is a wonderful, personable surgeon. I was approved by UHC for Dr. McCarty, who is Baylor's top WLS.

I think that the UHC approval came from whomever submitted the most thorough information in the least time. There was a long gap in between my consult with Dr. Fox on 5/1(incl nutritionist and psych exam), and UHC looking at the paperwork (about six weeks). By the time Dr. Fox's office began asking for additional info on 6/8(5-yr weight history), I was already approved by Baylor.

Congratulations on getting banded! I hope you can give me a few tips; I'm right behind you!:clap2:

Congratulations and good luck. I was banded in November. I've lost 62 pounds and I feel like a new person. Keep us posted and enjoy your wonderful news!

Had my consult at Baylor today. My surgery date is sent for next week, June 22. Wow, that was quicker than I expected. Spent the entire morning and part of the afternoon seeing the doc, the psychologist, and a few other folks.

Tomorrow I will go to the required psychology class, nutrition class, and pre-op testing. The Baylor folks are really efficient, although a bit impersonal. That's okay, since I have researched this for nearly a year.

I feel so blessed that I already have Bandfriends to share this with. My daughter is in college until July, so she will not be there. I'm going to ask my Mom to come up from Houston, so she can drive me (crazy!)

I'm not sure what to feel-excited, relieved, nervous (that I won't lose the weight)....I just believe that I am making the effort to improve my multiple co-morbidities. I will need y'all in the days to come. :)

Congrats!

I know we haven't met, but I live in the DFW area too...I so need to make it one of the meetings with you all!

Which Baylor is doing your surgery? The one downtown? If it is, they really are a great hospital...the nurses will take such good care of you! My Mom just had a total knee replacement there about 2 months ago and they treated her like a Queen!

Congrats! Congrats! Congrats!

Anita,

Please let me know if you need anything, or just want to talk, or have someone come hold your hand till they wheel you into the OR, or be hovering over you when you regain conciousness, or you need someone to go get you a cool cup of Water, or . . . well, you get the idea. I'm not working so if you want me - I'm there!

Hey Michelle,

I think the LBT DFW group is meeting again this Saturday - June 17th - at the Red Hot & Blue in Irving. I'll PM Janet - who somehow got elected Team Leader - and double check, then I'll post again here.

Randy,

You and me are gonna have some words about Jayaseelan when next we meet -:) :angry :) - OK, so it doesn't have anything to do with you and Ms. Joy but y'all know him so I'm gonna vent to you!!!! LOL So unfair, but so gonna happen! Let me just say this - ARLENE IS THE QUEEN OF THE WORLD IMHO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Michelle:

I'd love for you to join us at the DFW meeting on June 17th! (See Donna's note above). I will be at Baylor Dallas near downtown Dallas. I live about 5-10 minutes away. Spent the entire day at Baylor getting pre-op and classes done. I'm ready to go.

Donna:

Wow! It would be nice to see or talk to you after the surgery. We'll touch base at the DFW meeting on Saturday, okay? I'm so relieved that I have you in my corner. It would be hard to go through this without bandfriends. My family loves me, but they don't have a clue about how my life is going to change.:)

I was banded at 7:30am this morning, came home at 11:00am, and I've been walking every 30 minutes, sipping Water, receiving visitors, and Praising God for all of it!

I appreciate everyone's knowledge and support!:clap2: