Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm being SLEEVED on Sept. 15, 2010 by Dr. Aceves!!

Div!!... so i want to say that i totally understand where u are coming from about wanting to have another bad habit as to stop gaining weight... or better yet lose weight!>.. when i was in highschool ... i wanted to be anorexic so that i could be skinny.. this is totally ridiculous now when i think back on this.. but my hunger always got the best of me.. and also my common sense took over .. and i never went through with it... i really dont think i could if ii tried... but i did play a million different sports and i did get down to a wonderful 130lbs .. and that was the best ever.. but as i stopped playing sport after sport... i have gained a wonderful 85lbs!!! ugh! im so glad to have found a solution to my lifes struggle with weight!! <3

Im also so glad that you are feeling free and loving everyday!

Hey diva,

glad to see you are doing so great! So you had your band removed and sleeve done all at the same time? WOW! I had my band out July 8th and will be getting my sleeve on Oct 15th (YAY I got a date!). I was just wondering if the surgery was much different than when you first got the band, in terms of pain, healing, and such? I'm curious because we are going into this kind of knowing what to expect, having had a band, is it somewhat easier when you woke up? I had my band 2 1/2 years ago!

Thanks,

Patti

Hi Patti! :biggrin0:

Thanks, I feel so great! Yes I did have my revision all at once. It took Dr. Aceves, per his surgeons report a total of 1:31 time. Now in revision world that is especially fast. As I read the report is appears I had so many adhesion's to repair and cut through. He even needed to do some liver repair... :bored0:

Congratulations on your date!! The time will really fly by, so don't hesitate on getting everything prepared for yourself post surgery. As far as being different post-op I'd have to say yes on most counts. The healing for me was much different. With the sleeve the first two days were much more severe. I had very bad nausea and some vomiting - where with the band I was just bloated and it hurt where the band was placed. The band post-op is much less painful and the recovery is pretty instant. You need to rest and take it more easy with your sleeve. BUT -- just so you know, I'd do it all over again in a nano-second!!! It's worth it and then some!

But the good thing is that having the Lap-Band experience does help a lot. You will already know what to expect as far as needs go - but the after experience is all its own for sure.

All the best to you!! You will do fine, don't worry and you won't be sorry you did it!!! :biggrin0:

Div!!... so i want to say that i totally understand where u are coming from about wanting to have another bad habit as to stop gaining weight... or better yet lose weight!>.. when i was in highschool ... i wanted to be anorexic so that i could be skinny.. this is totally ridiculous now when i think back on this.. but my hunger always got the best of me.. and also my common sense took over .. and i never went through with it... i really dont think i could if ii tried... but i did play a million different sports and i did get down to a wonderful 130lbs .. and that was the best ever.. but as i stopped playing sport after sport... i have gained a wonderful 85lbs!!! ugh! im so glad to have found a solution to my lifes struggle with weight!! <3

Im also so glad that you are feeling free and loving everyday!

For me I was able to suppress the hunger with those crazy little pills they used to sell in the 80's called Dexatrim. They aren't the same pills they are today - they were far more dangerous. They would cause things like stroke and heart-attack! :scared0: I can't believe I put myself through that!! What was I thinking? Anyway that was only part of it... lol

I have to agree, we all finally found something that works! Some would ask us if we are still being extreme by cutting out 85% of our stomach??? Well to that I say C'est la Vie!!!! Hit the road Jack, who needs ya? He's done nothing for me than make me obese and miserable. We can live without it, why keep it - it was killing me. I wouldn't keep my appendix if it ruptured, or my gallbladder if it was making me sick... I see no difference what so ever.

Helloooo everyone!

So today I am just beginning day 9 and I am down an official total 10 Lbs. I weigh 262 Lbs!!!!!! I am doing so much better than I ever imagined. Especially since I did a Pre-Op diet for 2 weeks. I am absolutely beside myself, stoked, amped -- all those great words that describe happiness and elation!!!!!!

