Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm being SLEEVED on Sept. 15, 2010 by Dr. Aceves!!

Oh Diva how I have missed you! I am so glad you posted and you're on the road to recovery and watching the weight fall off!

Can't wait til you feel well enough to chat! Hope you told them we all love them at VST!

LilMissDiva I am so glad that you finally were able to get to your date and passed it without any problems! So happy for you, you deserve it! Keep us updated. You are awesome!

i am so happy for you!!!! you are going to do great with the sleeve--oh my gosh it came so fast, can't wait till you get back and start recovering, rest up, have a nice drive back, drop a line when home.....

Awww mila thanks my friend!!! :)) I'm recovering rather swiftly, especially considering my first two days. Those were NOOOO fun!

Oh Diva how I have missed you! I am so glad you posted and you're on the road to recovery and watching the weight fall off!

Can't wait til you feel well enough to chat! Hope you told them we all love them at VST!

I have missed all you guys too! All I could think about while I was so sick in bed was, hey I gotta go check in so people aren't getting too worried!!

Daisy you were so right about how wonderful everyone was there.

LilMissDiva I am so glad that you finally were able to get to your date and passed it without any problems! So happy for you, you deserve it! Keep us updated. You are awesome!

Thanks Jane!! It looks like you're plugging right along yourself! Hugs!!!

Well everyone I am back in the good ole US of A!! My Mom commented once we were back in Calexico that it was nice to see the STOP signs instead of the ALTO signs... LOL I thought that was pretty funny. :)

I planned my trip over 2 nights and 3 days. I wanted to make sure I don't over-do it. Our first night is here in Palm Springs. It's toasty warm out there but it is very nice. The main reason I chose this destination is that there is a monstrous sized Outlet Shopping Center here off Highway 10. They have just about every Fashion Designer you can think of. I do plan to buy so many cute things!! We'll drive up and down each aisle to see where I'd like to stop. I'm feeling really great so I don't see any issue on why I can't just walk about some here and there. I won't go in every single store, but I do have a few pegged that are a must see!!! :thumbup:

Before I left Mexicali the night before, Dr. Aceves came in and spoke to me (along with Dr. Campos) to remind me this is my second chance... so don't blow it!! LOL I mean, I struggled with the band yes, but I do admit I could've done better on my end. I think once I got the idea I was not going to get ANY help from my band I essentially gave up. Then every time I tried to do the right thing again it seemed to get harder and harder.

I honestly believe I made absolutely 110% the right choice! Well if you'd asked me that right after and I felt like I was gonna die right then, I don't know what I would've told you... lmao - but now? YESSSS!!! My Mom said I'm already looking skinnier!! That's always a plus! :thumbup1:

I just wanted to thank each and everyone here. I couldn't have done it without you guys and gals! The support here is A+!!! :001_wub:

Yeah, Glad to hear you're doing so well.

I had a rough couple of days too but feel great today.

I've been walking around my neighborhood every couple of hours and have gotten in about 40 ounces of fluids so far today. but everything tastes differrent. so i have no desire to drink or eat anything. moving on to purees tomorrow. yeah.

Yay!!!! I was there a week ago with my best friend and six months ago myself. I am so excited for you and what a great head start you gave yourself. Welcome aboard!!!!

Congrats Miss Diva, I am so glad you came through successfully and that you had a great trip to Dr. Aceves. Your trip home sounds wonderful. Just take it easy get some walking and shopping in. I know things are getting easier already for you and they will continue to do so. Have a great trip home!

Ooh shopping at Cabazon! Lucky lucky you!! COngrats on being on the 'other' size of the sleeve! WIshing you a speedy recovery! :scared0:

Yeah, Glad to hear you're doing so well.

I had a rough couple of days too but feel great today.

I've been walking around my neighborhood every couple of hours and have gotten in about 40 ounces of fluids so far today. but everything tastes differrent. so i have no desire to drink or eat anything. moving on to purees tomorrow. yeah.

Thanks tdov, I'm so glad to hear you're doing well too! I know what you mean about everything tasting different. Yuck! I had to actually throw out my Isopure. I did really like it but now its gross. I had to find a Walmart around here and buy some of those little Protein shots, and mix it with G2. Now, its not the best but it's something... :thumbdown:

Yay!!!! I was there a week ago with my best friend and six months ago myself. I am so excited for you and what a great head start you gave yourself. Welcome aboard!!!!

Awesome thank you wanna!! How is your friend doing now? :) I always see you're doing excellent! You're an inspiration here!!

Congrats Miss Diva, I am so glad you came through successfully and that you had a great trip to Dr. Aceves. Your trip home sounds wonderful. Just take it easy get some walking and shopping in. I know things are getting easier already for you and they will continue to do so. Have a great trip home!

Hey mp, I did figure doing a little shopping would hurt.. hehe ;-) Good thing is once I get tired I can just jump right back in the car and start the drive again. OMG, I'm so excited for the shopping trip later today!! Whoot!!

Ooh shopping at Cabazon! Lucky lucky you!! COngrats on being on the 'other' size of the sleeve! WIshing you a speedy recovery! :)

peatie, I know right?? I've been wanting to stop in there for so long. I'm always coming down this way and I'd pass it by and think, geez I need to make some time to stop in there! Well the time is NOW!!

