Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm being SLEEVED on Sept. 15, 2010 by Dr. Aceves!!

Hi Diva! I'm new to the boards and just starting to follow your story. Congrats on doing so well, and thank you for sharing your story with us!

I totally agree with you about not wanting to always have to put "something" in our Water to make it go down (but I hear ya, plain Water does get boring!) Have you ever tried TrueLemon (they have TrueLime, and TrueOrange too.) They have some new ones that are sweetened but the old ones like this:

True Lime 150ct | TrueLemonStore.com

Are unsweetened. It truly is like squeezing it a tad of lime or lemon into your water. I am not 100% that they would be acceptable on a post-op diet (I would have to do some research on that) but I really like adding these to my water on days that "plain" water just doesn't do it. The best thing I like about these is that they are STRONG, so I have to put them in about 30 oz of water. Which is good, because then I use a BIG cup and get more water in because I'm drinking out of such a big cup.

Anyway, just thought I would share!

Wow what a great list!!! Thank you so much for the info!!! I look forward to following you as time goes on. I really appreciate all the wonderful info.

Denise

Hi Diva! I'm new to the boards and just starting to follow your story. Congrats on doing so well, and thank you for sharing your story with us!

I totally agree with you about not wanting to always have to put "something" in our Water to make it go down (but I hear ya, plain Water does get boring!) Have you ever tried TrueLemon (they have TrueLime, and TrueOrange too.) They have some new ones that are sweetened but the old ones like this:

True Lime 150ct | TrueLemonStore.com

Are unsweetened. It truly is like squeezing it a tad of lime or lemon into your water. I am not 100% that they would be acceptable on a post-op diet (I would have to do some research on that) but I really like adding these to my water on days that "plain" water just doesn't do it. The best thing I like about these is that they are STRONG, so I have to put them in about 30 oz of water. Which is good, because then I use a BIG cup and get more water in because I'm drinking out of such a big cup.

Anyway, just thought I would share!

Those are great ideas! Though I probably will stay away from citrus juice for awhile. I had some lemon about 5 days out and it gave me a weird feeling in my stomach. I think I'll wait until about a month out, they can be pretty acidic and it might be too much for me right now.... unless they are just flavoring?

:thumbup:

Wow what a great list!!! Thank you so much for the info!!! I look forward to following you as time goes on. I really appreciate all the wonderful info.

Denise

You're quite welcome Denise, I'm glad to help! :001_smile:

Good morning everyone! I am exactly 2 weeks post op today!!!! Also, today is official weigh-in day and I am down 12.8 Lbs from surgery day AND 21.8 Lbs including my Pre-Op Diet!!! I weigh 259.2 Lbs today!!! Yeah!!! Back in the 250's and only a hop skip and jump away from my mini goal I set up for myself barely a week ago! :biggrin2: Not only that I am down over 70 Lbs from my highest weight of record!!! Yay!!! I've been able to keep that off for 5 years now! :svengo: Not been easy AT ALL but I'm doing it!!

As of today I will be back to work in one week. :crying: That's the only thing I can say I'm not all that jazzed about. LOL But gotta go back sometime and help pay the bills. I will also just be starting my puree stage. I'm feeling a little leary about it to be honest. I'm still trying to work on my thicker Soups. Not only that, I'm even still trying to make sure I'm getting my 64 oz. of water in. I don't count Soups or anything thick like that. I want it to be thin liquids that I either make with water or is water.

I thought back and noticed I'd not been getting enough of this in the last few days. I'd not been feeling all too great and I'm pretty sure that is why. So around 4 PM last night I made a big push to get in as much as I could before bedtime. I got in about 50 oz!! Whoot!! I feel great this morning to boot so I'm positive that was the reason for my feeling fatigue.

Things are going so great for me right now! I'm able to fit in a lot of clothes I haven't worn since last summer, I'm losing like crazy, I'm never hungry (in fact need to remind myself to eat... never would have imagined!!!) I don't have to workout 3 hours a day to get results... I'm just in seventh heaven right now. NO ONES TAKING MY JOY!!!

Have a great day everybody! :biggrin0: Make it success, whatever you do!

Good morning!

So I'm down another pound today!!! I'm so happy I can't stand it! I've found something finally that is working for me. I have to admit for a little part of me felt skeptical because of what I went through with my band. But this time it's so different. My body keeps shrinking and I just keep losing. I have no appetite so I have to remind myself when to eat, and when I do, I never finish anything. Maybe by half or less.

I made some of Monica's Soup yesterday she shared with me post op. I first had it for the broth, as it does have a very thin broth. It was sooo delicious and it has so many good nutrients. It made me feel so good when I had her broth. Now that I'm on the thicker Soups stage I decided to see how I did with the Soup and putting it in the puree machine. I juiced it up really good and made sure it was very thin and soupy. I did mix it up with a few tiny cubes of chicken too. I wanted the natural Protein and to see how I did with it. Wow let me tell you, my stomach LOVED IT!!! It said, more, more, more!!! LOL I drank half my mug and it made me feel better than I've felt since surgery!

My stomach is becoming more acclimated to eating finally. I was also able to get in about 3/4 of the daily recommended of Water alone yesterday. Yay!!!! I feel great!