I did feel a bit sluggish yesterday though so I had to go over my routine for the last few days. I think I need to remember to drink more... it's so tough right now. I can't have excuses for it though, it's imperative I do it. Also, I realized I haven't been keeping up with my Iron. I've been very good with my B's, but my Iron has been almost zero. I am anemic with both Iron and B's so I know better. I do have some liquid Iron too, so there really is no reason for it, I just have not been as diligent as I should be. However, I did take some last night and I already feel better today.

Speaking of which, here is something I've noticed recently. I used to love plain Water. I wasn't really big on flavored waters or Crystal Light... I mean I'd drink it but it was far rare in comparison. Now I find Water extremely boring and I can't seem to do my sipping unless there is some flavor to it... ?!?! :lol0: I do not know why this is the case, but I do have plenty of flavored drinks to carry me though. I do hope I can get back into plain water again. I don't like the idea of having to drink chemicals every time I should be nourishing my body with natural fluids. I may have to learn to re-love it again... lol It's just too much right now though, I'm having a hard enough time just getting them in period.

So today and tomorrow is the rest of my clears phase. Oh I do hope these next two days go fast. I'm ready for a change in flavors for sure. I need to look around for all the full liquids ideas, or I'll just add milk to everything! LOL!!! :lol0: One things for sure, I will sure make my Protein powders taste so much better and will up my Protein significantly. Can't wait!

Have a great day everyone!!!!!!! :001_wub:

They have crystal light w/o artificial flavors/sweetners in grape and someother kind.

They have crystal light w/o artificial flavors/sweetners in grape and someother kind.

I really didn't know that, I'll have to go check them out. I do need to make a trip to the Grocery Store since I need to get some foods for my next stage. Thanks!!! :lol0:

There's 2 flavors of crystal lite that are sweetened with stevia. When I get home, (I am at my daughter's house) I will tell you the name of it.

There's 2 flavors of crystal lite that are sweetened with stevia. When I get home, (I am at my daughter's house) I will tell you the name of it.

Thanks Daisy! I will appreciate that!

Not too much to report today, except that I was able to wear a pair of capri's size 18 that I haven't fitted since last summer... :scared0:

That is all. Have a great day everyone!!

The name of it is Crystal Light pure fitness. It comes in strawberry Kiwi and grape.

The name of it is Crystal Light pure fitness. It comes in strawberry Kiwi and grape.

Thanks Daisy! I'll try and find it. I'll wait until I get some of these other drinks used up first, but I will try it eventually. :)

LilmisDiva

I am so inspired reading your daily notes. You seem to be doing great. I can't believe you are walking everyday. I was wondering about the amount of time off I should take. Do you or anyone else know if most companies will allow the short term disability (what you take when you have surgery, hospitalized etc) if you are to have a procedure out of the country?

Im only taking 3 days off of work in total.. i was already booked for a four day weekend so in total after my surgery i will have 5 days off... its definitely a good idea to look into that if need be... but i know with alot of people.. its not impossible to function properly shortly after surgery!

LilmisDiva

I am so inspired reading your daily notes. You seem to be doing great. I can't believe you are walking everyday. I was wondering about the amount of time off I should take. Do you or anyone else know if most companies will allow the short term disability (what you take when you have surgery, hospitalized etc) if you are to have a procedure out of the country?

Hi mb! If I can inspire even one person then all this writing is worth it. I want everyone to feel what I'm feeling right now. I can't say enough about how awesome this surgery is! :001_tt2:

I'm taking off a total of 3 weeks. I wanted to be out of my liquid stage before going back. At least to the point where I'm not totally reliant on using the blender to get most of my nutrition. Not only that there is a little bit of fatigue that goes along with this kind of diet. The weight loss on it is great, but the side effects aren't. LOL

I am still doing my treadmill! I gave myself a little break and didn't do it yesterday or Saturday. I got back on today though and was able to do a whole mile pretty easily. I can feel my old self coming back, and coming back strong! I probably will never again pull my 3 hours sessions anymore. I think it would get me to the point where I didn't like it, but I do like to do some things to an extent. Probably the most I'll do on any given day is 90 minutes. That to me is not all that much. I also take Fridays off as well, so my body does get a break.

