Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm being SLEEVED on Sept. 15, 2010 by Dr. Aceves!!

You ladies are so lucky to be on the other side!!!!! ....... I am glad to hear you have seen such a great success in such a short period in time way to go DIVA!!... and Calgarygirl!!!.... on the otherside my friend!.. Dr.P was to your satisfaction and you are now on the losers bench!! cant wait to join you! <3

Youre soon to be there girl!! We just actually got back from Dr.Pompas office, until we leave they are checking our incisions, and redoing our gauze each morning and evening for us... plus any last minute questions which is awesome!! Dr.Christian is the night staff and he honestly was the best in my opinon, but truthfully everyone was great. Dr.Christian though just always made me smile and I was always happy to try harder when I was around him :cursing: They have a great team there!!

And Im so excited, I get to go home in the morning!!!!!!!!!! Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!! Best feeling in the world!!

Djackson

How did your surgery go? and how was your experience, tell me all about it progress? also thanks for the information on what to bring when I go for my Surgery.

weight 240

Diva, I lost 22 lbs on the post op diet. That 50 lbs is going to be gone before you know it. I am so happy for you.

I am having some out of town company for the next few days so I probably won't be in the chat room. I am dying to talk to you though. I am sure you thought Dr. Campos was dreamy!

Djackson

How did your surgery go? and how was your experience, tell me all about it progress? also thanks for the information on what to bring when I go for my Surgery.

weight 240

I haven't gone yet, I go on the 8th of Oct but i'll be sure to update y'all!

Im sooooooo jealous....I have to wait until the morning until we leave for the San Diego airport, and I hope the scale reports something positive like yours!! I hope so I dont think Ive eaten food now for 7 days now lol (and the fantastic thing is Im not even craving it) WOW!

We did try doing a little shopping in Tijuana today but I didnt find anything, beautiful mall though!! Its so nice and warm here but I cant wait to go back home!!

Congratulations and welcome home!! BIG HUGS!!!

CG, I know what you mean! I NEVER had this with my Lap-Band. I remember like it was yesterday -- day three the hunger was so intense I was in total misery! :crying: But here I am almost a week out now and I haven't felt a stitch of being hungry. What an amazing discovery this sleeve is!!!!!! Hunger has always been my biggest enemy with weight management. I pray this continues, but so far I'm really REALLY LOVING IT!!

I hope you've made it home safely, and rest rest rest! I got to sleep in my own bed tonight for the first time and let me tell you... I did not want to get up at all.. LOL :))

hi! i had my sleeve on 9-15 also!glad we are both doing good!

Hi just! Glad to hear your plugging right along! Every day gets easier, and for that I'm so glad! :)

You ladies are so lucky to be on the other side!!!!! ....... I am glad to hear you have seen such a great success in such a short period in time way to go DIVA!!... and Calgarygirl!!!.... on the otherside my friend!.. Dr.P was to your satisfaction and you are now on the losers bench!! cant wait to join you! <3

Sleeve those weeks are going to fly by believe me. Before you know it you will be a week out like me! I still can't believe it!!!

Dr. Pompa is a good surgeon. If I hadn't gone to Dr. Aceves I would've chosen her. I spoke with her directly on the phone and she answered all my questions truthfully and took her time with them. You will be in excellent hands not to worry!

Diva, I lost 22 lbs on the post op diet. That 50 lbs is going to be gone before you know it. I am so happy for you.

I am having some out of town company for the next few days so I probably won't be in the chat room. I am dying to talk to you though. I am sure you thought Dr. Campos was dreamy!

Daisy did you really lose 22 Lbs? Wow!! And you were already small, so that's saying alot!! Hugs my friend :) We will get in touch soon. Enjoy your company, and have a few cheers on me!! :wink0:

I haven't gone yet, I go on the 8th of Oct but i'll be sure to update y'all!

It will be here in a flash DJ! I can't wait, I'm gonna keep my eye on you :thumbup:

Good morning VST!!!!

I got to sleep in my own bed this morning. It was sooo wonderful. I didn't want to get up at all. I'm also going to get to shower at home too... coming very VERY soon!! :tongue2:

There's really no place like home. It is the place we hibernate to get better and better. Though I feel I've been recuperating nicely, just since I've been home I feel I've gotten 2x better. I'm loving it here!!!!! I'm off until October 6th - and before I left I'd considered going back early if I felt up to it. However as I'm sitting here I decided I'd rather not. I'd rather take my time and go back 100% and ready to roar.

Besides, I really don't want to go back while I'm still on liquids. I will just beginning my puree stage on that very day, so I'll start feeling even better. To be honest, I still have trouble even getting my Clear Liquids in. Dr. Aceves sure makes a nice tight tummy! I know that's what I wanted, but its a reality call when you finally get it. It's a learning curve I don't think I've ever in my life encountered. It's a world of difference than what I had with my band, and in a very good way! This is what I've wanted all along!