Last night before bed though I felt a little bout of sadness for some reason. It was kind of weird, because I hadn't felt like that at all since surgery. I was wondering why I needed to do something so drastic to finally have a tool that will help me overcome obesity. I mean, I'm over it now, but it just snuck up on me and took me by surprise. It was a very deep moment for me, and I didn't know how to respond. I even teared up a little bit... :crying:

Even though I had to question myself on why I needed such a drastic surgery in order to get my life in check, I have to give myself a pep talk. Sometimes things like that need to be done. I couldn't do it on my own, and I did need something that was truly going to stop me when enough really was enough. The band never did that, it never stopped me from doing what I wanted. Then when it was too tight I found other ways to cheat it, rather than starve. Ah, the hunger... don't miss it!!! However it does seem I've gone from one extreme to the other. I was never going to lose weight with it though. It turned my mind into some kind of mindless eating machine. I could NOT control it.

Since surgery I've only felt head hunger a few times. It's so easy to squash it though because my stomach does not feel hunger. It was not easy at all with my band though because my stomach wouldn't let me get those thoughts out of my head.

On to a new point, today is the last day of this month of September!! Now I can say, as of tomorrow that I had my surgery last month... haha! :laugh0: Anyway here are my totals for this month. Since surgery I have lost 13.8 Lbs. For this whole month, which is the same total including my Pre-Op Diet I've lost 22.8 Lbs.

I was wearing size 22/1-2X in the beginning of this month. I'm now wearing my 18's again!!!!!!!!! I have not fitted them since before the Christmas season of last year! I said earlier that I'm in Heaven! I really can't explain it any better than that. I'm completely ecstatic over this. My tops are in XL-1X.

For a long time I was starting to feel like I'd never fit into all my cute clothes again. It was my half-way point from where I'd started. I used to wear a snug 28W/3X at my heaviest. :scared0: I absolutely refused to make it into the 30's, and included in that being told I have high blood pressure I'd decided it was time to do something. That was almost 6 years ago now. I've been fighting my weight ever since, trying so many things I can't even begin to list them all. Including a previous weight loss surgery. Here is the cherry on top... I have not needed my high blood pressure medication at all since surgery. I'm making a PCP appt. to discuss this with her and see what she thinks about it.

Anyway, in closing today I'm on the right (and fast) track to getting this thing resolved. My lightest with the band was 227, so you can imagine when I hit 226 how that day will be a GOOD DAY for me!!! :biggrin0:

Enjoy your successes and Celebrate life! For it is beautiful and full of promise.

Irene

Edited by LilMissDiva

So today officially marks my 3rd week sleeved!!

My totals are 15.6 Lbs since Sleeve surgery day and 24.6 Lbs since the beginning of my Pre-Op diet. Also, I have lost 73.6 Lbs from my highest forever!!! B)

I am just now starting to get into my mushies, puree's and softer foods. I will do this through day 30... which I am now on day 21. I'm not doing all too bad. I can eat egg Soup that I make for myself every night for dinner. It's pretty tasty!

I also eat high Fiber oatmeal for my carb of the day. It's helping!!! LMAO!! :lol: I need it though. Maybe TMI, but I actually went through 5 or 6 days last week of a no-go. Not good! I know I've also been feeling way better since too. Lighter even? Yeah maybe... LOL

When I first started my Pre-Op diet I was wearing a size 22W/1-2X. Today I am back into clothes I haven't worn since last summer. I am wearing 18W/XL-1X. I can even wear my XL pajama gowns perfectly. I feel incredible and sooo happy I did this!!! Sure it may have been pretty awful the first few days, but I'd gladly trade those few days in now for all the awesome days I'm having now!

I am usually the type to get a good workout in. Well I have decided to put that on the back burner for now until I can get my proper nutrients in, and a good supply of Water. I'm still to this day working on this. I really can get a good amount of Water in, but I still feel some lethargy due to not being able to eat solid foods. In my estimation I'm still thinking I'm a good 2-3 weeks out or more from that stage. So for now I'm just getting some walking in and some low key Calisthenics. It's keeping my muscles toned right now and keeping me semi active. It's ok -- I'm still losing really good right now, so I'm not all too worried. As a matter of fact, I have to get my calisthenics on tonight!!! :-)

I have a bit of trouble coming though.... I always seem to get stuck at the weight 255. Up or down I hover around this weight for weeks before coasting along. We'll see if this will be the same this time around. :o

Also today I went back to work for the first time since surgery. Yay!! It was nice. :) Everyone was glad I was back, including myself. I think I had too much time on my hands! There's lots of work to do there so the days will start flying by again. And as I always say... as long as I'm doing what I'm supposed to do, time will pass and the pounds will drop.

Ok, I'm outta here for now! Good luck to all the pre-sleevers going up soon! You will do great. You may even question yourself for a day or two... I won't lie, I did myself - but it didn't take me long to take that back and be ever thankful for Dr. Aceves and my new tiny tummy!!! :heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:

What great memories!!! :) And what a FABULOUS year and a half this has been. Do yourselves all a favor, find your surgery day thread and re-read it months out after you have reached goal. It's so WORTH IT!!!

:whoo: :bananapowerslide: :bananajump: :Banane10: :Banane21: :Banane20: :woot:

Vst was started after I was already sleeved. I was one of the first to join, but there wasn't much going on. I am so glad it caught on quick!