Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

450 pounds, 23 y old, TERRIFIED!

Hi roseib, must admit the pre op diet is so tough. I felt like crap for two days. Would have killed somebody for a bowl of mashed potato. All I want is carbs but I know it'll all be worth it in the end. Can't wait for surgery. It can't come quick enough.

Xx Emma

Glad to hear it is going well. Your cravings are typical. I was lucky I could have a palm sized amount of lean Protein and veggies for dinner. I still lost 19 lbs in two weeks and apparently my liver was ok for surgery since it went fine. The good news is that after surgery you won't be hungry so the postop liquid diet is a snap! Hang in there.

Hi Emma, and welcome from another "newbie". Looks like we've found a great place to come for advice and support. I wish you all the best with your surgery. I'm sure you're gonna do just fine.

Eydie:thumbup1:

welcome and congratulations on making such a smart decision. You are so young and this is the perfect time to take control of your life. I'm very proud of you. I'm 60 and got my sleeve 15 weeks ago and couldn't be happier. This is the best decision i have ever made and i LOVE MY SLEEVE, you will also. This is truly is a life changing for the better choice and i applaud you. You will love your new life and the new you and a great future, God Bless and keep us posted on your progress, all the best jeani

Thanks for all your kind replies guys. I really wish my surgery date was here. I can't wait to get sleeved at this stage. I'm so glad I made this decision but am realising I will have to completely change my whole life for this to work. I can't believe how much I have relied on food all along. My whole life revolved around my next meal. I think I need a hobby lol. I can't think about stuffing my face anymore. I need a new vice lol. Thanks you guys for sharing with me

Xxx Emma

Off to the hospital. So nervous, my stomach is killing me! Hope everything goes ok. I'll let u guys know asap. Thanks for all the support guys. Here it goes :-S

Xxx Emma

Good luck and get back to us soon.

Jane x

Hope all went well Emma and that you're feeling good... can't wait to hear from you as a sleever! :001_smile:

Welcome Emma! Just the step of coming here and posting about your life is a step in the right direction. I'm a newbie as well and I find that this board has the best, supportive people. We're both in good hands.

As far as the surgery.. the only change that may need to be done is instead of the surgery being done laproscopy it may need to be done open. You'll be knocked out so you won't feel or know the difference until later. Sometimes when the doctors go in and look inside they realize the organs are a little too big so it makes it a bit more difficult to do it the "easier" way. But other than that, you should be just fine. You'll just have a longer recovery period than others. I would ask your surgeon if he/she plans on doing the surgery open if the organs are too big.

We're always scared of the unknown so thats why coming here is great. You get useful information that you can use as a tool to prepare. You're going to do fantastic.

Hope this helps a little.

Emma, wishing you a smooth and quick recovery~!! I know you will do wonderfully :) Please check in with us when you feel up to it!

Hi guys, thanks for all the support. Checked in the hospital today but surgery isn't happening until tomorrow. That's how they do it here in Ireland. All settled in my room now and feeling really at ease to be honest. I have met everyone whose going to be working on me and they are all great. Fingers crossed for tomorrow guys. Can't wait to log back on as a sleeved

Xxx

Emma

Emma,

Welcome to our quirky little family. There are many of us from different walks of life, but the commonality is this, we tried everything, we missed out on years of experiences because our bodies (or our worries of judgement) held us back. I am so thrilled that you are taking charge at a young age. There are a variety of different weights people have started at, but as long as you willing to use your sleeve as a tool, follow your surgeon and NUT advice, and find support here and anywhere else you may need it, YOU WILL REACH YOUR GOAL! I could not wrap my head around having to lose 160 pounds. It felt impossible, my original goal for myself was that if I could reach 200lbs I would be satisfied and know that I had made changes for better health, both physically and spiritually, but I know that now I am stronger than I ever realized, I am capable of things I didn't know I could do, and I have a cute ass. Who knew? Keep posting and let others support you as you support them. We can all get to where we dream of being and not waste anymore time on being obese.

Best of luck to you!

Anna