Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm being SLEEVED on Sept. 15, 2010 by Dr. Aceves!!

Down another 1.2 Lbs!! Whoohoo!!

Only 3 days to go... getting excited!! :)

You are adorable and ready to go! Good for you! I know you are going to do awesome :thumbup:...hugs, love and prayers :thumbup:

I may have to go to Mexico to get my surgery done and if so, Dr. Aceves is my first choice, so I'm very much looking forward to hearing all about your journey. If you don't mind, could you share a few specifics as to what you've been eating to keep your Protein intake so high?

You are adorable and ready to go! Good for you! I know you are going to do awesome :thumbup:...hugs, love and prayers :scared0:

Awww thank you so much! You are equally as adorable, and you are doing so great! It's been great watching your progress as I anticipate mine. :blushing: Keep up the great work!!

I may have to go to Mexico to get my surgery done and if so, Dr. Aceves is my first choice, so I'm very much looking forward to hearing all about your journey. If you don't mind, could you share a few specifics as to what you've been eating to keep your Protein intake so high?

Sure no problem. I have so many Protein supplements during the day. Also for some Snacks I choose beef Jerky or almonds, etc. Then for dinner I'll have a piece of meat of whatever I choose, and a side of veggies. That's it. It really adds up. :biggrin2:

Good luck Diva. We'll be thinking and praying for a smooth operation and a quick recovery. You have been such a totally positive person in the time you've been here. I think you will do just fine with all of your experience with the lapband. Please keep us updated after your surgery,so we know everything went as planned. Best wishes baby girl.:thumbup::blushing::scared0::biggrin2:

Deb

I haven't lost a pound on the liquid pre op diet. I was doing better on the low carb no carb. And my liquid preop is less than 5 carbs and little/no fat. 4 shakes a day with one cup of raw salad. Plus sugar free beverages and sugar free ice pops. oh well, only 2 days from now I will be in surgery. Good luck on your trip today.

Congratulations and good luck. I have my sleeve done on Friday, September 17th. So I'm anxious to read how you do.
Good luck Diva. We'll be thinking and praying for a smooth operation and a quick recovery. You have been such a totally positive person in the time you've been here. I think you will do just fine with all of your experience with the lapband. Please keep us updated after your surgery,so we know everything went as planned. Best wishes baby girl.:001_wub::biggrin2::):thumbup:

Deb

I haven't lost a pound on the liquid pre op diet. I was doing better on the low carb no carb. And my liquid preop is less than 5 carbs and little/no fat. 4 shakes a day with one cup of raw salad. Plus sugar free beverages and sugar free ice pops. oh well, only 2 days from now I will be in surgery. Good luck on your trip today.

THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH for the well wishes and prayers!!! I will be checking in again when I can. I'm bringing my Mini Dell with me, so hopefully I'll feel up to it by Thursday. I'm usually out of it on surgery day.

Dansha, thank you so much for that sweet message. :) You made my day!!

Gayle and tdov -- Prayers to you too! I hope it goes smooth!!! See you on the losers bench! :)

I am having my sleeve on September 14th, 2010 by Dr. Castro from New York Hospital of Queens and I am scared to death and excited.

I cheated on my pre op diet and now I am worried that I will have complications.

Did anyone else cheat on their pre op diet? I am freaking out and could use some support.

Diva, I can't wait til you meet everyone down there! I can't wait to hear from you Thursday. Be sure to tell them all that all of us here at VST love them!

Will be thinking of you all day on Wed. So happy your day is finally here!

Hi Pookie, all the best in the upcoming days! You should be either in the OR right now or just about finished. Hope it went well for you!!!!

Daisy, thanks so much! I will definitely tell them. Nina told me her husband will be on the same day as me getting sleeved too. Isn't that great??? That for some reason gave me a big sigh of relief and instant readiness.

I don't know, it's like - if she trusts her husband to the staff - and she's my coord. I should trust they'll do excellent with me too.

Awesome!!!

So I'm going to Calexico in just a few more minutes. I admit I had a good Breakfast too.. lol!!! But now I can't eat anything else until dinner. I did bring me some beef Jerky so if I have to wait awhile I won't be so hungry once I have all my preops done.

:))

Good Luck to you tomorrow.

I know you must be excited.

I'm schedule to arrive at the hospital at 5:45 tomorrow morning.

Keep us posted

Tracey

Gracias tdov!! :crying: All the very best to you tomorrow too! I can't wait to hear how you do.

Hey all, so I'm sitting here in my Hotel room. It's the Holiday Inn, and may I say WOW!!!!! It is Gorgeous here. I'm am SUPER IMPRESSED! My Mom was even really impressed. She admitted she was very nervous but she said she's feeling more comfortable as we're going along. I'm glad because I don't want her to stress too much.

In talking with Lucy (who is an absolute sweetheart!!) and the Anesthesiologist, and the nice lady who goes over all the paperwork with us (sorry her name escapes me for some reason) it's just setting all our minds at ease.

The food at the Colorado Restaurant was super good! I had grilled chicken and fettuchine alfredo. The chicken was amazing! So juicy and the fettucine, very filling! The bread was good, but of all the things to eat - the Ice Tea and the corn chips were A+++ My Mom had 2 Margaritas and she's feeling good right now.. ha-ha! I have my Ativan for later. I'll definitely take it because I am so wired up right now.

Thursday is the Mexican Independence Day and it is their Bi-Centennial Celebration. I came here at a very festive time! They are decorating all the street corners and everyone is flying their flags everywhere. It's pretty neat!! Even the Hotel is decorating everything and they are planning a huge concert type thing for tomorrow. At least that is what the concierge tells us. However I will be pretty out of it when they do their Celebrations. There was a vendor right across the street from the Hospital selling all kinds of flags and whatnot. My Mom is going to go to them tomorrow and buy some flags. I told her to get me a huge one!! Being I'm partial Mexican I can at least Celebrate with my people!! :)

I cannot say enough about this whole experience so far. Everyone here has been just awesome! They are so accommodating. It's almost like I want to say even more so than in the US. They are so helpful, and anything we want they go out of their way to get it.

Well tomorrow we meet Ernesto the Driver at the Lobby at 7am. He looks so great by the way! He had the Sleeve surgery by Dr. Aceves I guess awhile ago. He looks really good! You can't even tell he needed the surgery before.

One last thing, it turns out I will be the last surgery of the day!! :svengo: They tell me they save the best for last, or rather should I say the most difficult cases. The good thing is during my barium test my band looked really good - no signs of slips or anything like that. Great! Anyway my surgery should be around noon or 1pm... *sigh* Though they promised to give me tons of happy pills... hehe!!

I'm here with a lovely lady who is getting the Sleeve tomorrow, as well as Nina husband who will be sleeved tomorrow too. Nina is my bariatric coordinator... I just think that is awesome! :w00t:

Tomorrow is the day! wow it is finally here. Congrats on making it through the long waiting process. You are going to do great. Looking forward to your first post-op update!