My next stage of full liquids will begin on day 11. Dr. Aceves wanted me to give it an extra day because he said he did have to do some cleaning up in there. He even had to clean up some abrasions on my liver - so I guess the band was rubbing against it some or whatever, not sure. Anyway that means I will get to start having my creamies on the 26th. Not too long from now... I... Can... Do... It... lol :svengo:

Edited by LilMissDiva

I may have to go to Mexico to get my surgery done and if so, Dr. Aceves is my first choice, so I'm very much looking forward to hearing all about your journey. If you don't mind, could you share a few specifics as to what you've been eating to keep your Protein intake so high?

There are loads of us who have been to Dr. Aceves and he is absolute heaven, and I really found his post op diet to be succesful for me as well as manageable. If there is anything I can help you with please PM me if you need. Good luck on your journey!

Anna

I am soooo happy for you! Let us know how you are doing.

I am soooo happy for you! Let us know how you are doing.

Thanks Becca!! :confused1:

You better believe I'll log every little milestone here! I want to have something to look back on, something to motivate me and maybe some others and to have a place reflect everything that goes along with weight loss and weight maintenance.

Ok so it's one week ago today that I was de-BANDed and sleeved. It was probably one of the toughest surgeries I'd had to do. I'm not talking about the pain - but I just felt so miserable (nausea etc.) for the first two days. Thank goodness for Dr. Aceves and his staff! They were so awesome with me!!!

Today I am 265 lbs. That is 7 lbs down from surgery weight :thumbup: and 65 lbs gone forever from my highest!!!! I am sooo happy about this I can hardly see straight! So far my Lb. a day loss is holding up. We'll see how long that can last, LOL...

I am still doing my water/ice prepared Protein shakes. I'm doing 2 a day now, plus one GNC/Vitamin Shoppe Protein bullet (not the Walmart ones anymore) that have 49g protein. That's getting me nearly 100g protein a day right now. I'm also sipping teas, Water, or other liquids all day so I'm sure I'm getting all my fluids in.

Yesterday was the first day I was able get all of it in! I'm sooo glad because I was starting to worry I might get dehydrated. I've been huge on fluids ever since banding. I would get in 64 oz of Water alone... not including all the other fluids I'd drink all day.

Last night I had some home made broth! It was so delicious and was shared to me by Gaby (Dr. Aceves post op patient coordinator) and it was so delicious!!!! I had alot of it! There is tons leftover so I plan to have some more later! :001_tongue:

I'm not counting calories or anything like that right now. There's no way I'm even getting in 300-400 a day. Right now is for healing and getting back to 100%. I did about 15 minutes on my treadmill last night, slow paced of course so I'm trying to keep up with my walking. I plan to get in 2 - 15 minute sessions today and carry that through until next week. Next week I'll add in a bit more and begin to workout a little again.

HUGE NSV!!! I am completely off my Blood Pressure medication! I used to be on 4 Maximum strength pills per day pre-banding. I got myself off the second pill but was still on the hydrocholorthyazide (water pill)... one pill a day minimum dose. Well I stopped taking it after my sleeve because I didn't want to mess with my fluids. I've been diligently checking my BP daily, and they did in the hospital too all day long really. There were a few moments when it was a bit high but it would come back down quickly. Ever since I've been home its steadily been in the healthy range, and for that I'm so thankful! I was hoping I wouldn't need to take it anymore. So today is a full week without it, so I'm officially saying I don't need it!!

Well I can't wait to see what Week 2 Brings!!!!! Wishing all of you success, joy, happiness and all the best the Sleeve can deliver!

Hugs! :laugh0:

NSV's are the best! So glad you are having such success.

Anna

Way to go Diva! I am so glad you choose Dr. Aceves. The fun has just begun!

NSV's are the best! So glad you are having such success.

Anna

way to go!!! everything is working out great for you!!! Looking forward to hearing more about your successes! <3
Way to go Diva! I am so glad you choose Dr. Aceves. The fun has just begun!

Thanks ladies!! Taking it one day at a time and the days are just adding up since surgery - and the pounds are falling right off!

Today I am 263.2 Lbs. That's almost a 2 lb drop overnight. I look in the mirror too and it's almost like I don't even recognize myself. Who says dropping weight so quickly is not good! I feel FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!

I know, I have been down this road before and it will come to a slow down, but by golly I am going to enjoy this to the fullest while it's lasting. I finally feel like I have control over something that has controlled me for my entire life. I even went to far as a young teen to take up some bad habits to try to control my hunger. It worked for awhile but once I realized I was basically going to kill myself doing those things I had to put it to a stop. Then I gained over 100 lbs in a matter of only a few months... wow... crazy when I stop to think about it! :thumbup:

Have a great day folks! Hopefully I'll have some more good news tomorrow! :wink0:

Hey diva,

glad to see you are doing so great! So you had your band removed and sleeve done all at the same time? WOW! I had my band out July 8th and will be getting my sleeve on Oct 15th (YAY I got a date!). I was just wondering if the surgery was much different than when you first got the band, in terms of pain, healing, and such? I'm curious because we are going into this kind of knowing what to expect, having had a band, is it somewhat easier when you woke up? I had my band 2 1/2 years ago!

Thanks,

Patti