Good morning everyone! I forgot to take my sleeping pill last night so I woke up a few times throughout with some bizzaro dreams, but I'm ok. I don't feel tired or bad. I should be home tomorrow so that's always something to look forward to.

I will be glad to get there, check my weight and just relax after that. My swelling in my belly from the gas is going down, thank goodness. It's just so uncomfortable... not one of the better things of WLS for sure.

Wishing everyone success!! :thumbup:

i love your new pic!!!.. and im glad that all is well with you... ;) it makes me really excited because i am going in only 11more days!!.. i fly out in 10!!! ahh!!... i hope that everything for me works out like it did for you!! <3 xoxoxoxo!! its sleevers like you that make this site so uselful and encouraging!!

i love your new pic!!!.. and im glad that all is well with you... :) it makes me really excited because i am going in only 11more days!!.. i fly out in 10!!! ahh!!... i hope that everything for me works out like it did for you!! <3 xoxoxoxo!! its sleevers like you that make this site so uselful and encouraging!!

Heya sleeve, those ten days are going to fly by! Hold on to your hat lady :) In the meantime try to think of anything and everything you will need. I tried to and still needed some things on the way home.. Haha!!

Don't worry! You will come through with flying colors. Mine was a bit more difficult and harder to recover from because I had to have a Lap-band removed in the process. But I'm still doing great! Got my nice cool Water bottle by my side like my new best friend. hehe :wink1:

How's everyone? Sooo I did stop at the Outlets. I bought a few goal dresses that are super smart and super cute. I had to keep telling them "no" when they'd ask if I want to try it on.. LOL I felt a little embarrassed but I got over it quick. They don't know my situation, and were just doing their job, especially since the items were non-refundable.

I bought an AWESOME LITTLE BLACK DRESS!! OMG I'll need to take a pikky of it to show here. It's so adorable. It's a size M, so pretty ambitious.. but by golly my big booty will fit in there someday!

Tomorrow I start bright and early. We are stationed in Bakersfield CA which is about a 4-5 hour drive home. I really can't wait. I have an amazing adjustable bed that's been screaming my name for days now.. lol I'm also glad I decided to take extra time off. I really need it, it's kinda tough coping with the idea that I will never again be able to eat like I used to. The truth is, I used to loooove to eat until I felt like I'd pop. When I'm not hungry, I wouldn't care - but once I got hungry enough I'd keep eating and gorging until my stomach was the size of a hot air balloon.

I think my sleeve was the perfect choice for me. Can't cheat it, once it's full - it's full. Wanna 'nother bite? Well you will soon regret that last taste.

Well hope everyone's day is fabulous!! :biggrin2:

Diva I am so happy that you're sleeved now!

I can't wait to chat with you! I may just have to call you!

Diva I am so happy that you're sleeved now!

I can't wait to chat with you! I may just have to call you!

I should be home by Noon today! Still making my way there, but I'm so ready to be home now. My kitties haven't seen me in a week now!!! :lol0:

Sure you can call, but later tonight or so since I'll be on the road until then most likely - then when I do get home I'll want a nap I'm sure! I miss my bed sooooo much!!! :w00t:

Miss Diva I live about an hour north of Bakersfield...so in the middle of nowhere! You must have driven right by me. Our cow pens are right up against highway there lol.

Haha that is funny mp! We did drive right by there.

I'M HOME FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sooo glad to be home and I'm on my bigger laptop. Now that I'm looking at it, it's like gigantic compared to my mini Dell... lol

Okay so what's the first thing I do?? That's right -- I jump right on my scale. It said 268.0. I admit when I saw that I felt a lump of disappoinment. I thought wow, 48 hours of near death for 4 Lbs??? :crying:

Then I remembered that WOW!! I'm ONLY on my 5th day out of surgery. That's a freakin Lb. a day I'm losing right now. THAT'S ALOT!! When's the last time I could ever say that I've lost an entire Lb. a day? I guess I felt disappointed because I lost 11 Lbs after 7 days on my Lap-Band surgery. But here's the difference, I didn't have a Pre-Op diet either. All that 11 Lbs. was mostly Water I'm sure. I've already lost the Water weight by having my Pre-Op diet two weeks prior to the big day. So yeah, I'm losing fat now. Especially with the kind of diet I'm doing right now, the high Protein and Low Carb.

Yay Me!!! LOL Ok, not trying to toot my own horn, but I'm pretty dang excited over this. I'd love to continue this trend for as long as I can. Even if it gets me through halfway to goal. If I slow down once I get about 50 Lbs. off I will be okay for it to slow down some, to maybe about 2 -3 Lbs. per week (hopefully a tiny bit more of course).

Hope everyone's day is a positive and successful one!!!! Hugs!!

Im sooooooo jealous....I have to wait until the morning until we leave for the San Diego airport, and I hope the scale reports something positive like yours!! I hope so I dont think Ive eaten food now for 7 days now lol (and the fantastic thing is Im not even craving it) WOW!

We did try doing a little shopping in Tijuana today but I didnt find anything, beautiful mall though!! Its so nice and warm here but I cant wait to go back home!!

Congratulations and welcome home!! BIG HUGS!!!