I also started up my full liquids in the last 2 days. I feel really good and actually was able to bring in a bit over 1,000 calories! :scared0: I can already feel a difference in my mental function and my body seems to be able to handle more physical movement. I'm sure that's a great help to my mile on the treadmill. I will always strive to consume over 1,000 calories per day. I know it will be a bit hard at first once I start trying to eat more solids, but if that means I have to drink an extra Protein shake per day, then that's what I'll do.

However for right now I want to get the calories down to about 800. The reason is I'm still not doing too much physical activity right now so I'm not burning off that much. Once I'm able to get myself up to doing the 90 per day I will then bring my calories up to 1,000. That should get me a good 3 lbs per week loss hopefully! I just want to hit goal by my Sleeversary on 9/15/11.

I have not weighed myself in a few days except on my dial scale. It's not accurate like the medical grade one I have in my other bathroom. It did show a tiny loss but I can't really tell how much it is. I'm going to make an "official weight day" for my medical grade scale. I especially don't want to weigh right now because I know I'm retaining some Water right now. It can feel a little discouraging sometimes even though I know the reason for it. Not going there!!!

Ok everyone! That's my check-in for now. Make it a GREAT day!!! :confused1:

Thanks so much for your writings. I just booked my surgery with Dr. Aceves on January 3rd. I am so excited. It is wonderful following you along so I have some idea of what I am in for. If you have any tips on things to take/prepare for surgery then please let me know. I would really appreciate it. I am flying 6 hours for the surgery and the ride home is starting to scare me a little! I look forward to more posts from you!

Thanks,

Denise

Thanks Sleeve! One day at a time! :wink0:

Thanks so much for your writings. I just booked my surgery with Dr. Aceves on January 3rd. I am so excited. It is wonderful following you along so I have some idea of what I am in for. If you have any tips on things to take/prepare for surgery then please let me know. I would really appreciate it. I am flying 6 hours for the surgery and the ride home is starting to scare me a little! I look forward to more posts from you!

Thanks,

Denise

Yay Congrats Denise! You will be absolutely thrilled with Dr. Aceves and his staff. They are A+++ in my opinion!

Things you will need...

Get some samples of Protein powders and drinks. You will need that for sure after surgery.

Get some loose fitting pajamas and underwear (including sports bra or front opening bra) and clothing.

Slippers. The floors are all tile.

A heating pad will help with comfort and gas pain.

A good book to read or something to keep you occupied while in the hospital.

Make sure your cellphone is hooked up for international calls. I did this easily with Verizon and turned it on the night before I got into Mexico and turned it off the day I came back to the US.

Get some liquid or chewable supplements, like Vitamins, Iron, Calcium etc to last you the first few months.

If you have a companion coming with you, make sure you let the Coordinators know so they can get you a room with the big couch.

Get your passport ready, you will need it when you return to the US. You can just get the card, its cheaper and used for land travel to Canada and Mexico.

Have a nice comfy pillow from home. The hospital ones aren't that great.

If anyone has anything to add please chime in! I can't really think of anything else right now.

So today I really don't have anything much to add except I had some problems getting potato Soup down yesterday. I had it all blended up, thin... all that but it still made me feel nauseous. I guess that's a no-no for now. Besides it's potato so I can live without it.. lmao!

I had some cheese Soup today and I feel fine. It's so weird how one thing, even though it's the same consistency I'd already been eating can give me a tummy ache than something else. :confused: Oh well I guess this is just a learning curve. I'll get it down!!!

Have a great day everyone!!!